Start by marking “I Love You More” as Want to Read:
I Love You More

I Love You More

4.25  ·  Rating Details  ·  205 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
The book is considered one of the best selling self-published children's titles of all times and has won numerous awards."
CITY SMART MAGAZINE
"Digital technology and a little sweat equity helped Laura Duksta pull off an unlikely career switch from bartender to successful children's book author...With $10,000 of her mom's money riding on the first 3000 copies of her child
Published October 1st 2007 by Sourcebooks (first published December 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about I Love You More, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Love You More

Sisters = by Gary PaulsenTopsys & Turvys by Peter NewellI Love You More by Laura DukstaRound Trip by Ann JonasGirls' Night Out, Boys' Night In by Jessica Adams
Double Sided Books
1st out of 27 books — 7 voters
Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice SendakThe Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussBrown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.
Best Childhood Picture Books
378th out of 390 books — 423 voters

More lists with this book...

Henry Martin
Mar 18, 2014 Henry Martin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
This is a great heartwarming story about love between a mother and a child, exploring both sides of the equation. The child's perceptions are spot on.

Recommended.

Tessa Hensley
Dec 07, 2015 Tessa Hensley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An adorable book that goes both backwards and forwards. It may be for parents to read to their very little children, but I don't think a child is ever too old to read or write about loving their parents. I would have children read this and then think of the person they love most in this world. Then they have to find a creative way to say "I love You" to that person. It could be a picture, poem, story, comparison, or anything they wanted as long as it was sincere and creative.
This activity could
Angie
Jan 24, 2013 Angie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
Synopsis: "Were you ever told, "You know I love you?" Or have you ever felt that you did not tell someone you loved them enough? Reach out and embrace I Love You More, a timeless gift you will share again and again.

Too often love is assumed and not spoken. Love should be seen, heard, felt, sensed, shown, expressed, talked about-and more! Reading I Love You More will become a game, a conversation of love, that people, especially parents and
children, can share for years.

This cleverly conceived fli
Sheryl Rogener
Dec 18, 2008 Sheryl Rogener rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Our family has a little tag we always add to our "I love you" exchanges: the first person says, "I love you", and the other person says," But I love you MORE!". I don't know when or how we started the fun tradition, but we still do it today and, as silly as it sounds, it always brings a smile and the "warm fuzzies"....which is exactly what you and your little ones will experience when you read this new book by Laura Duksta, I Love You More.

The words are sweet and lilting (I think some creative
Bridgette Redman
Feb 01, 2012 Bridgette Redman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It doesn't matter how sentimental the book is, most parents are suckers for the "I love you" books. It seems they are almost a subgenre to themselves filled with a parent (usually a mom)-child patter about how they love each other.

Sometimes the child questions whether the parent would continue to love them no matter how they behaved (such as in the Mama, Do You Love Me book), sometimes the characters engage in a competition about who loves each other the most. No matter how sentimental these bo
Kathryn (Nine Pages)
Originally published on my blog, Nine Pages .

This book features a pretty cool and inventive structure. One side reads as the mother’s response to her son’s question: “How much do you love me?” Flip it over and read the son’s response to his mother when she asks the same question. The middle page bridges the two responses. The text itself is pretty… gooey. Especially on the mother’s side it sounds like that old country song: “deeper than the holler, stronger than the rivers, higher the pine tree
Meg McGregor
Feb 11, 2015 Meg McGregor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the sweetest books, for a parent and child, to share together.

I love the idea that the book is told from the parent's point of view; then turn the book over, and the story is told from the child's point of view.

The illustrations are endearing, but not I believe, as good as they could have been. That is the only reason the book did not receive five stars.
Tai
May 09, 2016 Tai rated it it was amazing
I love this book. I read it almost everyday for two years to my two young daughters. At some point, my youngest started reading it to me. We love that the book goes forward and backward.
Lili Stewart
Oct 22, 2014 Lili Stewart rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Favorite!

We read this story every night!!! Family favorite! I never finish without a tear!!! And my babies know this book by heart!
Margaret
Sep 07, 2010 Margaret rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Margaret by: Sourcebooks, Inc
This is one really neat board book and AppleBlossom loves to flip through the pages. One of the cool thing about this little book is that is opens and starts from both the front cover and the back cover and practically never ends. If you have not been able to catch yourself a copy of this book watch the video to see what's it about. Each page and phrase is one more explanation to quantify your love between a mama and her child. This book is a treasure and I plan on reading it over and over again ...more
Kimberly
Nov 16, 2012 Kimberly rated it really liked it
Shelves: rdg-4050
I Love You More is a very sweet book of a mother and son. It is a flip book with the mother’s reasons for loving her son in one direction and the son’s reasons the other direction. They both relate their love in terms of nature and creation. Each side displays their love in appropriate ways.
I would probably use this one as a take home read with parents’ book. It could also be used to show how writers do things differently as the set-up of the book is very different than traditional books. It
Megan Gery
Jun 18, 2014 Megan Gery rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My three year-old niece and I both loved it.
Felicia Moore
Mar 23, 2016 Felicia Moore rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
read it to baby Elizabeth cute book :D
Jun 26, 2014 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A bedtime favorite for my son and I.
Ruth Ann
May 20, 2016 Ruth Ann rated it really liked it
Two-sided book - one from the mother's perspective, one from the child's perspective.

Heart warming, perfect. Much better than all the rest....better than Guess How Much I Love You and Love You Forever, which is a little creepy.
Tricia
Dec 28, 2007 Tricia rated it it was ok
too much like the classic "guess how much i love you" or is that just me? sort of sweet due to the illustrations. not sure it has to be a flip book...wish they would've just done it all as one upright book.
Rosanna
Apr 19, 2012 Rosanna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
super sweet book. I bought it for my son when he was in the hospital, and couldn't read it for sobbing. now that's he's healthy and happy and almost two, he will sit and read it with me.
DixieJo
Feb 14, 2010 DixieJo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a flip over book.
Read it one way and it's the Momma telling the boy how much she loves him.
Close it, flip it over and it is the boy telling his Momma how much he loves her.
Monica
Dec 04, 2013 Monica rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
It's ok. Book 'never ends' because you flip it midway trough and the story starts all over again.

This is the board book version, and is much smaller than the original book.
Sarah Stumphf
This was a little confusing to read as a bedtime story, we figured it out, but I think this is better as a daytime reading book because of the flipping mid story.
La-Shanda
Jun 29, 2013 La-Shanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute and a good book to read to your child or elementary students; as a classroom teacher (loco parentis), you will illustrate that someone cares and love them!
Kristen
Dec 31, 2013 Kristen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of our favorites.
Elizabeth
Mar 13, 2012 Elizabeth rated it liked it
Lovely book from the perspective of a mother and son about how much they love each other. They both give examples that suit their age. Also flips
Sari
Nov 05, 2007 Sari rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents and their younger kids
My five year old and I enjoyed reading this flip-sided book from both directions - from the point of view of both the mother and the child.
Toma Szabat
Jul 01, 2011 Toma Szabat rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bought this book for my mother-in-law, cause she always have one of these types of saying with my children and it's a fond memory.
Jacqueline Kendall
This was such a cute book for the little ones. Its about a little boy who asks his mom how much she loves him. Age 3 and 5

Picture book
Brucelle
Sep 09, 2014 Brucelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting and unusual story about three women that find out they're married to the same man.
Alysia
This is a cute and interesting book to introduce rhyming words and informal descriptions of measurements.
Jan 17, 2008 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
Got this as a review copy. Pretty cute. A little wordy for Miriam, but the sentiment is good.
Tierney
Mar 08, 2009 Tierney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i love the way the mom and boy tell how much they love eachother in their own special way.
  • Wherever You Are My Love Will Find You
  • I Love You This Much: A Song of God's Love [With CD]
  • If I Could Keep You Little...
  • A You're Adorable
  • It's Time to Sleep, My Love
  • The Three Billy-goats Gruff: A Norwegian Folktale
  • Little Loon and Papa
  • Animals
  • Some Dogs Do
  • Mommy Hugs
  • There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Rose!
  • Ladybug Girl Dresses Up!
  • How Do I Love You?
  • Tickle Time! (A Boynton on Board Book)
  • All of Baby, Nose to Toes