Start by marking “Hunters' Quest” as Want to Read:
Hunters' Quest

Read Book

Hunters' Quest

Scaly Vergai invaders have captured the Elven Jewel from Reloria. Halfling friends, Randir and Fendi, their bond-fairies, men, dwarves, an elf and a dragon are a group of brave hunters on a quest to recover the stolen Elven Jewel. They must search for a mage who can make a portal to Vergash to rescue the princess and restore the protective forcefiel
Published January 15th 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published November 29th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Hunters' Quest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunters' Quest

Patricia
Apr 12, 2014 Patricia rated it it was amazing

This is the second book in the Elven Jewel series. Reloria is under siege by the Vergai. Randir. and Fendi

and their bond fairies are on a mission to bring back the jewel and save Reloria. They have help from men. dwarves and a elf. They brave so many different trials as they fight to bring back the jewel to get the force field working again.

To throw a big twist into their plans the princess has been kidnapped by an alien Cyclops with a very mean ass lizard thing that does their bidding. So wh
Lucinda
Apr 13, 2014 Lucinda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A supremely magical fantasy of remarkable scope and originality!

“The Hunters of Reloria” is an exciting new series of extraordinary imaginative vision and breathtaking world building, in which you are transported to the hart of a magical place. From Elves and Fairies that bewitch, to fire-breathing Dragons and disgruntled Dwarves, Halflings {like Tolkien’s Hobbit’s} and Centaurs; this epic fantasy creation contains a diverse mixture of otherworldly creatures. Not since JRR Tolkien or William Ho
wrecked_life
Mar 30, 2014 wrecked_life rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, adventure
Hunters' Quest (book 2 in the Hunters of Reloria series) By Kasper Beaumont Description
Peaceful Reloria is under siege by scaly Vergai invaders by portal who have captured the Elven Jewel which creates their protective forcefield. These Vergai live across the western sea, and have fled with the elven princess.Halfling friends, Randir and Fendi and their bond-fairies are members of a group of brave hunters on a quest to recover the stolen Elven Jewel. They must search for a mage who can make a po
Kat

This is the second book, and it was great to jump straight back into the quest to save Reloria after book 1, the Halflings gain more to their group while on their quest of forming an army to defend Reloria against the Vergai.

The Characters develop and grow as you progress through the book, bonds are formed, unlikely allies are gained.

Kasper Beaumont has developed the fantasy world and you get engrossed that I was reading well past my bedtime.

There are some setbacks that the group face, and alt
Sarah Baethge
Apr 06, 2014 Sarah Baethge rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
'Hunter's Quest' is the sequel to Kasper Beaumont's 'Elven Jewl' in the Hunter's of Reloria trilogy. It is a grand mythical adventure where a group of unlikely allies (simple country halflings, shape-shifting mountain men, human nobles, dwarven mages & elven guardsmen) find that they need to work together in order to rescue the elven princess who controls magic that keeps their land of Reloria save.
Now this is more complicated than it sounds because the princess, Shari-Rose was kidnapped by
Deborah McClatchey
Oct 19, 2014 Deborah McClatchey rated it it was amazing
I was given this book for an honest review by this talented author.

After finishing the ELVEN JEWEL, I looked forward to once again be transported to another world. I found this book superb! It was intense! I love the mermaids, centaurs, and dragons… this has a fast-moving plot and action packed with new characters. Their continued journey is treacherous what with battles and magic.

I highly recommend this excellent read for middle school kids, young adults and the young at heart. It will not di
Carol Jones
Feb 14, 2014 Carol Jones rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved this book, cant wait to read the next book
Queen Spades
Note: This version of the book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. For the full review, please visit The Review Board website.

Hunters' Quest is the second book in The Hunters of Reloria trilogy. I did read the first book Elven Jewel to get the full effect of all that has gone on.

One of the things I tend to get asked as a reviewer is if the books in a trilogy can stand alone. Although one can read Elven Jewel and get the feel that it is a stand alone story, I cannot say f
Nobody Loser
Feb 01, 2014 Nobody Loser rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fantasy lovers and dreamers: We know the feeling of plodding through weak second books in a series. We live in a world where, at their best, a fantasy series can be only almost as good as the first. The idea may have been great to begin with, but its continuation often suffers from a lack of ideas or drowns in a subtle, anticlimactic wave. With that in mind, I started book two of the Hunters of Reloria series by Kasper Beaumont. Thankfully, I can say Elven Jewel: Hunters' Quest, launched ...more
Frederick Crook
Dec 08, 2015 Frederick Crook rated it liked it
I have to start off by saying that my love of fantasy novels began and ended with J.R.R. Tolkien’s “The Hobbit” and the “Lord of the Rings” series. Just like my interest in the life of a mobster began and ended with “The Godfather” movies. Yes, that means I have no interest in “The Sopranos”, either. It has nothing to do with how well the series was done, I got the point with “The Godfather”.
So, I have to say that Kaspar Beaumont has done reasonably well with this book. I have not read any of t
Andi Houtsch
Oct 04, 2015 Andi Houtsch rated it liked it
Written in what I consider classic fantasy style, Hunters’ Quest sticks true to the traditional archetypes of elves and halflings, dwarves, shape shifting men, gnomes, centaurs and fairies, just to name a few. A group of eight companions travel together on a quest to rescue an elven princess who also happens to be the key component to a forcefield/shield that protects the magical land of Reloria.
While not terribly written, I found this book to be slow and uninteresting. It picks up where the fi
Gypsy Madden
Feb 18, 2015 Gypsy Madden rated it really liked it
Hunters of Reloria was a fun romp with a Fellowship straight out of Lord of the Rings (a couple of men, an aloof Elf, several Hobbits, and a dwarf -though this one had three hobbits and two dwarves and they were looking for their wizard to round out the group. At least this Fellowship had a token girl, though I do question why we can’t even up the number of males to females since it is the modern age) on a quest to rescue an Elven princess and take down the enemy forces while traveling through a ...more
Charity Tober
Apr 17, 2015 Charity Tober rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Hunter’s Quest” is book two in Kasper Beaumont’s epic ‘Hunters of Reloria’ fantasy fiction series. The book continues with our unlikely band of heroes (which includes men, halflings, elves, dwarves, fairies and a dragon) as they seek passage across rough waters with a scurvy group of pirates, lead by the infamous Captain Halldor. Things get tense as you might imagine but our heroes are not ones to back down from a fight! Especially with the importance of their quest to defeat the Vergai and ...more
Louise White
Jul 19, 2014 Louise White rated it it was amazing
Kasper Beaumont delivers yet another delightful read with Hunters' Quest, Book 2 of the Hunters of Reloria series.
The quest for the precious Jewel continues and the heroes are developing beautifully against the amazing backdrop that has been so skilfully crafted.
Action-packed from the outset, the fantastical creatures abound with mermaids, Centaurs and gnomes to name only a few, introduced at stages throughout the fast moving plot.
The locations are as nicely drawn as to be expected from Kasper B
Louise White
Jul 19, 2014 Louise White rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The locations are as nicely drawn as to be expected from Kasper B
Julia
Feb 18, 2015 Julia rated it it was amazing
This trilogy for me was new. New because it was a genre I wouldn't normally read on my own. Though I was given these books for a honest review and wanted to share that review with you.

The story begins with Fendi and Randir along with their fairies Fendi-la and Randir-la. Their connection with their fairies is quite amazing. Their lives soon change from what they know in the South Lands they know as their home. They've never been on an adventure much less had their world as they knew it threatene
Frank Wright
Jan 27, 2016 Frank Wright rated it really liked it
True to form, the descriptive settings and characters pull you right into the story, even faster with this sequel than with the first book. There is a map at the beginning to bring a visual element to the settings and this story comes with some illustrations and descriptions of the characters I left in the first installment along with a brief background to refresh my memory.

The author wastes no time in causing the characters turmoil. They are immediately thrown into difficult situations and the
A.R. Wise
Aug 04, 2014 A.R. Wise rated it really liked it
In this second installment of the Hunters of Reloria Trilogy things start to get very intense. Reloria is under siege from the evil Vergai invaders. They have captured the Elven Jewel, but she is feisty and holding her own.

We see our Hunters encounter a host of new allies that lend aid along their hard journey. I believe the mermaids were my favorite. Their journey is fraught with up-hill battles that they have to overcome. The introduction of new characters along the way added additional depth
Lorna Francis
Jan 31, 2015 Lorna Francis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hunters' Quest by Kasper Beaumont
This action packed second novel in the Hunters of Reloria series is a Fantasy lovers delight. The development of the characters and the introduction of new magical and fantastic creatures and characters is intriguing and delightful.
We find out more about the struggles and quarrels which have led to fighting and hatred between the knights and mountain men of Reloria. We see the sadness and loss that is a result of this in the Hunters Quest. How can they put this
Jenn S.
Aug 09, 2016 Jenn S. rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-requested
The second book by Kasper turns out to be a much better work compared to the first book. The writing was much better and consistent with a smoother plot line that moves along nicely. There isn't much left to the imagination, which some readers prefer, and there's plenty going on to keep the reader turning pages. My middle child spent the better part of a day reading this one with a few words of praise afterwards. We would both recommend this to the fans of sci-fi and fantasy. I received an ...more
Joanne Steptoe
This fantastic book continues the saga of the 'Hunters of Reloria'. It lets you get to know more about the halflings and the special link they have with their bond faeries. It reveals the story of the mysterious dragon man Ash and his heritage. It also continues to develop and evolve the characters and relationships started in 'Elven Jewel' (book one).

The introduction of new characters with just as much personality as the originals keeps the story alive an interesting. And... the plot not only r
Arlene Mullen
May 26, 2014 Arlene Mullen rated it really liked it
So they are headed to cut off some Vergai and they are attacked by pirates and they sink. But Fendi is rescued by the queen of the mermaids. She senses that he has a far greater purpose and offers her protection and help. Daeron is able to get visions of the queen and see where she is and what she is doing. He gets a vision that makes them believe that the elven jewel can be restored.
It was a great 2nd book. The story was a little slow moving. I felt it could have been a little shorter and still
Fi Chadwick
Feb 15, 2014 Fi Chadwick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An exciting story that follows on from Elven Jewel. The hunters of reloria continue their treacherous journey to save the Elven Jewel and their home. They meet some fascinating creatures along the way. I particularly enjoyed the land of dragons, the centaurs, and the chatty and quirky mage. The halflings and their bond fairies become brave warriors in this instalment. A cliffhanger ends the story leaving me highly anticipating book 3. Suspense, adventure, action and some romance make this a must ...more
Victoria
Jun 29, 2014 Victoria rated it liked it
Back in Beaumont's world of elves, dwarves and halflings, the adventure continues with more action and romance. While there are still aspects of the storytelling that need to be polished, Beaumont's characters show a lot of growth. I particularly enjoyed the development of the romantic relationships, particularly between Fendi and the 'halflling huntress.' I look forward to seeing what happens with them.
Steph
Sep 08, 2015 Steph rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: I wouldn't recommend it to anyone until the editing is fixed.
Having read book one I went into Hunter's Quest with a negative mindset. And reading it didn't change my point of view. I'm not picking on the story, which was okay by itself. But I just couldn't get into it because I was constantly being distracted by the appalling editing and spelling mistakes. I only read the whole thing because I was critiquing it for a friend. I was glad when it was over.
Kasper
Dec 02, 2013 Kasper rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Hunters' Quest is an epic fantasy adventure novel. If you like books such as The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, The Belgariad, The Magician series or Narnia books, please give this a go. Magic happens :-)
It is suitable for proficient readers from around age 11 upwards. Plenty of adult fans too, so broad appeal.
Jessica Kong
Aug 27, 2014 Jessica Kong rated it it was amazing
A Great Sequel!

Hunter’s Quest is part two to Elven Jewel. I am happy to say that Kasper has succeeded in writing the perfect sequel. This story will not disappoint readers following the Hunters of Relora. I look forward to book 3.
Angela Ford
Action packed adventure

This adventure never had a dull moment, as the story continues the characters face all kinds of challenges all leading up to the huge finale in book three!
Kasper Beaumont
Kasper Beaumont rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2015
Nadja Losbohm
Nadja Losbohm rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2015
  • White Horse Regressions (Glen Wiley Mystery #2)
  • A Cold Day in Hell
  • Sinners, Survivors and Saints (Boulton Quest #2)
  • Visions and Shadows (Vaalbara, #1)
  • Exposed To Passion (Five Senses, #3)
  • Pure Trash: The Story
  • Particle Horizon
  • GAMELAND: Failsafe (S. W. Tanpepper's GAMELAND, #2)
  • The Birth and The Battle (Defender's Blood, #2)
  • The Orphan's Tale (Book I)
  • Memory's Curse (Task Force: Gaea, #2)
  • Edge of Darkness (2nd Freak House #3)
  • The Loathly Lady
  • Her Last Assassin
  • Duplicity (The Transformed, #5)
  • Between Us, Book 1-3, The Complete Box Set: Reid and Lola's Story (The McDaniels Brothers, #7-9)
  • What a Girl Wants (Rock Stars in Disguise: Rhiannon)
  • Perilous (Ripple, #7)
Kasper J. Beaumont was born and raised in Australia and lives a quiet life with the family in a seaside town. Kasper has combined a love of fantasy and a penchant for travel in this trilogy. Kasper started to write on the urging of friends and family and enjoys watching readers become immersed in the magical world of Reloria.

The Hunters of Reloria trilogy:
Elven Jewel was published as an ebook and
More about Kasper Beaumont...