Start by marking “Crushing Beauty: Harbingers of Sorrow MC (Vegas Titans, #1)” as Want to Read:
Crushing Beauty: Harbingers of Sorrow MC (Vegas Titans, #1)

Crushing Beauty: Harbingers of Sorrow MC (Vegas Titans #1)

3.48  ·  Rating Details ·  1,082 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews

They’ve been friends since they were small. They had two blissful years in high school. Both of them knew they’d be together forever—until one night changed everything. They were in his car. They crashed.

He left her there alone, broken, bleeding on the rain-soaked pavement and ne
Published February 5th 2014 by Hearts Collective Publishing (first published February 4th 2014)

Reaper's Property by Joanna WyldeMotorcycle Man by Kristen AshleyUndeniable by Madeline SheehanOwn the Wind by Kristen AshleyReaper's Legacy by Joanna Wylde
Bikers
491st out of 1,156 books — 2,426 voters
Reaper's Property by Joanna WyldeMotorcycle Man by Kristen AshleyUndeniable by Madeline SheehanReaper's Legacy by Joanna WyldeOwn the Wind by Kristen Ashley
Motorcycle MC
312th out of 423 books — 1,156 voters

More lists with this book...

Mariℓina
Feb 18, 2014 Mariℓina rated it liked it
3,5 Stars!!
It wasn't a masterpiece.. Actually it carried too many flaws but i liked the story nonetheless.. Oh well what can i say!!

It's certainly juvenile and amateur.. The writing has many issues.. The POV changes with no indication and it needs some editing.. BUT.. i liked the story and i enjoyed the idea behind the book..

Jagger is crazy, rough, jealous and his age doesn't match up with the position he holds on his MC.. He is so protective towards Britton and her family and mostly everyone we
JudyB
Erin
Feb 07, 2014 Erin rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF - Just can't do it. Interesting idea, but the writing is just awful. It switches points of view from H to h from one paragraph to another, feels like you are missing bits of the story, the story doesn't flow at all. I had high hopes for this one as the idea of the story was intriguing. I'm returning this for a refund.
Lorenza De
Feb 15, 2014 Lorenza De rated it did not like it
Ugh ... enough said

Although my heading says it all, I will explain for those who want more information.

CAUTION .... THIS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

First, the writing was horrible. POV changes from paragraph to paragraph, and in some instances, sentence to sentence. You would often have to re-read sentences to figure out who's POV you are reading. The same was true with a lot of the dialogue. The author never told you who was talking so you had to re-read an entire conversation over to understand it.
Linda Sims
Jun 22, 2014 Linda Sims rated it it was ok
DID NOT LIKE IT

It's difficult to write a review for this without giving spoilers. But I may have to give some so you may not want to read further if you don't want to know. What I will say first is, this is not well laid out. The POV switches constantly sometimes in the same paragraph and even in the same sentence. The plot has more holes than a string vest! The reader is supposed to believe that the heroine Britton has been sent undercover to infiltrate the Harbingers of Sorrow MC. Ten years ag
Tate
Feb 24, 2014 Tate rated it liked it
2.5
I don't know... it was awesome storey if you think about it...
badd ass FBI agent undercover

image:

and bad ass MC biker president..

image:

but at the end it wasn't what I expected to be...it was like missing something, wasn't fluid... and then there is hot asshole and abusive asshole and I think the line here was very thin, like paper thin...even the ending was good but again, it was just put weirdly together...I don't know...

so yeah, will I continue read? yes, I will give another cha
Amanda Sheila
I actually adore this book. Why? Because the idea of 'hurting' the one you love then begging for her/his forgiveness is always appealing to me.

But I don't think I can really love this one, mostly because I find both Jagger and Britton are ridiculously stupid. Well, Jagger left Britton alone, bleeding to death in the middle of freaking road and Britton, years later, not exactly clear about her feeling towards Jagger. Does she hate him? Does she want a revenge or just hate him a little, I don't r
Elle the ClosetRomanceReader aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
I think it's best that the book and I part at this point. Really unfortunate as I thought the whole premise was interesting. Interesting enough that I gave it a shot to Ch 13, I am patient after all. But I knew if I keep reading, the madder I will get at the MC's.

Really sorry but the writing did not work for me, esp the random and/or frequent switch in POV. It just confused me. Then there's the MCs who acted/talked like adults when they were children, and acted/talked like children when they wer
Jos
Feb 08, 2014 Jos rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and I look forward to the next book in this series. For me or for anyone who loves a good MC love story, well, this is it! This story read pretty quickly and I would have liked to see more of an extended "ending" to the story, an Epilogue in particular because I for one LOVE and NEED a great EPILOGUE but this was my only minor issue. It wasn't as gritty and raw as some of the other biker books out there but for me personally I was fine with it, sometimes a change is good!
axola
May 10, 2014 axola rated it did not like it
Things I learned from this book:

- Any moron can get into the FBI and become an agent.

- Any moron can be head of a criminal organization.

- If u are reading a stupid book, don't be surprised when moron number 1 and 2 finish together in a happy lawful ever after.
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
Feb 08, 2014 CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD marked it as to-read
More MC book!!! Hell Yeah!!! Keep them coming!!! ;)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Sue
Feb 07, 2014 Sue rated it it was amazing
** I received an ARC from the author for an honest review **

"One bad boy biker. One determined good girl. And a love that could destroy them both…again.

He left her there alone, broken, bleeding on the rain-soaked pavement and never contacted her again. "

Oh hell yeah! I absolutely LOVED this book
Jennifer Guffey
Feb 26, 2014 Jennifer Guffey rated it really liked it
Shelves: biker-mc
Crushing Beauty (Harbinger’s of Sorrow MC) Vegas Titans Series
By: Celia Loren

4/5 stars

The story of Britton & Jagger goes back to high school when they were just young sweethearts. But after a terrible car accident, Jagger takes off and leaves an unconscious, bleeding, broken Britton on the side of the road. She calls out for him; she waits for him, and still nothing. Finally she decides that she has to move on with her life because her friend/boyfriend/lover has truly abandoned her. She leav
Natasha
Jan 07, 2015 Natasha rated it really liked it
Britton and Jagger had a love that all their friends envied. Childhood sweethearts that found a home within each other that they couldn't get with their own families. One fateful night Jagger crashes and leaves Britton on for dead on the side of the road. For ten years poor Britton still can't comprehend why Jagger left her like he did. They were supposed to be together for the rest of their lives but Britton is so hurt from being deserted that she has spent the whole of their time apart with no ...more
Tiffany
Mar 12, 2014 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biker-romance
I'm a little surprised at myself for liking this so much. Usually indies that I take a chance on with an unknown author (to me) tend to disappoint. What I loved about this book is it kept me guessing. Would Jagger(love the name btw) find out and what would he do to Britton once he learned the truth? The dynamic between Britton and David was a little weird though. He's her boss,but he's clearly in love with her. All the pretense going on, I just knew someone would crack. This book is for MC ...more
Melissa Bernard
Jul 17, 2014 Melissa Bernard rated it liked it
Shelves: mc
Okay it was a nice short MC story. You have Britton and Jagger who grew up together were a couple. However on what awful night Jagger cashes the car taking off to leave Britton alone on the side of the road. After 10 years apart not really sure what happen to Jagger. Britton returns to take him down as she is now an FBI agent. But what she didn't expect was to still be in love with Jagger after all these years. Jagger is a great guy even though he maybe apart of some questionable things.

I kinda
Skye Blue
Oct 26, 2014 Skye Blue rated it it was ok
kinda young adult.
I love a rough, possessive, protective, all that jazz male mc...but bruising almost every time he touches her is lame...especially when it was done in a lame way to begin with.
Seemed like all he had to do was touch her, and she bruised.

And she was way to childish to be a fbi agent. jmo

Disappointed. Biker books are usually my safety net to read m/f...but I don't know that I'd qualify this as a biker book.

I almost bumped it up to 3 stars, seeing as it held my attention long enoug
Shannon
Feb 09, 2014 Shannon rated it it was amazing
What would you do if the love of your life left you to die after a car accident? Well Britton runs away and becomes a sexy FBI agent and her first undercover case is to bring down Jagger, her first love! How will she react seeing him after 10 years? I loved these two characters together! Jagger has done many bad things to survive, he is dangerous but underneath it all he cares about his family! Will Jagger be able to break through Britton's walls and prove to her that he loves her and always ...more
Cindy Hoage
Feb 25, 2014 Cindy Hoage rated it it was amazing
What to say about Jagger and Britton......hmmmmmm. I LOVED their story.

You could feel Britton's frustration of having to do her job, trying to get past what he did to her 10 years earlier, and still loving Jagger.

You could feel Jaggers distrust of her sudden appearance back in his life, his draw to her, his guilt of what he did to her 10 years prior, and his love for her.

How the story unfolded I did not expect, it was a totally different scenario that played out which was refreshing to me. I lo
April Tanner
Sep 10, 2014 April Tanner rated it it was amazing
Unexpectedly good!

Jagged and the love of his life Britton were together since she was 5 years old. When he was 18 and she was 16 they were in a bad wreck that he was driving drunk in and he abandoned her lying badly injured in the road.
Fast forward 10 years and Britton is an FBI agent who is about to resolve her need for revenge by taking down Jagged who has become the Prez of the Harbingers of Sorrow MC and a master criminal.
But Britton didn't count on the fact that things aren't as they seem a
Crissy
This book had a lot of promise, yet it did not live up to expectations. The plot was there but failed to deliver.

Without giving too much away - really a big bad biker, head of a club no less, would not forgive that sort betrayal. Also the speed with which the heroine forgave a betrayal that had shaped her life for 10 years is not believable.

Also for the price ($3.57) I expect a bit more to a story
Tracey Anderson
Sep 20, 2014 Tracey Anderson rated it it was amazing
Jagger and Britton

I love alpha male bikers and when they really aren't airbags. This story made ma fall in love with Jagger! I'm so glad Britton found out the truth about why Jagger left her 10 years earlier. So many misunderstandings and hurt feelings between the two. Truth shall set you free. Loved this book and can't wait to read the next book in the series! I'm going to read it right now!
Jessi
Feb 16, 2014 Jessi rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this book. Had a awesome story line. But got confusing at times when it jumped to different characters in the middle of chapters. Also I thought the relationship was a bit rushed, more story before they just jumped into bed together considering there past! But apart from that really enjoyed it, finished it in 2 days :)
Simona Webb
Mar 13, 2014 Simona Webb rated it really liked it
Pleasantly surprised & loved it!! Wasn't a hard core MC book no complaints - loved what you gave us! It kept me intrigued! Dam near fell out my chair when she saw Hank! Oh lawd & when David showed up at the MC location - REALLY!! Swooned when Dom & the family arrived & their he was - Jagger......❤️
Annie ♥Nocturnal Elocutionist♥
Aug 27, 2016 Annie ♥Nocturnal Elocutionist♥ rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, samcro
dnf...I am 3/4 of the way through and I just don't care. I really tried to finish. Can someone give me the phone no for the FBI and I will ring David myself and put the Harbingers of Sorrow MC sad and sorry tale to bed. There so many things wrong with this story. I have read another of Celia Loren's book and it was ok. Will I buy any more..no.
Nargis Sultana
Sep 25, 2014 Nargis Sultana rated it did not like it
I finished the book because I hate leaving books unfinished. but this has been one of the worst written books I have had the fortune of reading. It's absolutely all over the place. The actual premise of the book and the idea is really good but it was all over the place. I just couldn't get a handle on it.
Lisa (A Life Bound By Books)
It's rare that I not finish a book and while this one was a great idea it felt far, FAR from an MC book. Very different and not in the best way. Wasn't horrible just kind of... there. Frustrating when that happens. Such a bummer.
Erica Paythress
Sep 30, 2014 Erica Paythress rated it really liked it
Jagger and the love of his life Britton were together since she was 5 years old. When he was 18 and she was 16 they were in a bad wreck that he was driving drunk in and he abandoned her lying badly injured in the road.

enjoyed this one. good read.
Kim Wantstoread Brewing
May 22, 2014 Kim Wantstoread Brewing rated it really liked it
I actually really enjoyed this story. I know some reviews complained about the different POV's but I had no trouble with them. I'm a sucker for second chance romance and this one certainly filled the bill. I will definitely read more of this series.
Alexis Tamri
Feb 08, 2015 Alexis Tamri rated it did not like it
DNF

Nope sorry couldn't do it. No one speaks like that!!! Gah. 21st Century Las Vegas setting with 19th Century Victorian language. Normally if the plot is good I can overlook a few grammatical errors or cheesy dialogue. But this nope nope nope.
  • Riding Dirty (Ruiners Motorcycle Club, #1)
  • Troubled Son (Savage Sons Motorcycle Club, #1)
  • In Safe Arms (Grace & Poole, #2)
  • Misappropriate (Death Dwellers MC, #1.5)
  • Edge of Ashes (Sons of Ash Motorcycle Club #1)
  • Fighting To Stay
  • Satin and Steel (Riding the Line, #2)
  • Tiny (The Skulls, #4)
  • Arrow of Time (Marauders, #1)
  • Biker Bait (Lost Souls MC, #1)
  • Out of Darkness (Heaven Hill, #2)
  • Sleepless Nights (Wrath MC, #1)
  • Defiance (Defiance, #1)
  • The Way Home (Lights of Peril, #2)
  • Burning Desire (Condemned Angels MC, #1)
  • Impossibly (Dante's Nine MC, #1)
  • Soldiers of Chaos- Chaos Abounds: Book 1 in the Soldiers of Chaos series
  • Needing Me, Wanting You (Triple M, #3)
Celia Loren is an author of gritty Contemporary Romance. She’s always been an avid reader and growing up she devoured books by the truckload. Now she spends her time working toward finishing her MFA and penning the romance stories she always wanted to read. Excited to be a member of the Hearts Collective Publishing team, she brings her incredible imagination, unparalleled work ethic, and sassy ...more
More about Celia Loren...

Vegas Titans (7 books)
  • Breaking Beauty: Devils Aces MC (Vegas Titans, #2)
  • Wrecking Beauty: Devil's Reapers MC (Vegas Titans, #3)
  • Devil's Kiss: Widowmakers MC (Vegas Titans, #4)
  • Destroying Beauty: Hell Hounds MC (Vegas Titans, #5)
  • Betraying Beauty: Sons of Lucifer MC (Vegas Titans, #6)
  • Hating Beauty (Vegas Titans, #7)