Start by marking “Torii (To Rule the Universe #1)” as Want to Read:
Torii  (To Rule the Universe #1)

Torii (To Rule the Universe #1)

It's the middle of finals and Tara can't get her mind off of the Cherry Red Mustang her father promised her if she manages to pass her exams. Exhausted from her studies, she's sure she dreamt of the talking dog following her around, but when her best friend dies, she finally starts listening to the dog. She discovers she's not of this world, and maybe not even from this ...more
Published January 31st 2014 by Mountain Springs House (first published January 24th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Torii, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Torii

Meghen
Aug 10, 2014 Meghen rated it really liked it
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Torii by Amanda Marie

I absolutely loved it! It had been a while since I'd gotten into a fantasy novel, but this was perfect.
it starts out slow, but it's what is needed to setup the wonderful world Amanda Marie has created.
I love the different mythical beings, I love that we travel the globe, Love that we leave earth, and I love I get my YA love triangle fix!
Forget Teams Peeta/ Gale, Edward/Jacob, Death/ Jack
Now we have Team Jason or Team Ki
Maria
Aug 22, 2016 Maria rated it did not like it
DNF

Basic concept of the story and intrigued me and I would have liked it if there what have been any sort of consistency instead the story jumped so many times that I was unable to keep track of what was going on and left far too many explanations out of what was going on.
Kitty Muse Book Reviews
Jul 21, 2014 Kitty Muse Book Reviews rated it it was amazing
Torii—a gate of Japanese origin and design. Gates can keep things in, keep things out, or simply mark the beginning of one place and the end of another. In this story, it is all of these.
Young Tara Thielman knows nothing of her infancy, and certainly nothing concerning anything of Japanese influence. All she knows of gates are that they are fun to swing on and keep dogs from running away.
That is, until the year when everything went strange--and oh so wrong. First, dogs started talking to her. An
Sheila
Amanda Marie’s Torii takes readers from mythic beginnings in a land of tragedy, sorrow and sword, to a world of rich teenagers in modern-day Miami. These times and places are linked, but the modern teen has a certain unwillingness to accept things beyond their ken, and a race to save the world is on, dependent on the love of cars and dogs and the friendship of strangers. Of course, some of these strangers will be considerably stranger than others as the novel progresses.

Torii is beautifully pres
Sheila
Jun 05, 2016 Sheila rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Torii is beautifully pres
Sam Sheerin
Apr 06, 2014 Sam Sheerin rated it really liked it
I was given this to read for an honest review. I can honestly say I haven't read anything this gripping in a long time.
The storytelling is brilliant from Mayuri's present and going to the past, in both times she still struggles with everything that has happened in her life and still not getting answers she is looking for.
Is Jason the man for her or should have a normal life with Killian??? choices choices!!
You will be gripped from page one, the flow of each chapter is amazing something going on,
Ella
Sep 04, 2014 Ella rated it it was amazing
Omg! Amanda Marie book Torii is a little bit of everything. Romance, fantasy, action with a little twist of dramatic love triangle. All thought this books starts out slow, you need to stick with it it is worth it. Once Amanda Marie gets the backstory laid out you disappear into Torii and all it's pathways. Magicians, vampires, elves and other creatures make up the cast if this story in a world Tara didn't know exist let alone know she belonged to. Tara also discovers that some of the doors ...more
Anonymous
Anonymous rated it did not like it
Mar 29, 2015
Amanda Marie
Amanda Marie rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2016
Anonymous
Anonymous rated it did not like it
Jun 05, 2016
Tess Votto Haranda
Tess Votto Haranda marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Mckaylamay
Mckaylamay marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Tof Eklund
Tof Eklund marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Tami
Tami marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2015
Stephen Robertson
Stephen Robertson marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2015
Joy
Joy marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Belinda
Belinda marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
S.A. Gibson
S.A. Gibson marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2016
sherry tarr
sherry tarr marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2016