Start by marking “365 Days of Wonder: Mr. Browne's Book of Precepts” as Want to Read:
365 Days of Wonder: Mr. Browne's Book of Precepts

365 Days of Wonder: Mr. Browne's Book of Precepts (Wonder Companion)

4.34  ·  Rating Details ·  5,101 Ratings  ·  628 Reviews
In the #1 New York Times bestselling novel Wonder, readers were introduced to memorable English teacher Mr. Browne and his love of precepts. Simply put, precepts are principles to live by, and Mr. Browne has compiled 365 of them—one for each day of the year—drawn from popular songs to children’s books to inscriptions on Egyptian tombstones to fortune cookies. His selection ...more
Published August 26th 2014 by Knopf Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about 365 Days of Wonder, please sign up.

Liz No one is really telling the story. It is a book of precepts or quotes for each day of the year, so there isn't really a storyline.
Ashley Au It is a little bit of both it has like 3 pages of precepts and the rest is all quotes

Natalie
Oct 19, 2016 Natalie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
description
I love quotes with a fiery passions, which is why I somehow always end up looking at the quotes on my Goodreads. I’m a quote collector.

As Cheryl Strayed wrote in Brave Enough:

“The best quotes don’t speak to one particular truth, but rather to universal truths that resonate—across time, culture, gender, generation, and situation—in our own hearts and minds.”

This book is a collection of precepts that Mr. Browne has gathered over the years along with some essays in which he touches upon the themes
Nowheregirl
Mar 13, 2014 Nowheregirl marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Remember this?
“MR. BROWNE'S SEPTEMBER PRECEPT:

WHEN GIVEN THE CHOICE BETWEEN BEING
RIGHT OR BEING KIND, CHOOSE KIND.”

yep, I cant wait for all 365 of them :)
Tran Thanh Tu
I smiled the whole way from the start of this book, it totally warmed my heart and made me believe in the goodness of humanity. Needless to say, if I could I would probably give this book 100 stars! No shite, Sherlock! :P

It all started from the very beginning of the book, I already knew that I would love this one as for the ideas of how it was written. Indeed, this is an undoubtedly unique and powerful collection of percepts and sayings of different authors chosen by fifth grade students (some o
Paige  Bookdragon
Sep 11, 2015 Paige Bookdragon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: inspiring, read-2015
I don't usually read self-help books because reasons, but I love Wonder so much and I was deeply touched by the precepts of Mr. Browne that I decided to give this one a go.

I was not disappointed. Here are my favorite precepts:

description

If you've got kids, I think this is a good book for them to read. They can just read one page a day and hopefully, the precept for the day would make those little muffins inspired.
Kai
Feb 07, 2016 Kai rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-buy, 2017
“I've learned that life is like a book. Sometimes we must close a chapter and begin the next one."

This is a cute and empowering collection of quotes, spiked with a few stories and details, that shed more light on the things that happened in WonderWonder. However, it feels like the author is milking her story to make more money. I mean, it's a standalone novel, right? An amazing one. The three short stories that followed Wonder and pictured the events that happened out somebody else's POV were pr
Julie
Sep 05, 2014 Julie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Blech, this made me want to puke all over Mr. Browne, but I will "choose kind" and give it two stars instead of one. In my opinion this book was ridiculous, and felt like the author was just riding the momentum of the Wonder gravy train all the way to the bank. Mr. Browne was annoying and too perfect. Every 5th grade kid corresponds with him in long, deep thinking letters? Don't think so. And he seemed to just be bragging about how powerful and inspired all of his ideas and lessons were. Also, t ...more
Carla Dente
Feb 24, 2015 Carla Dente rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4,5 :D ME ENCANTÓ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reseña: http://mimundoestaentuspaginas.blogsp...
E. Mellyberry
my tween son adores it, loves it, puts it on his bedside table, and reads it every night. he gets motivated reading this. whe he had a bad day at school, he would go home and curl up in his room reading this book. always this book.

i love this book too. it's crazy- crazy good.
Jenifer Jacobs
Oct 03, 2014 Jenifer Jacobs rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading with Max. Thinking of you Angela!!

Loved this book! Max and I had fantastic discussion about the precepts (and who wrote them!). I love Mr. Browne and wish he was a real teacher (although he reminds of many of my favorite real teachers!!!).
Tamara
I'm embarrassed to admit that, unlike my dear friend and teaching partner Debby, I didn't immediately recognize the transformative power of Wonder. I had to read it aloud to kids, and hear their reactions, before I began to get it. But really, it wasn't until my second year of reading it aloud (3rd reading) that I had my own 'aha' moment. With each rereading, Wonder filters deeper down into my soul.
So, I've been waiting excitedly for 365 Days of Wonder. And what a great resource for the classroo
Flor Méndez
Gracias a Penguin Random House por el ejemplar.

Reseña disponible en el blog desde el 4/3

Otro libro de esta autora que va directamente a mis favoritos. Es rápido y muy fluido, lleno de preceptos y frases que todos tendríamos que leer antes de salir a enfrentar al mundo cada mañana. Es prácticamente un canto al optimismo y a las buenas vibras. Es hermoso.

Lo empecé a la madrugada y lo terminé hace un ratito, y sólo porque tenía que dormir entre medio.

Precioso <3
Diogo Fonseca
Oct 19, 2014 Diogo Fonseca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sempre que eu fico sabendo que alguém leu Extraordinário eu fico muito feliz, e sempre que posso eu indico o livro.
Hoje eu tive a oportunidade de matar um pouco a saudade do livro lendo 365 dias extraordinário, que por mais que o foco não seja no Auggie me fez lembrar dele. Gostei muito de boa parte dos preceitos e a visão do Sr. Browne sobre os seus alunos e a educação.
Objetivo do livro e trazer um preceito por dia, mas eu achei melhor lê-lo em uma única sentada, até por que no final de cada
William
Nov 23, 2014 William rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
<3 <3 <3 my little brother gave this as a gift to me <3 <3 <3
P-the book nerd
One of the most unique books, I loved every quote and I read the whole thing with a huge smile on my face...
Josiah
Jan 01, 2015 Josiah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
First, a few of my favorite precepts from the book:

"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."

—Roald Dahl, January 2

"You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can be grateful because thorn bushes have roses."

—Ziggy (Tom Wilson), April 16

"You're never a loser until you quit trying."

—Mike Ditka, July 27

"If your ship doesn't com
Faizah Aulia R
suka. suka. suka. sukaaaaaaa bangeet.
Dari zaman baca Wonder, konsep precept nya Mr. Tushman tuh udah menarik banget hati buat diikutin, kalo jujur mah bahkan di setiap babnya ngarep ada bagian Mr. Tushman ngasih precept (ya ga mungkin sih, kan ceritanya ttg Auggie bukan Mr. Tushman wkwk).

Baca ini jadi tahu dari sudut pandang English Teacher nya Auggie, dan bacain email dari siswa saat summer holiday itu refreshing banget, polooss bgt, dan cerita2nya suka nyentuh hwhwhw.

suka banget konsep Mr. Tus
Tabitha Juarez
365 Days of wonder was a great book. This is the second book in the wonder series.I highly recccomend this book to anyone who likes books about poetry,The book was filled with great pieces of poetry i enjoyed.I hope you decided to read this amazing book.
Angela Juline
Oct 03, 2014 Angela Juline rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A book of precepts (perfect for moi, as I have been "collecting" quotes since I was 15), with some side commentary by Mr. Browne (Teacher from Wonder).
Kristen
Feb 28, 2017 Kristen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great little collection of precepts (quotes and words to live by) and also includes some great stories and anecdotes from Mr. Browne. I love that the quotes are from all over and include both historical and pop culture references.

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. --Anne Frank

Life is about using the whole box of crayons. --RuPaul

Some of the quotes are also ring true during this tumultuous time in our country.

We didn't all com
kaleigh
Mar 22, 2017 kaleigh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017, 5-stars
Oh how I adored this book. I loved reading all 365 precepts that were in this book and I loved getting to read the little essays written by Mr. Browne.

This book was a beautiful edition to the Wonder book and I'm so glad that I read it. As cheesy as it is my favorite precept from the book was definitely "When given the choice between being right or being kind, choose kind."

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY READ WONDER THEN GO READ IT ASAP BECAUSE IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE AND THEN READ 365 DAYS OF WONDER
ABO
Feb 13, 2015 ABO rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-books
review ini mungkin sedikit membocorkan plot dari buku Wonder, yang belum baca Wonder, maapkeun kalo spoiler x))

"My father's name was Thomas Browne. And his father's name was Thomas Browne. That's why my name is Thomas Browne."

Buku ini dibuat seakan-akan ditulis oleh guru Bahasa Inggris Auggie, Mr. Browne. Isinya berbagai quotes dari tokoh terkenal, maupun dari kiriman murid Mr. Browne, beberapa juga tidak diketahui sumbernya alias "unknown".

Total ada 365 quotes, satu di setiap harinya dalam seti
Francine Soleil
Aug 29, 2014 Francine Soleil rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book a few hours ago and went through it in one sitting. The book mostly comprises quotes, which made it quite a quick read. But since I breezed past through them, I will go back to this book in January since that's when the book starts. Or maybe I will open up a random page every now and then.

What I really liked about this book was how it was still connected to Wonder by showing the characters that we loved. If Mr. Browne were real, he would probably be my favorite teacher too. As
Happy Priya
Sep 17, 2016 Happy Priya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Basically, a book filled with quotes. But Auggie love, so 4 Stars.
Beatriz
Mar 19, 2015 Beatriz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading through the reviews for this book upset me, most are positive, however there were a handful of people being very cynical about a book intended for children. This is a companion novel for the hugely popular Wonder . This book is filled with precepts from Mr. Browne's "students" which were a big part of Wonder. The book also contains different anecdotes from Mr. Browne as well as email exchanges from students in the class. There are different themes, however the overarching message is "cho ...more
Irshad
Dec 28, 2015 Irshad rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is just an uplifting book.
It radiated so much positivity, which I needed.

365 Days of Wonder is a book that is more of an compilation of work by Mr. Browne, or more commonly known as Auggie's English teacher.
Mr. Browne has a precept for all of the days in a year and at the end of the month, he included either a personal message about his life or how the monthly precept has impacted his students.
I must say that this is absolutely genius!

I love how the precept actually meant something to hi
Manik Sukoco
Dec 24, 2015 Manik Sukoco rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is collection of precepts that were put together and most of them are very inspirational. The author cites the origin of the precepts, indicating its author and technically those precepts should be a collection received by a teacher named Mr. Browne from his students, as per his request as an assignment. The interesting fact is that after the school year was done, the students still kept sending precepts to Mr. Browne for years after leaving school. And the author shows in this new book som ...more
Grace
May 30, 2015 Grace rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Writing this book was risky. People could not have liked just reading quotes and people may not have liked Mr. Browne's stories, but honestly, I feel so different after reading this book (in a good way). I was very inspired. The letters by Mr. Browne were very nice and I liked looking a bit more into the characters. You get to find out more cool stories and fun things that were unexplained in wonder (E.g WHO TOLD ON JULIAN). I don't want to be a spoiler so I won't say who did it 0:

Overall, this
Helen Stower
Nov 09, 2014 Helen Stower rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: inspiration
R.J. Palacio's novel Wonder is one of those books that stay with you forever. It is on my list of books that every child should read or have read to them. This little companion book is a lovely collection of precepts - one for every day of the year. A precept is a maxim of great weight. If you have read Wonder then you'll know that Mr Browne, August's teacher, believes words can be very powerful and he challenges his students to collect and share precepts. This book shares some very beautiful pr ...more
Alex
Nov 27, 2014 Alex rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, just wow. It was such a simple book, BUT it was truly inspiring.

So, while reading Unbroken, it starts to get hard to read because you honestly can't believe it. How horrible and heartbreaking it is. I decided I need just a quick read that could get my mind off the REAL LIFE story of Louis Zamperini and just be inspired, not heart broken. After getting this book for Christmas, I was sure I could get through it within an hour, which I did.

Let me just say, these ARE words I will live by. Som
  • Plastic, Ahoy!: Investigating the Great Pacific Garbage Patch
  • Ivan: The Remarkable True Story of the Shopping Mall Gorilla
  • Dash (Dogs of World War II)
  • Aces Wild
  • Peace
  • The Map Trap
  • Chuck Close: Face Book
  • Egg: Nature's Perfect Package
  • Neighborhood Sharks: Hunting with the Great Whites of California's Farallon Islands
  • The 14 Fibs of Gregory K.
  • Life on Mars
  • Booked
  • A Summer of Sundays
  • Ava and Pip (Ava and Pip #1)
  • The Skull in the Rock: How a Scientist, a Boy, and Google Earth Opened a New Window on Human Origins
  • Ick! Yuck! Eew!: Our Gross American History
  • Honey
  • The Key to Extraordinary
R.J. Palacio lives in NYC with her husband, two sons, and two dogs. For more than twenty years, she was an art director and graphic designer, designing book jackets for other people while waiting for the perfect time in her life to start writing her own novel. But one day several years ago, a chance encounter with an extraordinary child in front of an ice cream store made R. J. realize that the pe ...more
More about R.J. Palacio...

Wonder (4 books)
  • Wonder
  • The Julian Chapter (Wonder Story)
  • Pluto: A Wonder Story
  • Shingaling: A Wonder Story

“We carry within us the wonders we seek around us.” 9 likes
“When it's dark, be the one who turns on the light.

—Joseph, Age 9, Brooklyn, New York, November 29”
4 likes