Start by marking “All American Wolf” as Want to Read:
All American Wolf

All American Wolf

When a dead, naked body is found frozen in the snow, recently promoted Detective Serena Daniels is assigned to the case. Determined to be taken seriously, she sets to work unraveling the mystery, one suspect at a time.

Brody Sullivan is a man with many secrets and he also just happens to be Madison County's newest citizen. So when he ends up on the list of potential suspec
Published February 7th 2014 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about All American Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All American Wolf

Dee
Romantic thriller is how I would describe this novella. Although a short read this was action packed and had me on the edge of my seat!

Serena had a gruesome unexplainable murder in her town, an incredibly handsome one night stand which turned into multiple nights *eye waggle*, and an unexplainable attraction to a possible ally who could help her solve the case, if she could manage to keep her thoughts off of bedding him. I know right! Girls got issues!

Brody and Wes are the aforementioned men in
Cassandra
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!
***Received the ebook from Michelle Fox & Fido Publishing

Okay, I read this book as part of the Fated Mates: The Alpha Shifter Boxed Set, and it is the first book. I saw this book on its own when it was on sale for 99 cents, and now I realize I was an idiot for now buying it. Awesome is all I can say!!

The cover is sexy and awesome :) Love looking at it with that sexy smirking bad boy :)

This story has so much action with a murder mystery and sex
Elisa Bookaholic
Wow, this is a mystery that kept me guessing. I've not read anything by Adriana before so I am very excited to have discovered a new author whose writing I enjoy this much! The story started a bit slow but it picked up quickly. This is really different from the usual werewolf stories that I have read and I can see it becoming a series. I'm giving it 5 stars because I just liked it that much.

I read this in the 'Fated Mates' set of books which I was given in exchange for an honest review.
Kori
Aug 25, 2016 Kori rated it really liked it
What would you do if your one night stand ended up a suspect for a murder and possibly some kind of supernatural being? Well Serena would have to figure this little problem out in this book.

Now if your are looking for the relationship developing romance this is not the book for you. This is more of a mystery detective book with some supernatural thrown in. It's a really good mystery though.I continually went back and forth on who the murderer was in this book and didn't know for sure until righ
Solmarie
Mar 06, 2014 Solmarie rated it really liked it
Sexy Wolves

Detective Serena Daniels has her hands full. Being the only female lead detective in a male oriented environment is stressful enough before adding in naked dead bodies.

Brody Sullivan is a wolf shifter with secrets. When he and Serena meet they are instantly attracted to each other. The only problem is that he is a suspect for the murders she is investigating.

Against her better judgement Serena allows herself to fall for Brody but complications arise in the form of a bounty hunter ch
Donna Hokanson
Apr 01, 2014 Donna Hokanson rated it it was amazing
Love, Mystery , Intrigue and a Hot Shifter

Well written story that kept my interest throughout the entire book. I love the mystery involved and the who's done it. Serena is great lead female Detective for this story. A steamy shifter romance and a murder mystery all in one. Another great job of writing by the author. As always with Adriana Hunter it was entertaining and extremely enjoyable to read. Never a dull moment. This is the first in the Fated Mates (Alpha Shifter Box Set) but is also a ind
Kathy
Mar 13, 2014 Kathy rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read of Adriana Hunter and it will most definitely not be my last! I thoroughly enjoyed this paranormal romantic suspense! Serena and Brody's story was unique, mysterious, adventurous and oh so HOT HOT HOT to say the least! I highly recommend this book!
Katie
I read this book as part of the Fated Mates: The Alpha Shifter Boxed Set of which I received an ARC via NetGalley.
Laura Greenwood
Nov 18, 2014 Laura Greenwood rated it really liked it
Review forthcoming on http://a-reader-lives-a-thousand-live...

I received a copy of All American Wolf from Netgalley in exchange for my review as a part of the Fated Mates box set.

Serena acts out of character when she takes Brody back to her home after a night drinking, but when she wakes she finds herself instantly distracted by the discovery of a dead body. Throwing herself into the case along with her partner, Mike, she meets Wes Callahan, who introduces her to the idea that a shifter may be g
Jennifer Hines
Mar 23, 2014 Jennifer Hines rated it really liked it
Serena is a female detective on a predominantly male force. Because of that she's used to appearing harder than she is, but when two new visitors show up in town and wreak havoc on her emotions and body she doesn't know what to do or who to trust.

After the discovery of a dead body Wes, a supposed tracker, shows up in Serena's office offering up all the details she needs to help solve the case. And of course he's sexy with a persuasiveness about him that makes her want to let him help her catch t
Kelly
Mar 19, 2014 Kelly rated it really liked it
Overall, I liked this book. However, it did have a couple of interactions in it that bordered on rape and those weren't my favorite. On one hand, I was uncomfortable. On the other, what Serena went through WAS uncomfortable, especially as she came to understand what had happened and why she'd acted the way she acted, so that worked.

Still, rapey scenes aren't really my cup of tea.

BUT... hot werewolves who woo their lady friends with long looks and by saving their frozen booty ARE my cup of tea. S
Jossie Solheim
Apr 27, 2014 Jossie Solheim rated it it was ok
I struggled with this book. In the beginning I was inclined towards liking it, but then small things started to bug me. Firstly the love triangle and sex scenes. It seemed as if the story became less about the case and more about how many times she could cop off with the two shifters in the story. It plays around a whole mind control thing but still, the whole thing just made Serena less and less likeable to me, not that I really felt any strong connection to her in the first place. Which leads ...more
Mspraise50
Apr 07, 2014 Mspraise50 rated it really liked it
This story had murder, mystery, intrigue and is a romantic suspense thriller. The story was engrossing and a page turner. Detective Serena Daniels is the lead on the murder case, she is bright, a hard worker and determined to solve this case. Serena becomes involved with Brody Sullivan the main suspect in the murder (before she knew he was a suspect) and at the same time she has an interlude with Wes an apparent outside professional interested in the case also.

This was a great story however, I d
James
Jul 29, 2016 James rated it really liked it
In "All American Wolf" we meet Serena, a detective that is assigned to a peculiar and shocking murder case. To her surprise her path crosses with, Brody Sullivan, a man who was meant to be a one night stand, but ends up knowing more about the case then he should. As the sparks that had led to that one extraordinary night reignite, Serena must work to solve the case, not only to catch the killer, but to clear the name of the man she's falling for,

This has a little of everything. It has steamy sce
Ruthie Taylor
Feb 24, 2014 Ruthie Taylor rated it really liked it
This book delivers a romantic murder mystery with a shifter twist. It is well written, and suspenseful enough that I had to stop reading a couple of times to breathe deeply before diving back in for more. The characters were well described, and the relationships were cleverly developed. A very good read.

Wicked Reads Review Team
Sweets Books
Feb 29, 2016 Sweets Books rated it really liked it
This is a murder mystery that had a lot of twist in it. You have a wolf who is hunting other wolves. You have human detectives trying to solve murders that don't look like random animal attacks. You have a wolf on the run from another for a power play. The romance is slow to build but once it does it gives a good addition to the book.

I liked the story. It wasn't hard to follow and wasn't really bad on the gory details. It was pleasant

Till next time ~ Sweets Books

(written by Lisa ~ Sweets Books
Lisa
May 01, 2014 Lisa rated it really liked it

Natasha
Mar 13, 2014 Natasha rated it really liked it
I found The All American Werewolf a wonderful book to read. Serena is a detective in Wisconsin trying to find a killer of an college student. Brody is a sexy shifter that she meets at a dinner one night and has a fling with. The author brought this story together with drama and suspense that was very interesting. There's a lot of twist in turns in this book that I found very creative.
Jessica
Jul 29, 2016 Jessica rated it really liked it
This is the first book by this author that I've read and I will definitely be looking her up. I enjoyed the mystery and suspense just as much as the romance. I found a couple of grammatical errors but nothing that took away from the story. I would recommend this read to my fellow paranormal romance readers.
Nicole
Nov 10, 2014 Nicole rated it it was ok
Book Junky Girls
Feb 27, 2014 Book Junky Girls rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

Serena is the lead detective on a case that get stranger and stranger by the day. A naked frozen body shaken to death , wolf prints that are too big for their own good, and evidence that runs in circles. Not to mention that the man she slept with just days prior is the main suspect according to a tracker who comes in with wild stories and an addictive personality she can't seem to ignore. Will she solve this case or will things get out of hand before everything comes to a head?

Serena as
Adrienne
This was a rather good book it was great in fact right up until the very ill advised and more than rushed ending. It was terrible. The whole story and the universe Adriana Hunter created was interesting and really well developed. I was impressed with it being included in the Fated Mates Bundle on Amazon I thought that it would conclude with a cliffhanger as most of them do but this one was complete. However, the ending left so much to be desired. It was so quickly wrapped up in a very generic ...more
Julissa
Apr 21, 2014 Julissa rated it liked it
I read this as a part of the fated mates box set via Netgalley. WARNING: This review contains some spoilers
Detective Serena Daniels has a murder case to solve. A dead man in the middle of a frozen lake in Wisconsin. At first sight it seems open and shut, an animal attack. But soon a stranger ( Wes Callahan) comes in with accusations that this was a shifter attack. And that shifter is non other than handsome Brody Sullivan who'd she just had a one night stand with days before. It was a pretty fa
Crystal Wright
Apr 07, 2014 Crystal Wright rated it really liked it
Sitting down for a burger and a brew at her favorite little bar after a long day on the job detective Serena gets more satisfaction than she was expecting when she leaves with Brody Sullivan, the hot stranger at the bar. However, a one night stand doesn't really make up for the helluva day she has the next day when the frozen body of a murder victim is found on the lake the next day. Her biggest suspect is someone she doesn't want to have to suspect.

I bought this book as part of the Fated Mates
Melody
Jul 09, 2014 Melody rated it it was ok
There is a serial killer on the loose. Thr heroine is the police detective in charge of the case. She doesn't actually do any detective work because she is too busy sleeping with both suspects. Thank goodness she has a good team though. With the information her team finds and the information she covers up she finally solves the case. She is an unprofessional, incompetent and a slut. It is no wonder everyone thinks she slept her way into her job. That seems to be her only skill. I give this 2 1/2 ...more
Mary
Sep 12, 2016 Mary rated it really liked it
Shelves: wicked
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This is not your average shifter romance. I was hooked from page 1 and really enjoyed the twists and turns of the story.

If you are looking for a romance, with shifters, mystery and intrigue, I would recommend giving this book a try.

Wicked Reads Review Team
Gardavson
Mar 21, 2014 Gardavson rated it really liked it
Nice novella. It was very...unexpected. By that, I mean that a lot of nuances about the book were quite different than what you typically read. It's difficult to explain without spoilers. The characters. At first I thought, wow, is she a slut or what? Then I caught on to what was happening. I'm glad the author left that to the reader to figure out. But then, the er, romance, was hotter with the one you wouldn't expect. I didn't connect enormously with the characters, but I still enjoyed them.
Samantha
May 06, 2014 Samantha rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-books
I enjoyed this book. It was more romantic thriller in it's own way. Serena is a police officer who has a one night stand who ends up being the lead suspect in the murder case she is working.

During her case she meets Wes who keeps pulling her to him. While she battles her feelings for Wes and Brody, she's working her butt off to solve the mystery of the murdered naked man left on the frozen lake.

All American Wolf was an interesting book, and it was good.
Amy
Mar 25, 2014 Amy rated it it was ok
Read this as part of the 'Fated Mates' box set. I really wanted to like this, but there was too many things that jarred me out of how story. Insta-love along with time jumps that pulled me out of the flow of the story, and moments when the reader was obviously supposed to get something the author didn't include. It was ok.
Holly
Feb 25, 2014 Holly rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle, paranormal, m-f
Couldn't connect with any of these characters. The heroine was a little TSTL with the way she kept her partner out of the loop (I wanted to shout "aren't you trying to solve a crime? well, then, use all your resources, woman! you are not an island!" - it all seemed so... immature - and I didn't think the sex scenes were all that well done. Could be a case of "just not my style."
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Furever After (Southern Shifters Kindle World)
  • Resisting the Cougar (Cascade Shifters, #2)
  • Beneath the Broken Moon: Part Two (Broken, #2)
  • Warrior (Wolves of Angels Rest, #4)
  • Becoming Blood (The Becoming, #3)
  • A Change to Bear (Last of the Shapeshifters, #1)
  • Witchy Wolf
  • Be Were (Southern Shifters, #5)
  • Wolver's Rescue (The Wolvers #6)
  • On The Edge (Jagged Lovers, #3)
  • Surrendered to the Pack (Wicked Wolf Shifters, #1)
  • Stefan (Le Beau Brothers #3)
  • Sarai's Fortune (Shadowcat Nation #2)
  • Loved by the Pack (The Wolfpack Trilogy, #3)
  • Sanctuary
  • Shifterella and the Billionaire Bear (The Shifter Princes, #1)
  • Shifting Fates: Uncaged (Urban Fantasy Shifter Romance, #2)
  • Finale (The Alpha's Captive, #7)
Adriana Hunter writes erotic romance with many of them featuring curvy heroines. She loves writing stories that involve powerful, dominant alpha males, romantic billionaires and sometimes even paranormal erotic romance that make for great bedtime stories ;)

Connect With Adriana on twitter, her website or on GoodReads:

Twitter: http://twitter.com/spicytales
Blog: http://www.AdrianaHunter.com
GoodReads:
More about Adriana Hunter...