Start by marking “Isabella: Braveheart of France” as Want to Read:
Isabella: Braveheart of France

Isabella: Braveheart of France

She was taught to obey. Now she has learned to rebel.

12 year old Isabella, a French princess marries the King of England - only to discover he has a terrible secret. Ten long years later she is in utter despair - does she submit to a lifetime of solitude and a spiritual death - or seize her destiny and take the throne of England for herself?

Isabella is just twelve years
Published January 7th 2014 by Cool Gus Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Isabella, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Isabella

G Mcdaniel
Feb 13, 2015 G Mcdaniel rated it liked it
I enjoyed the book, however, I have read books about Isabella that were more engrossing. This one did not build the characters as well, but did give insight into the relationships between Edward II and the notorious patronage he lavished on Piers Gaveston during their controversial relationship. After the death Of Gaveston, Hugh Despenser the Younger took the place of Gaveston in Edward's affections and helped further the isolation of Isabella. Isabella's later affair with Roger Mortimer and the ...more
Mirella
Feb 16, 2016 Mirella rated it it was amazing
Queen Isabella of England was known as a she-Wolf. This was one queen who was beautiful, diplomatic, and smart! But she was also known to be ruthless, manipulative, and sometimes heartless.

Her father, King Philip IV of France schooled her politically and raised her to be wise and cautious. When she was twelve, he arranged for her to be married to England 19s King Edward II. She had no idea the trouble she would face during the years of her marriage.

First, there was internal conflict between the
Mom
Feb 16, 2015 Mom rated it really liked it
I enjoy historical fiction about the English

I liked that Queen Isabella had a core of steel, but was wise in the ways she revealed her strength and intelligence. She remained in the shadows, but still had great influence. I was sorry that such an exemplary woman was hindered by being married to King Edward, a man who preferred men and could never give Isabella the love for which she longed.
Bridgette Ward
Jan 26, 2016 Bridgette Ward rated it really liked it
Love period books

This book was very interesting, loved how it told the story of how the king was in love with a man. Never read a book that told a story of how kings in the dark ages liked boys. GREAT READ! Would have given five stars but the books should have been called Isabella: the dreamer of France. She dreamed of a loving life but what she got was a gay king with a sad ending.
Kellie Shulruff
Feb 08, 2015 Kellie Shulruff rated it it was amazing
This was a great book! Kept me wanting to keep reading and not put down.
Even the ending, with a little twist...was great!
I'll be trying more of Colin Falconer. I really like the way he writes.
There was a lot about the homosexual lifestyle..so at times, this was a bit much for me...but
the writing style kept me "in" til the end.
Tocci
Feb 28, 2015 Tocci rated it liked it
Historical Summary

It was though I was reading a summary of historical research in the guise of a biography. The chapters are a time line of a period in England. There are some efforts to make the players come alive, and so it is more enjoyable than reading straight historical documents. Fore the most part, I found the characters lack luster and without passion.
kristina doyle
Nov 14, 2014 kristina doyle rated it it was ok
Not bad but...well...

The flow of this book is choppy and I personally feel that Isabella is at times unrealistic but despite this I enjoyed this book. Not a repeat read but nice enough.
Julie
Mar 05, 2015 Julie rated it it was amazing
Wow, even a queen had it rough back then. It amazes me how little women were valued back then. Isabella proves to be tougher than most, although evidently a puppy is tougher than Edward according to this book
Gail Albertazzi
Jul 28, 2014 Gail Albertazzi rated it really liked it
Isabella

History, humanity and drama put together in an interesting and easy to follow novel.
I plan on reading more of her books.
Erika
Mar 20, 2014 Erika rated it really liked it
Good quick read

a lot of typos in this book, I could have done a better job editing. but aside from that a good read
Ashley Nudson
Aug 18, 2014 Ashley Nudson rated it it was amazing
Book

Book

very very good story unable to stop reading it love this author...Will read every book written by him..love his subjects in
Nanette Holmes
Nanette Holmes rated it liked it
Oct 20, 2015
Dana Callen
Dana Callen rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2014
Krista Cioffi
Krista Cioffi rated it really liked it
May 26, 2014
Lynn Laura
Lynn Laura rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2014
Louis Nuccio
Louis Nuccio rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2014
Andrea
Andrea rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
May 18, 2015
Bert Abbas
Bert Abbas rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2015
janice
janice rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2014
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2014
maxine newell
maxine newell rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2014
emily
emily rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2015
Kristen
Kristen rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2015
Meredith Brum-hollis
Meredith Brum-hollis rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2016
Cyn Carpenter
Cyn Carpenter rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2014
Mary Sue Irvine
Mary Sue Irvine rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2015
Naomi Woodard
Naomi Woodard rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2014
Bunnyh
Bunnyh rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2016
  • Isabel the Fair
  • Gilded Cages: The Trials of Eleanor of Aquitaine
  • White Heart
  • The Plantagenet Vendetta
  • Ceridwen of Kilton (Circle of Ceridwen Saga #2)
  • The Tribute Bride
  • Montfort: The Early Years -  1229 to 1243 (Monfort, #1)
  • Feathered Serpent: A Novel of the Mexican Conquest
  • The Flame of Resistance (The Lost King, #1)
  • The Retreat