Start by marking “Take Me To Your Reader: An Otherworld Anthology” as Want to Read:
Take Me To Your Reader: An Otherworld Anthology

Take Me To Your Reader: An Otherworld Anthology

Eight Bestselling Authors Come Together To Bring You An Out Of This World Collection…

The two most powerful questions in the universe are "What if" and "Why not." The best-selling and talented authors who contributed to "Take Me To Your Reader" let those questions guide them when they composed these original and never-before-published stories that combine the most exquisit
Kindle Edition
Published February 9th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Take Me To Your Reader, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Take Me To Your Reader

Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
"The Divided" by Amy Bartol (Premonition Series. 'Under Different Stars')

Merciful Aliens! Never before having read one of Bartol's books, I wasn't sure what to expect. Instantly I was enamored with her storyline and what was going on with Violet. Violet is obviously troubled by the death of her finance but is no way prepared for what she finds proceeding his death. The story is genius and one of a kind. I wholeheartedly loved it!! Only problem I had was the story ended. :(

"Monsters of Earth
Take Me Away To A Great Read
Aug 21, 2014 Take Me Away To A Great Read rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

This is an awesome Alien Collection of 8 Short Stories from this Take Me To Your Reader An Otherworld Anthology. This book was so perfect for my blogs August Alien Invasion Month! This Anthology summed up UtopYA 2014 perfectly, and it was so great meeting all these amazing authors!`

The Divided by Amy Bartol - 5 Stars

Great short story! I hope Amy does more with this story line, and does either a prequel on Matt and how he came into his position as a leader, how him and Vi meet each other
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
Take Me To Your Reader is an anthology put together in honor of the 2014 UtopYA convention. The theme of the convention and the anthology being aliens and outerspace. I read this before my trip and I’m glad I did, because I found new authors just in time to have a chat with them and download a few of their books onto my kindle.

The Divided – Amy Bartol

This was really interesting! I loved the unique feel of the aliens involved and how there was an easy to understand complexity to their nature. It’
Meowzilla Y
Feb 18, 2014 Meowzilla Y rated it really liked it
I got the book because of Amy Bartol and her story was awesome as expected! I loved the story by Raine Thomas as well and I gave the book 4 stars because of these 2 stories otherwise the other stories are kind of forgettable and it would have only gotten 3 stars :/
Paula
Feb 17, 2014 Paula rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-reading
An amazing book of short stories by my favorite authors! So good, you'll be craving more and praying for 8 new series to extend these stories.
Sarah Fairbairn
Feb 20, 2014 Sarah Fairbairn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: want-to-re-read
And I loved Loved LOVED this book. I really enjoyed this book as a whole and I can see myself reading its stories again and again. I will definitely be looking up some of the authors other works.

As there is eight stories I’m only going to write brief comments on each one.

"The Divided" by Amy Bartol
I wanted this story to keep going. I could read a whole novel about Vi, Mattie, So-wah and Clyde, in fact I’d really like to. In this brief snapshot of the characters’ lives we get intergalactic roman
Crystal
Feb 25, 2015 Crystal rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Only bought this for the last story in the book by Raine Thomas (as it was the prequel to her new books) and I was unable to get it any other way. It was really good and got me super excited for her series, but it seemed rather short. Although it was a prequel and combined in a book with a large number of other stories so I shouldn't be too surprised, and I bought book 1 and 2 shortly after reading this one so it wasn't too bad. As I haven't read any of the other stories, do not take it to mean ...more
Michelle
Aug 16, 2016 Michelle rated it really liked it
3-1/2 Stars. This is a book of short sci-fi stories. What I like is that it's a compilation of 8 different authors, so you get a sampling of each writer's style, which is great because I was curious about some of them. I thought that there were a few really good shorts, but some I really didn't care for. A couple were cliff-hangers which eh, imo was kind of sucky because as far as I know, there's no intention to continue any of these stories, so I was left with the feeling like I read half a ...more
Gwen E
Apr 13, 2014 Gwen E rated it it was amazing
This collection of stories is sooo good. Love these authors. Got to read some authors I hdn't tried yet and found some new stories to love. After I would read a story from a new author, I would stop the book to see what else they had written. To be impressed from a collection of short stories to try new authors is a joy to both the reader and the author. I did originally buy this book just for Amy Bartol, but I feel in love with some new authors and their characters, such as Raine Thomas, Sarah ...more
Anya
Mar 09, 2014 Anya added it
I only read Monsters of Earth by Tammy Blackwell, so I don't want to rate the whole anthology, but I really enjoyed that short that I did read! It is very very short, but had me crying by the end anyway. I am now desperately hoping that Miss Tammy will be writing a longer story set in the same universe since the hints that we got were so intriguing. The quality of the copy I read was flawless and highly recommended!
Amanda Johnson
Jun 11, 2014 Amanda Johnson rated it liked it
3 stars, only because I wanted more! This was the first anthology I've read and have decided that I prefer a long series to short stories. That being said, I adore Amy A. Bartol and bought this book simply because she had a story in it. Loved her story but also would have liked it to be, at least, a full length novel, if not a series (after Iniquity and Sea of Stars comes out of course). (:
Kelly
Apr 24, 2015 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Some of my favorite authors wrote these stories. I liked some more than others, but they were all great. Each story is unique and well written. Many of their stories left me wanting more. I can hope that some of the authors make a new series out of them. That would be incredible.
Seeing Double in Neverland
Jan 02, 2015 Seeing Double in Neverland rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this Anthology! There were some authors that I had never read before that I feel in love with there writing through this book.

Check out my review at: http://seeingdoubleinneverland.blogsp...
Melissa Gouveia
Feb 15, 2014 Melissa Gouveia rated it it was amazing
This was a really fun read. It's a collection of short stories about aliens. They're all so creatively written.
Brittany
Aug 11, 2015 Brittany rated it it was amazing
The Divided by Amy Bartol was FANTASTIC. I'll be reading the other stories in this anthology ASAP, but I'm absolutely in love with this one! I cried, I swooned, I'm dying for more. Love her.
Holly
Feb 19, 2014 Holly rated it really liked it
5 Stars For Amy's short story, now I want a full blown book for Viv and Mattie! Ahhh you are too talented Amy Bartol!
Vickie
Aug 08, 2014 Vickie rated it liked it
It helped me discover a couple of new authors, but there wasn't any one story that completely grabbed my attention. I got it because of Amy Bartol and hers was my favorite short story.
janet
janet rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Lindsay
Lindsay rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2015
Ally DeJohn
Ally DeJohn rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2015
Michaela Foote
Michaela Foote rated it really liked it
May 23, 2014
Alexis Sandoval
Alexis Sandoval rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2015
Bambi Oberer
Bambi Oberer rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2014
Carla
Carla rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2015
Katie J
Katie J rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2014
Sally Evans
Sally Evans rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
Ewelina
Ewelina rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2016
Sara
Sara rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2014
Michele
Michele rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2014
Jennifer Holman
Jennifer Holman rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Darkest Worlds: A Dystopian Anthology
  • Severed (Starwalkers Serial #1)
  • Darlings of Paranormal Romance
  • Return of the Ascendant (Ascendant, #1)
  • The Earl in My Bed (Forgotten Princesses, #2.5)
  • Sea of Stars (Kricket, #2)
  • The Other Side Of Gravity (Oxygen #1)
  • End: An Apocalyptic Anthology
  • A Moment on the Lips (The Reluctant Succubus, #1)
  • Fallen (Debt Collector, #6)
  • Earth (The Invasion Trilogy #1)
  • Halloween in Atlantis (Warriors of Poseidon, #8.5)
  • Odium 1.5 (The Dead Saga, #1.5)
  • Darlings of Decay
  • Repressed (Arelia LaRue, #6)
  • At Hell's Gates
  • Bailing Out into the Dead (The Famished Trilogy 0.5)
  • Enchanted (Guardian Academy, #3)
Reader. Librarian. Writer. Whedon fan.
More about Tammy Blackwell...