Start by marking “Congregation of Darkness (Full Moon #2)” as Want to Read:
Congregation of Darkness (Full Moon #2)

Congregation of Darkness (Full Moon #2)

What if you could start completely over?
Clean slate
Without limitations, or disabilities
Without human failures of any kind-
And all it cost was your SOUL.
The question is:
Would you do it?
Well......would you?

Book Two of Full Moon Series, CONGREGATION OF DARKNESS chronicles the continuing adventures of vampire Charley Rabbit, his mother Mitzi and their 'modern family' o
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 424 pages
Published November 21st 2013 by P.A. Mattern

To ask other readers questions about Congregation of Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Congregation of Darkness

Runningrabbit
Sexual quotient: No blushing on a commuter day with this one.
Soundtrack: Bela Lugusis Dead https://youtu.be/MPT-7YblCKY
Series FREE Kindle Unlimited
This series has managed to stay delightfully refreshing pulling in new characters and additional themes which has continued in vein with its originality.

The essence of the story is not YA despite the lack of graphic sex scenes. The novel displays well developed characters, their diversity including insight to a number of main figures, maintained loo
Ruby McDemon
Oct 27, 2016 Ruby McDemon rated it it was amazing
Amazing story and awesome second installment to the series. I love that this jumps around to the different characters and picks up close to the ending of the first book. I love the new challenges and changes everyone goes through. I was a little sad at some relationship changes, but it wouldn't be the same without them. There is so much to say about this story and all its goodness, but... That would be giving away too much and I am not one to do that.
Go DeArt
Sep 23, 2016 Go DeArt rated it liked it
Shelves: p-mattern
Almost finished, but definitely NOT a STANDALONE series . . . Book 1 is necessary reading!

I like the story line and writing but the EDITING is atrocious and very DISTRACTING as I read. Charlie Rabbit continues catching up his adolescent mind with his very attractive new vampire gifts. The cast of characters is delightful, each transforming emotionally crafted with unique personality traits and idiosyncrasies, good and bad. The book reads almost as Young Adult but crosses into more Adult reading
Angela Cruz
Jan 11, 2016 Angela Cruz rated it it was amazing
This is a paranormal romance. The second book in the Full Moon Series. This is not a stand alone, you must read the first book. Congregation of Darkness does pick up where the last book World of Azglen ended. I do recommend this for adults only due to the sexual content. This is one of my favorite series, I so love Charley Rabbit, even though this book doesn't revolve around Charley has much as the first book, it ties together perfectly. This read has everyone from the first book plus the author ...more
Valerie Roberson
May 13, 2016 Valerie Roberson rated it it was amazing

Wow! Congregation of Darkness was even better than the first book. More Sex than you can shake a stick at. New faces and new truned vamps. New stories besides the ones in Fort Hunt and surprsies. Oh Boy are there some surprises! There are a few jaw dropping suprises!
Charley Rabbit had a hard time learning how a adult should act, but with the help of Lux, he found a new love and grew up a little. Charley and Fress's breakup was hard on both of them, but was needed, for Charly's sake.
Mitzi and
Trista Baldwin
Jul 07, 2014 Trista Baldwin rated it it was amazing
I am so glad that I was given the opportunity to chat with the author and she gifted me this series. Like previous reviewers have stated, I am not crazy about the covers and probably would not have purchased them just judging the cover. But do not let them full you on the amazing journey that Charley Rabbit, his mother Mitzi and the rest of the gang will take you on. This is not your typical vampire series. The original characters have some great character growth and we are introduced to some ...more
Rachael
Jul 27, 2014 Rachael rated it liked it
Shelves: must-read-read
Disappointed

After such a wonderfully written book one I was more than eager to start book two.
These are my opinions and do not reflect how I feel about the Author.
Cons
1. our favorite twice bitten was thrown out like yesterday's trash. For some reason he needed to "grow up more" and was left in the dust while his ex soul mate was getting sexual with a person Charley despised. She went bed hopping. Sorry, is a HUGE NO GO FOR ME!
This book had too many characters and subplots. It became very h
Shirley Williamson
Mar 15, 2015 Shirley Williamson rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness! This saga keeps getting better and better! Patricia Mattern is a genius! I challenge anyone who says they are not a fan of vampire stories to read this series. It has a different take and her books are phenomenal!
We meet new characters in this book. And new species if you will. Carey gets attacked by something although he is not sure what. He runs away to his aunts and meets an amazing girl, Kimbra. Oh and finds a dog Loki who is a little bit "more".
In the meantime, Cass and Mitz
Erinn
Feb 09, 2015 Erinn rated it it was amazing
I was given this book by the author in exchange for an honest review. Congregation of darkness, was full of surprises I couldn't wait to get back to reading in order to find out what would happen next. I am excited to read the next book in the series and see what happens but at the same time I don't want it to be over. The work that the author put into these books is perfect the detail is great, mixed with the twists and turns is amazing. These books really make me wish that the board game world ...more
Casia Schreyer
Dec 09, 2014 Casia Schreyer rated it it was ok
I think the premise of this story has promise. I like the idea of a high needs human being turned into a vampire and cured instead of remaining "crazy". But I couldn't get through the first chapter of this book. The red font with the crossed out letters signifying a tracked change in Microsoft Office Word were left in the finished manuscript. Whoever edited the book decided that darkness should only have one 's', and that 'Charly Rabbit's mom' didn't need the possessive apostrophe s. These were ...more
Lisa
Jan 05, 2016 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Amazing! Simply great story telling !

This book has everything great story line. Well defined characters, and twists like you wouldn't believe.
Hallie, the main character, doesn't know where she's at from minute to minute. You get really immersed in her story.
Is she in a mental asylum with Josh seeing awful things in
her Mind?
Did she somehow time travel or jump to another place and live a very interesting life with very handsome , but not quite so nice in the beginning Zander? Resulting in Kalli?
O
Tonya
Jun 23, 2014 Tonya rated it really liked it
I know that this book is in the process of getting re-edited, and as soon as it is it will be a 5 star read. It is very well written and has great character growth and development. This is the second story in the series. We learn more about the other characters adn also get to meet a few more, along with a couple more different types of vampires. We learn about Mitzi's new powers, since becoming a tri-bite. If you are burnt out on the main stream vampire stories and are looking for something ...more
The Color of Ink
Aug 14, 2015 The Color of Ink rated it really liked it
Congregation of Darkness is the continuation of Charley’s life as a vampire. Starting over has a whole new set of challenges for both him and his new family unit. In this read you follow along while he grows into his powers. New adventures await Charley, his mother, and the rest of the gang.

After reading book two of this series, you won’t be able to wait to see where the story takes you next. I am enjoying following along as the characters develop and change. There seemed to be a lot going on i
Lupe
Jun 08, 2016 Lupe rated it liked it
Okay. So it was great to pick up where the last book left off with all my favourite characters in tow.
There was a slight improvement on the grammatical errors that plagued me in book 1 however, with book 2 some of the character names were wrong which bugged me to no end. At one point when talking about Fress it was actually fresh. Seriously?
It is a good thing the storyline is gripping as this differs from your standard paranormal books. It comes with a new perspective.
Let's see what book 3 ha
Kristin Dutt
Jul 05, 2014 Kristin Dutt rated it it was amazing
First let me say I'm not a real fan of the book covers of this series but please don't let that deter you from giving it a try. I'm truly loving the Full Moon series and can't wait to start on #3

This is for sure a world that is unlike any other vampire series. If your tired of the norm give this series a chance. It is different but you'll get used to the differences to where it will suck you in. The characters get more defined in this story like Mitzi's and you meet some new ones along the way.

I
Michelle Ferrari-Johnson
Aug 14, 2016 Michelle Ferrari-Johnson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: all-time-faves
Not Your Average Family

HOLY CRAP ON A CRACKER! In this book you meet new people affected by the Dark Arts and how they are pulled to join together. Betrayal, surprise and forgiveness abound in this next segment of the series.

This book demonstrates how not everything is precisely as it seems and that communication is key for continued existence in a thriving family.
Be prepared for oooo's and aaaah's as knowledge is revealed and shared~
P.S. Winn
Jan 09, 2015 P.S. Winn rated it it was amazing
The amazing epic story continues, readers will find favorites and of course the ones you have to hate are hear too. If I wouldn't have been gifted this series of books I would still be reading them anyway because I love this series and the more modern vies of the supernatural and the beings that go with it. already started on the third book and looking forward to all. Great job on this collection
Christine Young
Aug 19, 2014 Christine Young rated it it was amazing
Ahhh Patricia, your books make me happy. Another wonderful installment in the World of Azglen series. I love catching up with the characters I love. It made me powerlaugh so many times and was an all around fun read. I'm still up in the air about the whole Daniel situation but I'm looking forward to seeing how it all plays out. Awesome job darlin' :)
Veronica Thomas
Aug 30, 2015 Veronica Thomas rated it it was amazing
Gets even better!

Book two even more interesting and intense than the first, which I did not think was possible. Awesome series, great story building and very cool characters. This series is a must read.
Candice
Feb 27, 2016 Candice rated it it was amazing
This series keeps on getting better. It picks up right after the first one left off. Now I won't be a spoil sport and give our details but I will say that's it's kinda crazy. Kinda sexy. And a lot like a rollercoaster. But you'll have to read it first your self.
Toni L.
Aug 26, 2016 Toni L. rated it really liked it
Had a problem with this book. It was sometimes hard
to read. I guess it was how it was written or how it was
down loaded on my kindle. But all in all it was good read.
Am on to the 3rd book and the saga continues. Vampires.
C.A. Tibbitts
Sep 29, 2014 C.A. Tibbitts rated it it was amazing
P Mattern has done it again! This book continues the story of Charley and the gang from book one (World of Azglen). There were so many ups and down, it kept me emotionally involved until the very end! My love affair with Charley Rabbit continues… I'm off to read book 3!
Penny Potts
Jul 27, 2016 Penny Potts rated it it was amazing
As always...can't get enough

P. Mattern delivers another good read that pulls you through. Almost late to work just so I could finish! Getting ready to start the next in the series
Carolyn Brown
Aug 15, 2016 Carolyn Brown rated it really liked it
Wonderfully written and smooth transition

This book is a smooth transition from book one and into book three.
Although in my opinion, sometimes to much detail. It is very detail and keeps you in suspense.
Tamye Whitener
Aug 14, 2016 Tamye Whitener added it
Recommended to Tamye by: P. Mattern
I liked the story line, but this book was in draft form, not the finished product, so I don't feel right in rating or reviewing this book at this time.
Kym Moore
Aug 29, 2016 Kym Moore rated it it was amazing
Excellently written

A real page Turner. Couldn't put it down. Love the characters. Can't wait to read the third book. Just wonderful.
Mary MacKay
Jun 17, 2016 Mary MacKay rated it really liked it
Very Interesting

Found the book as good as the first. Was rather distracted by certain words in red. Did not understand what that was about.
Chrissy Dyer
Jan 27, 2016 Chrissy Dyer rated it it was amazing
P Mattern gives us an excellent book 2 of the Full Moon Series. This series gets better and better with each book!
Natalie Lemke-mussche
Natalie Lemke-mussche rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2014
Kelley Sanders
Kelley Sanders rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2016

Full Moon (5 books)
  • World of Azglen (Full Moon #1)
  • Full Moon Falling Faster (Full Moon #3)
  • A Quanta of Magick (Full Moon #4)
  • Roue of the Dragon (Full Moon #5)