Start by marking “Silent Night” as Want to Read:
Silent Night

Silent Night

Christmas, Tennessee, is a town where no one locks their doors and the worst crime is a stolen bicycle. Until the night blood is found . . . but there's no body.

Police Chief Tucker Ambrose hopes it's just a prank, but his years as a cop in Chicago tell him different. Then a body is discovered in the middle of the woods, staged with a bible, a crucifix, and a rosary . . . a
Published October 28th 2014 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Silent Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silent Night

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

4 chilling, thrilling, whodunnit stars!

Silent Night isn't my usual type of read, but I'm so glad I decided to give it a go. It's an intense, gruesome, psychological thriller, one that kept me guessing and turning the pages into the wee hours of the morning.

Description...

Police Chief Tucker Ambrose hopes it's just a prank, but his years a
Rebecca McNutt
This book was intense, but it was difficult to connect to the characters. At the same time, the author's way of writing of a quaint little neighbourhood suddenly shattered by mayhem and tragedy, was very creative.
Kimberly
Nov 19, 2014 Kimberly rated it really liked it
Unexplained blood patterns in the snow, a missing teen, and a body found in the woods with a crucifix, rosary and bible. Something sinister has come to Christmas, Tennessee. I love a good serial murder and this case was an interesting one.

Police Chief Tucker Ambrose left the hustle and bustle of Chicago for the quieter life in Christmas where missing bikes and mischievous pranks are the most pressing cases. I liked Tucker; he was open minded, but thought things out for himself and was not averse
Linda Strong
Aug 17, 2015 Linda Strong rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
Christmas, Tennessee brings to mind year-long snow, Santa Claus, fir trees decorated with lights and ornaments. And that's mostly right .. except THIS Christmas, Tennessee also has a serial killer.

Miranda has followed the killer from Dayton, Ohio. The Rosary Killer brutally murdered three men and then disappeared. Miranda knows who it was .. but she couldn't convince the detectives of his guilt.

Miranda has a secret ... no one knows who she really is, not even the sheriff. A teenage boy has disa
Ann  Lorz
This is a fact paced, heart pounding story. Page after page you'll find yourself drawn into the story. At times your not sure if Miranda is just a little off her rocker, or if she's the only one with a brain. Soon she has Tucker if not on her side, at least willing to look into her claims. A must read.
Between My BookEndz
Jan 26, 2015 Between My BookEndz rated it it was amazing
I believe this is a debut novel from this author...and it is a knockout! I will not repeat the summary - suffice to say this is one very suspenseful read! A word of warning though; the murder scenes are quite graphic, which does not bother me but may bother some. Excellent writing, with a unique plot and an ending I couldn't guess! Despite the gore, it had the happy ending I always crave, but its a twisted ride to get there. Can't wait for the next book by this new author!
Shirley Alvarez
Mar 24, 2015 Shirley Alvarez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SILENT NIGHT

This was my first time reading this author but it will not be my last. I have found a new author for my books. This was a suspenseful thriller with much heart. I recommend you read.
Darla McKay
Mar 16, 2015 Darla McKay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book

Very interesting book. This book kept my attention. Very hard to put down. Love romantic mysteries that keep you in suspense until the end. I would refer this to anyone.
Anita
For a debut novel, Silent Night was a fairly enjoyable read. The introduction was strong and the murder mystery had a rather promising start. I've got my quibbles here and there, but for the most part, I found the story decently executed with enough of an entertainment factor to keep me interested.

There were points where I found some of the progression tedious, but for the most part, the book was quite enjoyable.

The Story in Brief:
Blood is found in the snow, but there is no body. A young teenage
Debbie Oxier
Jun 16, 2015 Debbie Oxier rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic debut, kept me reading, didn't want to put it down. When it first started, Miranda seemed rather annoying. She was keeping her true identity hidden from Tucker, the local sheriff. He was frustrated with her and I have to admit, I was too. As the story progressed, I learned her brother was in prison, convicted of a crime he didn't commit. At least that's what Miranda believed. Until being wrongly accused of being The Rosary Killer, he'd been an attorney, an upstanding member ...more
Stormi (Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my!)
Silent Night is set in a Christmas setting in a small town called Christmas. It’s Christmas all year round in this small town and they have never had anything like this happen in their happy little town. It starts out with a crime scene of a little blood and a missing teen. Then a body is found but it’s not the teen, but an adult male and there are rosary beads and a bible at the crime scene.

Chief Tucker isn’t just a small town policemen he has seen his share of violence as he use to work in Chi
Pansy
Oct 05, 2014 Pansy rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars out of 5!
I do love a good murder mystery and this one did not disappoint. It kept me clued to my e-reader from beginning to end. I couldn’t put it down or flip the pages fast enough!

Really, who expects to have murder happen in a town called Christmas, Tennessee? Certainly not the good citizens of Christmas. It actually sounded like a fun place to visit, although, I am not so sure I would want to visit during the Holiday season. As can be expected, this town goes all out for the holida
Stephanie  G
Nov 07, 2014 Stephanie G rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

This steady to fast paced plot keeps readers on the edge of their seat with lots of suspense, excitement and romance. The author brings the story to life with well written scenes and details that capture the imagination and the w
Joanne
Jan 31, 2015 Joanne rated it really liked it
This was a great read, and I'll be looking for more of this author's books!

Miranda Harley, a nurse, has come to the town of Christmas to try and track down the killer that framed her little brother, who is currently serving in prison. Renting a small cabin with her meager funds, she is unnerved to find that her handsome new landlord, Tucker Ambrose, just happens to be the chief of police in the town. After having her suspicions of who the real serial killer is summarily dismissed by the detecti
Eva Millien
Mar 31, 2015 Eva Millien rated it it was amazing
Miranda Harley is tracking a serial killer, determined to gather the evidence needed to convict him trouble is no one believes her not even the sexy police chief, Tucker but then she gets caught in the psychopath’s crosshairs in this thrilling romantic suspense. The reader can’t help but get caught up in all the excitement and spine tingling anticipation as the story progresses. The author keeps the readers guessing with surprising twists and turns, the characters are easily understood and the ...more
Books and Spoons
Nov 07, 2014 Books and Spoons rated it it was amazing
Originally published at booksandspoons.weebly.com/book-blog
Thrilling whodunit novel with gory violence, hair-raising crimes, and a gripping storyline.
I got addicted to the tale from the prologue, and the story kept my interest till the end. Not to reveal too much to avoid spoilers, but the mystery, suspense is intensified, so that the tension builds with each chapter, making it riveting!
The romance and attraction between Tucker and Miranda builds despite the fact that they have so many odds aga
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Awesome read! Excitement around every corner. Tucker and Miranda not only make a great professional, but a personal couple that just seems to fit perfectly. The storyline is just exciting and very scary at the same time. I am hoping this author has a new release very soon that will be just as thrilling! Kudos on a great book Ms. Kyle.
Matilda
Reviewer for Coffee Time Romance & More

Official Review @ Coffee Time Romance & More
Susan Marie Anderson
Loved everything about this book

This was everything I love in a romantic suspense. It kept me guessing through the entire book. The characters were interesting and believable. The romantic part was suspenseful and wasn't a cheesy obvious sexual detail story. I found myself on the edge of my seat a few times. The villain was not obvious and it was a nice change from flipping back and forth to the killers inner thoughts and plots. Have to shop now for another of this author's books!
Jan 10, 2015 Sarah rated it really liked it
This was a pretty good book. It was a bit slow moving in my personal opinion. Knowing who the killer was throughout the book I felt the speed could have picked up a bit in parts but I am one of those people who like fast moving books when you pretty much know who the doer is. Overall it is a book worth reading.
Jillian Haro
Jan 30, 2016 Jillian Haro rated it really liked it
I first saw this book on a shelf at the bookstore of my university. I had nothing to read and so I picked it up and went for it. It's actually pretty good. Some things seem a bit repetitive with the main character. The love story is not so great, but the suspense is.
Navarra
Jan 30, 2015 Navarra rated it it was ok
Meh. Very predictable. I figured out the killer as soon as appeared in narrative, not for reasons most would guess. The writing wasn't too bad until you got to the sex scenes. They were eye-rollingly bad (not even smirk-worthy). Not the worst, but there is much better out there.
Christina Thompson
Captivating book, I enjoyed that there was only a little bit of romantic interest rather than something that overwhelmed the entire story line. Quick read, would recommend
Angel Nicholas
Jan 22, 2015 Angel Nicholas rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read that kept me glued to the pages from beginning to end! I can't wait for more from this talented author!
Valerie Pickford
Reasonable

Okay story line. Have read better. Did not have me sitting on the edge of my seat and no suspense.
Mel
Oct 30, 2014 Mel rated it liked it
Good read for sure - an entertaining page turner but it was predictable by half way I thought. Would recommend though
Eileen Dilbeck
This is the first book by C.J. Kyle that I've read and I enjoyed it! I'll definitely be looking for more!!!
Amy
Jul 06, 2015 Amy rated it really liked it
There were a lot of red herrings with this one. I really thought I had it pegged towards the beginning, but Kyle switched things up at the end.
eileen m hathaway
Good read

Great plot with good twists and turns. A page Turner that is hard to put down. Author knows how to keep you guessing
wayne roig
Jan 24, 2015 wayne roig rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book

Had a good story and kept the pages turning. Would recommend for sure. I hate reading a book and feeling unsatisfied but not this time.
Catherine Michele
Nov 08, 2014 Catherine Michele rated it it was amazing
This story had me laughing, crying, and kept me turning the pages. The only thing that would make this book better would be to know there was a sequel in the writing. LOVED the book!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Sweet Cowboy Christmas (Sweet, Texas, #3.5)
  • Sleigh Bells in Valentine Valley (Valentine Valley, #5)
  • The Night Belongs to Fireman (The Bachelor Firemen of San Gabriel, #6)
  • In His Sights (Sugarland Blue, #3)
  • Confessions of a Secret Admirer: A Valentine's Day Anthology
  • When Love Happens (Ribbon Ridge, #3)
  • Shattered (LOST, #3)
  • Exit Strategy (EXIT Inc., #1)
  • Beauty & the Biker (Impossible Dream, #1)
  • The Christmas Cookie Collection (Twilight, Texas, #4.1)
  • The Groom Wore Plaid (Highland Weddings, #2)
  • The Toy Taker (D.I. Sean Corrigan, #3)
  • The Trouble with Christmas (Christmas, Colorado, #1)
  • Christmas in Transylvania (Deadly Angels, #4.5)
  • The Green-Eyed Doll