Start by marking “Blurring the Lines (Invitation to Eden #14)” as Want to Read:
Blurring the Lines (Invitation to Eden #14)

Blurring the Lines (Invitation to Eden #14)

A year has passed since Gretchen lost her fiancé, but she still can’t sleep. Or paint. And her new home in New Orleans is either haunted or she’s finally going crazy.

Her bet is on the latter.

So when her best friend, Burke, offers to sweep her away to a private luxury island for a break, she can’t say no. Maybe if she can be someone else for a few days, the ghosts of the pa
ebook
Published August 12th 2014 by Invitation to Eden (first published August 4th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Blurring the Lines, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blurring the Lines

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
[image error]

BLURRING THE LINES is a step away from what I’m used to reading by Roni Loren. I was very excited to read it because of that. It’s always intriguing to see what an author will do when playing in a different genre. As with other short stories by Ms. Loren, she always manages to make me feel satisfied after reading them and BLURRING THE LINES was no exception.

Erica
Aug 19, 2014 Erica rated it really liked it

Oh Roni Loren, please just write, write, and write some more. I am loving seeing how each author portrays Island of Eden and how each story will play out. This was my favorite of the Invitation to Eden books yet. Burke and Gretchen were a great pair, and while I'm not sure they line up to some of my favorite characters from her other series, but it was still a great read.

BEST FRIENDS STORIES. They are the best. And Burke and Gretchen was a twist on the typical best friend to lovers stories. I en
D.L.
Aug 08, 2014 D.L. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: challenge-2014
Lisa Fenley
Oct 20, 2016 Lisa Fenley rated it it was amazing
Interesting short story set in the fictional vacation site known as Eden. Part of the Invitation to Eden anthology.
Love Roni Loren and this novella is a good one!
MsRomanticReads
*Purchased and read as part of THE BAD BOYS OF EDEN: Billionaires, Alphas, Bikers, and Doms Boxed Set.

Blurring the Lines by Roni Loren
Invitation to Eden #14
Read: March 16
Tags: Contemporary, PNR elements, Erotic Romance, M/F, Friends to Lovers, Ghosts
Length: 15 Chapters + Epilogue

Two people bound by a tragic loss. When Burke invites Gretchen to accompany him on a mini-vacation, the trip reveals more than just hidden feelings. The journey brings up a ghost from the past, literally. At the end, who
Under the Covers Book Blog
Oct 03, 2014 Under the Covers Book Blog rated it really liked it

BLURRING THE LINES is a step away from what I'm used to reading by Roni Loren. I was very excited to read it because of that. It's always intriguing to see what an author will do when playing in a different genre. As with other short stories by Ms. Loren, she always manages to make me feel satisfied after reading them and BLURRING THE LINES was no exception.

I admit I have not read any other Invitation to Eden stories, so I was going in blindly to learn about this island. The fact that this sto

Karen Wyle
Aug 11, 2014 Karen Wyle rated it really liked it
I've been following Roni Loren for some time, enjoying her books more in spite of than because of their usual sub-genre (BDSM erotic romance). A former social worker, Loren creates engaging and three-dimensional characters and delves into their problems and their pasts. Combining that sort of realism with the HEA of romance makes for an uplifting as well as an enjoyable reading experience.

This short novel is the third time Loren has ventured outside (if slightly outside) her usual subject matter
C
Sep 18, 2015 C rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Just like Roni hasn't written a ghost story book, i really never read a ghost story or paranormal story. I never thought they would interest me. But I love Roni Loren so I was going to read this book regardless of the story line. She has yet to disappoint me with her writing. I can be honest that I really enjoyed this story.

Without expectations set before reading, I did not know how a typical ghost story would play out. This one I enjoyed and kept the desire to continue and see where it lead. Th
Jodie Bivins
Dec 15, 2014 Jodie Bivins rated it it was amazing
Gretchen woke a year ago to find her fiancee' dead in the beside her.
Since then she feels as though there are ghosts around her all the
time. She is not sleeping well and when she does sleep she has begun
to sleep walk. When she was young she believed she could talk to
her dead father. Her Gran told her she had a gift but her mother
didn't believe and took her to doctors who then drugged her. Now
she hears noises in the house all the time and as she is alone she
begins to think maybe they are
Beverly Diehl
"The island knows what you need..." each novella by a different erotic romance writer, all set on Fantasy Island, er, Eden.

I'm a big fan of Roni Loren's work, although most of it is set in the BDSM world, and there's only so many floggers and nipple clamps I can handle, no matter how well-written. So I was excited to receive a free e-copy of this novella from the author in exchange for an honest review. Dove in right away.

However, I started trying to read it a few days after Robin Williams' suic
ButtonsMom2003
Dec 18, 2015 ButtonsMom2003 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Can be read as a stand-alone; no cliffhanger!

This is the first book I’ve read by Roni Loren that wasn’t a part of her Loving on the Edge series so I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect. There’s not as much heat in this story as in the LONTE ones, and there’s a bit of a paranormal twist to it, but I really liked this story a lot.

Friends to Lovers is one of my favorite romance tropes and this one is that kind of story with a twist; Burke is Gretchen’s best friend but he was also her fiancé’s brothe
Shirley Hunter
Sep 14, 2014 Shirley Hunter rated it it was amazing
Roni never disappoints and she doesn't in this book 5 stars
Gretchen has been friends with Burke a long time but its his brother Harris she agrees to marry and move to New York so when he dies she has to go back to New Orleans and a yr of greaving he tries to help but she can't get through it.
Burke gets another Invite to Eden this is the 3rd but he didn't take up the offer but now he thinks Gretchen could do with a change of scenery all doesn't go as planned.
Gretchen has a gift if she can only t
Jackie
Dec 31, 2015 Jackie rated it really liked it
It's short and really good. There are ghost, it's very sexy and an island that has magic.

Gretchen lost her fiancé and has been grieving his loss. Burke is her best friend and her fiancé's brother. Lias are uncovered and choices must be made.

A really cute story. I wanted a little bit of more emotion that would make me tear up but overall I enjoyed it. I would recommend it. This could be read in one sitting if you have the time.
Pearlie
Jun 13, 2015 Pearlie rated it it was amazing
I didn't think I was going to be happy with this book at first because the first few pages tugged my heartstrings when I imagined the loss of my own husband.. But it was so well written and the focus didn't stay on the loss, so I quickly got over it.. I really loved the ending to this book, it wrapped everything up nicely. I definitely recommend this as a read.
Jodi Cain
Mar 29, 2015 Jodi Cain rated it it was amazing
Burke & Gretchen had to go through a lot to be together. I was so happy she didn't pick Harris in Eden. I am just glad that her and Burke finally got what both of them deserve, and that was each other.
Nicole
Apr 01, 2015 Nicole rated it liked it
I like Loren's writing, but this contemporary story with the paranormal twist wasn't really my cuppa tea.
Hollie
May 13, 2015 Hollie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The beginning was a little boring and drug on, but the ending rocked. However, due to the beginning, I had to give it 3 stars.
Amalia Dillin
Sep 05, 2014 Amalia Dillin added it
Shelves: romantic
Short, sweet, and a little bit eerie -- definitely interesting to see Roni Loren writing something a little bit different! I think she did a great job tackling the paranormal romance.
Andria
Andria rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2014
Kiley Owens
Kiley Owens rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2015
Buffy Armstrong
Buffy Armstrong rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2014
Margi Dulzo bach
Margi Dulzo bach rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2015
Michelle Seaman
Michelle Seaman rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2014
That One Chick
That One Chick rated it really liked it
May 29, 2015
Jeananna
Jeananna rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2016
Sandi Ramirez
Sandi Ramirez rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2014
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2015
Leslie
Leslie rated it did not like it
Aug 13, 2014
Franciny Paciornick
Franciny Paciornick rated it did not like it
Sep 18, 2015
Lisa Starr
Lisa Starr rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • THE BAD BOYS OF EDEN: Billionaires, Alphas, Bikers, and Doms
  • Halloween Heat III
  • Flirting With Fate (Stiletto Girls, #2)
  • Breaking Free (Invitation to Eden #7)
  • Gabriel
  • Death's Redemption (Eternal Lovers, #2)
  • Naughty Tricks and Sinful Treats
  • Angels Crest
  • Garden of Sorrow (Psychic Visions, #4)
  • Hawk (Sons of Sangue, #2)
  • Rough Draft (Big Easy #4; Invitation to Eden #13)
  • Tease Me (Semper Fi Marines, #1)
  • Wicked Waves (Solsti Prophecy #2)
  • Taken by a Dragon (Eternal Mates, #7)
  • Hold Me Close (Purgatory Club, #6; Invitation to Eden, #8)
  • Save My Soul (Preternaturals, #2)
  • Reckless Weekend (Reckless Beat, #2.5)
  • Kiss Me Twice (Three Little Words, #2)
Roni wrote her first romance novel at age fifteen when she discovered writing about boys was way easier than actually talking to them. Since then, her flirting skills haven’t improved, but she likes to think her storytelling ability has. After earning a master’s degree in social work from LSU, she worked in a mental health hospital, counseled birthmothers as an adoption coordinator, and did ...more
More about Roni Loren...

Invitation to Eden (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Master of the Island (Invitation to Eden, #0.5)
  • Yours Truly, Taddy (The Undergrad Years, #2; Invitation to Eden, #1)
  • Random Acts of Fantasy (Random, #3; Invitation to Eden, #2)
  • Escape From Reality (Invitation to Eden #3)
  • Hydrotherapy (Ecstasy Spa #7; Invitation to Eden #4)
  • Fight For Me (Fight For, #1; Invitation to Eden, #5)
  • His Fair Lady (Soulmates, #0.5; Invitation to Eden, #6)
  • Breaking Free (Invitation to Eden #7)
  • Hold Me Close (Purgatory Club, #6; Invitation to Eden, #8)
  • Queen's Knight (Invitation to Eden #9)

“You wouldn’t be able to sleep through what I’d do to you.” 1 likes
“All that mattered right then was Burke’s mouth, the scent of the ocean, and the way every one of his touches brought me closer to some place I wasn’t sure I’d ever been.” 0 likes