Start by marking “Tailor Made (Tailor Made, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tailor Made (Tailor Made, #1)

Tailor Made (Tailor Made #1)

When Mr. Wrong measures up just right!

College tart Felix McAvoy is used to causing a stir with his conceptual art pranks, but for his final show, he’s planning something even more outrageous. In a last ditch attempt to seduce his jaded tutor, Felix plans to wear the canvas in a subversive display. However, if he’s going to do this right he’ll need a tailor-made canvas sui
Published February 9th 2014 (first published January 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Tailor Made, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tailor Made

julio
Aug 11, 2016 julio rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novella
agreeable good fun.

the hits:

- god bless big, lumbering, ruggedly virginal boys who blush like sansa stark
- myles has a real sense of sexy details, like the whisper of silk on otherwise naked skin
- low-angst, high-promise HEA
- fun art references
- really funny theater major joke
- did i mention the ruggedly virginal lad? i did, didn't i. *dreamy sigh* he's a designer, which struck me as passing unlikely, but fucked if i care. poor thing was sweetly overmatched from page five
- DAT COVER

the nits:

(vie
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
Picked this one up when it was on sale....and when I saw that book 2 was coming out soon.

I really enjoyed this one. It was a fun read!

I really liked both Felix and Andy-baby (ha)!

Nice steam. Low angst. Some LOL moments.

No complaints from me, recommended read!
Vanessa North
Feb 15, 2014 Vanessa North rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites

I am smitten with this book.

Unicorn and rainbow smitten.

With a pegasus rutting around in there because mine is a sparkly yet earthy love.

Josephine Myles
Aug 22, 2016 Josephine Myles added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: Fans of steamy, humorous, contemporary gay romance.
Author’s Note about the second edition (out on February 10th, 2014):

Tailor Made is a story close to my heart in many ways. Not only is it set in Bath—a city I love dearly—but Felix and Andrew are both creative in ways I’ve explored over the years. When I was a teenager I was obsessed with art and portraiture, like Felix, but I made the mistake of choosing a college preoccupied with conceptual art. At the time the Young British Artists were making headlines all over the world, and while I dutiful
Gigi
Mar 29, 2015 Gigi rated it really liked it
Recommended to Gigi by: ♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣

Bravo, bravo! This was an lovely, fun, feel good book about opposites attracting with an art collage backdrop. Loved it! Recommended.
Ann
I really liked this story the first time I read it in May of 2013 and on the reread I loved it even more.

How much do I love when a character has to tell his dick “down boy” repeatedly? Felix is quite the party boy and on the surface he is cocky an overconfident. He wears those descriptors adorably though. Only Felix could flirt to within an inch of his life, swagger out of a room and then trip over his shoelaces. Nothing stops him from what he wants though and what he wants is his tutor Saul. Fe
Vivian
Jan 29, 2014 Vivian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-contemp
Adorable.

Funny and cheeky with all the ridiculousness that Felix manages to say and do. In contrast to Andrew stoicism he's right over the top. His art concepts are the pranks you'd expect from that overly indulged, self importance that contemporary art reeks of and yet, you laugh.

Romantic tale of the sweet and the slutty. * Big grin*

Favorite quote:
“Felix McAvoy—dedicated to making blow jobs a work of art” was scrawled under the phone number in a flamboyant hand.
Ele
Aug 30, 2016 Ele rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute but not my favorite Jo Myles.

Also, Felix was gross because:

A) "Because you [Felix] carved a statue out of your own frozen urine last year, then let it melt all over the gallery?”

B) "I’ll be mixing mixing up some brown paint with sand and texturisers to replicate shit, and I’m going to roll in it.”

C)"Felix dropped the piece of spunk-smeared, floral-patterned viscose into the bin. “What? They’ll just think it’s glue or something when it’s dried.”

Dude! Who does this shit? GROSS!

Chris
Jan 14, 2012 Chris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, gay, done, arc, ebook, 2012
Sweet and smutty m/m romance about an unapologetically slutty art student who wants to get his advisor in bed. But he's not expecting to find himself so drawn to the fashion student he tries to shanghai into helping him with his senior project...
Jenre
Feb 10, 2012 Jenre rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, contemporary, romance
Felix is on a mission to impress his art tutor at College so that his tutor will want to bed him. In order for this to happen he enlists the help of Andrew, a fashion student, to make a suit for him. Andrew is reluctant at first because he finds Felix's slutty ways a bit too much but eventually agrees. Both men are surprised at how well they get on with each other and Felix finds himself thinking less about his tutor and more about Andrew.

I have to admit, I wasn't too sure when I first started t
~Kristin~
Sep 05, 2016 ~Kristin~ rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Aug 08, 2016 Heather K (dentist in my spare time) marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Heather K (dentist in my spare time) by: Vanessa North
Price drop to $0.99 at Amazon US today! 8/8/16!
Star
I don't usually go for sweet, but this was irresistible. Felix is such a sweet little tart!
Sara
There is something that happens when I open a book from Josephine Myles. I get this insane happiness and rightness about what I am about to read before my eyes move over a single word. To quote a friend “She writes the best characters,” and I agree with this 100%. Tailor Made is just another reason for me to be a card carrying fangirl of Ms. Myles.

Felix McAvoy needs a suit made for his final art performance and this cannot be an ordinary suit; this has a lot weighing on it. Not only will it hol
Sheri
Oh my! What a fun cheeky story of opposites attract. If you haven’t read Jo Myles before, well, you are really missing out. And if you know and enjoy her work as I do, chalk this one up as another goodie. I think one of Jo’s strongest suits is her lighthearted charm that filters through the story and lifts the corners of your lips as you read. Her characters are always top notch too, even when they wear a suit of smug illusions. Felix is the tart (ha! I love that) that proudly swaggers in this ...more
Tami (synchro from BL)
A very entertaining and sweet short novel about an aspiring art student and a down to earth fashion student. Felix, the artist, is a party boy and only looking for the next lay, with a crush on one of his professors, when he meets Andrew whose help he needs for a project. Andrew is rational and somewhat shy, but very intrigued by the experienced Felix. Both characters are very likable and though the whort length of the novel it is NOT insta-love - high five for that!
Another high five for hotness
Ami
Cute and adorable story about the "slutty" art student and the "prim and proper" fashion student. Felix is unapologetic and he makes me smile for his way of trying to coax Andrew out of his shell. It's a case of opposite attract, resulting in a nice read.
Justin
Jul 29, 2016 Justin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Justin by: Ann
I loved Felix and Andrew. I loved their story. I loved the author's writing in this one and I can't wait to read Custom Fit!
Lori
May 06, 2014 Lori rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Josephine Myles is one of my must read authors and this book did not disappoint in any way, shape or form.

Felix - how do I love thee, let me name the ways....

Or not, but I am having a real thing for the more, vivid, characters in books at the moment. Along with Jay from Loving Jay by Renae Kaye and Kansas from A Different Dance by Nash Summers, Felix kinda stole my heart. Even though he was bratty and arrogant.

Andrew was lovely too - in a moody kinda way. Not boring but definitely a rock and I l
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
This was simple and sweet and a wee bit hot. Since these are college boys, that sex doesn't always last that long. And when it does, we're told instead of shown.

The setting is fun and there are unique details given we're with Felix and Andrew at art school.

Things are made a bit obvious but it doesn't really matter when it's cute like this.

Definitely light, and yes I'll say it, fluffy, with a dash of friends and a pinch of humor.

It's a bit middle of the road for me, but this isn't meant to be som
MLE
Nov 05, 2012 MLE rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-archive, mm
If Felix had been as shallow as he first appears to be I would not have enjoyed this book at all, but once I discovered how and why he acted the way he did my opinion of this book went way up. Love the artistic aspect of the book especially the tailoring. I've made some clothes before, so I know how much work goes into making something especially something that fits really well. A fun, and light hearted read.
Mandapanda
3.5 stars. Excellent short romance about a bad guy reformed by love. Felix McAvoy is an inrrepressibly slutty and worldly art student who needs to create a cutting edge artwork for his attractive professor. He turns to the honourable, virginal, fashion student Andrew to make him a suit which will be the canvas for his work. But Andrew's inexperience and intensity are more appealing than Felix expected and he finds himself reconsidering his beliefs. Lovely setting and really appealing couple.

Hannah
This was a cute, comfortable read. It was very light and predictable, but that was exactly what I was in the mood for today. Unfortunately, my enjoyment was severely marred by formatting issues which should have been addressed before the ebook was released. I'll think twice before buying from this publisher again.
Bitchie *hates the new GR Homepage*
This was just adorable, about a total manslut and a total virgin waiting for his one true love. Can these two total opposites manage to find love together? And if they do, will they have enough common sense to tell the other?

Why yes, yes they can! I loved Felix and his totally out and proud ways, and I loved Andrew and his shyness. Saul was too smarmy though, but I think he was supposed to be.
Katharina
Aug 31, 2013 Katharina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, humour
Oh wow, I loved this!!! It was funny and lighthearted with characters that grow on you and that you can't help but love.

Felix is incredibly talented as an artist, but he chose the art school he is going to more because of its location (the beautiful city of Bath) and not because of its art program. And so, instead of honing his abundantly existent skills in painting and drawing, he seeks to find a new way every year to surprise his cynical tutors with their "the more shocking the better" attitud
DarienMoya

I love this author’s work! She is able to bring two men who are as different as night and day together and make beautiful sweet man love. So is the case with Tailor Made, we have the fantabulous tart Felix and the virginal and shy Andrew. What both men have in common is that they attend the same art school and they are both set in their ways when it comes to how they live their life.

Felix is a manslut and he just does not care, he doesn’t pretend to be something he is not. He has been lusting af
Pjm12
Jan 07, 2013 Pjm12 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A shot, but satisfying story. Felix is wicked yet honest and Andrew is his perfect complement - reserved yet curious and warm.

Great to read about arty types. Wished it had been longer really.

Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5-4*
The blurb sums it up pretty well. I didn't think i was going to like Felix very much, but he grew on me and by the end I was cheering the boys on and smiling!
Sunny
Sweet, funny, naughty...adorable :)
  • Academic Pursuits
  • Calling the Show
  • Too Stupid to Live (Romancelandia, #1)
  • Country Mouse (Country Mouse, #1)
  • Life, Over Easy (Fragments, #1)
  • Winter Warmers
  • The Party Boy's Guide to Dating a Geek (Clumsy Cupid Guidebooks, #1)
  • Hard Tail
  • College Boys (Men of Holsum College, #1)
  • Josh of the Damned Triple Feature #1 (Josh of the Damned, #3)
  • Something Different
  • Worth Waiting For (FIT Guys, #1)
  • Mark Cooper versus America (Prescott College, #1)
  • At Piper's Point
  • Under Pretenses
  • Moving in Rhythm
English through and through, Josephine Myles is addicted to tea and busy cultivating a reputation for eccentricity. She writes gay erotica and romance, but finds the erotica keeps cuddling up to the romance, and the romance keeps corrupting the erotica. She blames her rebellious muse but he never listens to her anyway, no matter how much she threatens him with a big stick. She's beginning to ...more
More about Josephine Myles...

Tailor Made (2 books)
  • Custom Fit (Tailor Made, #2)