Start by marking “The Wizard in My Window” as Want to Read:
The Wizard in My Window

The Wizard in My Window

When Timothy Collier finds a mark etched in his bedroom window that resembles a wizard with a pointy hat, his family concludes it's just one more thing to replace in their big old house. But when a book with blank pages begins to display magical items, one by one they appear in the house. Soon chaos erupts and the Collier family is face to face with an ancient wizard's ...more
Published February 4th 2014 by J. David Clarke (first published November 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Wizard in My Window, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wizard in My Window

Kevin Moore
Jul 31, 2014 Kevin Moore rated it really liked it
The Wizard in My Window by J. David Clarke is slightly outside of my normal fare for reading. There are a lot of people who live and breathe YA (Young Adult), particular YA Fantasy. I am not one of those people. I feel it takes a lot to stand out in such a saturated genre. Now that I've given my disclaimer, let me begin by saying that The Wizard in My Window does indeed stand out.

The short novel/long novella follows the Collier Family as they move into their new home. While his elder 15-year-ol
Mninc
Apr 29, 2014 Mninc rated it liked it
I won this book in a giveaway. Overall it was an enjoyable you adult book. However it definitely falls at the younger end of the young adult spectrum for the most part with a few interesting exceptions. I thoroughly enjoyed the beginning and the interactions between the siblings, they were very typical of of the types of conversations I have witnessed and were unique enough that they did not become monotonous. The trouble for me is that the looks at the magical creatures and the interactions ...more
Karen
Feb 09, 2014 Karen rated it it was amazing
The book introduces you to the Collier family. Their move to a new town, to their new home – a rather old house, is full of obstacles. When the children are shown their new rooms, Timothy immediately discovers a mark in his window. It looks like a wizard. Timothy finds an old book in the attic. At first its pages are blank – not for long… His older sister Nichole becomes his partner in hiding and applying the appearing magick. This plot is based on a great concept, taking me in, immediately. I ...more
Ann Andrews
Aug 13, 2014 Ann Andrews rated it really liked it
This is a fun story about a young boy who realizes his calling as something much more fantastic and thrilling than he ever could have imagined.

I really appreciated that this wasn't the typical "no one believes him" plotline. Pretty quickly, his older sister jumps on his side and begins to help him realize the extent of the secret he's stumbled upon. And by the end of the book, his parents are believers as well. I really enjoyed that aspect of it.

The writing is fantastic and the dialogue was we
Hachi Ballington
Mar 25, 2014 Hachi Ballington rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone who loves magical stories
Shelves: my-favorite
it was really amazing! i really love how the author describes all the magical characters. couldn't help turning the pages to see what happens next.as i'm reading the book i was visioning the stories in my mind like i was watching a movie! was really fantastical! and definitely will read it again!
watson387
Feb 22, 2015 watson387 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I'm a fan of J. David Clarke's writing and this story definitely did not disappoint. The Colliers are a very likeable family and the Nympharum, among others, are well written. If you're a fan of the fantasy genre, YA or otherwise, pick this up. It's a fun book and you won't be disappointed.
Dionne
Jun 24, 2014 Dionne rated it it was amazing
This was a great story. I enjoyed it immensely. Great imagination and great job! I liked the character Timothy(sp?). He was a likeable character and I hope he survives everything and lives out his life.
Alex
Apr 23, 2014 Alex rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book in the First Reads program. I had a hard time beginning and finishing this book. The story is pretty young for me. It's listed in the YA category, and to be generous, it would have to be a very, very young adult in my opinion. I'd say this book is maybe written for 5th grade. I was immediately put off by the simple language and the double spaced type. Regardless, I did enjoy the story for the most part once things started rolling. The suspense of the wizard in the window and the ...more
Glory  Hellman
Glory Hellman rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2014
Veggiemomof2
Veggiemomof2 rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Debbie
Debbie rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2016
J. David Clarke
Feb 05, 2014 J. David Clarke added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
J. David Clarke
Feb 06, 2014 J. David Clarke added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
Cmgren
Cmgren marked it as to-read
Sarah Crawley
Sarah Crawley marked it as to-read
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Liying
Liying marked it as to-read
Taryn Tener
Taryn Tener marked it as to-read
Ellon
Ellon marked it as to-read
Cheyenne
Cheyenne marked it as to-read
Florence
Florence marked it as to-read
Sarah marked it as to-read
Callie
Callie marked it as to-read
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Aldene
Aldene marked it as to-read
Michael Shea
Michael Shea marked it as to-read
Heather Bridson
Heather Bridson marked it as to-read
Sarah marked it as to-read
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Debbie Carnes
Debbie Carnes marked it as to-read
Kin Pier
Kin Pier marked it as to-read
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Ashley E
Ashley E marked it as to-read
Kim Coomey
Kim Coomey marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
J. Else
J. Else marked it as to-read
Malinda
Malinda marked it as to-read
Maryann
Maryann marked it as to-read
  • Demonworld
  • The Mirror and the Maelstrom (The Seraphinium, #4)
  • Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness
  • Heavenly Bride Chapter 1
  • Fat Vampire Value Meal  (Fat Vampire, #1-4)
  • Thought Revolution: How to Unlock Your Inner Genius
  • Sir Cumference and the Viking's Map
  • Restless Mind
  • Chasing Rainbows (Aunt Maddie's Castle Series, #1)
  • The Wonderful Adventures of Suzuki Beane
  • Warning: When I Am an Old Woman I Shall Wear Purple
  • Love-Letters Between a Nobleman and His Sister
  • Crater Lake: Battle for Wizard Island (Crater Lake, #1)
  • Lady Jane Grey: Nine Day Queen of England
  • Criminal Decision
  • FOR THE LOVE OF DAVID
  • Maven's Fractured Fairy Tales
  • 'Til Death Do Us Part (Fearless, #1)
J. David Clarke was published in the literary journal of Tarrant County Jr College before moving on to become a Fine Arts graduate of Southwest Texas State University.

He has written four books: one collection of short stories called "The Rubberband Man and Other Stories". The YA fantasy adventure THE WIZARD IN MY WINDOW. MISSING TIME, Volume 1 of a science fiction series called "313" and Volume 2
More about J. David Clarke...