Start by marking “Nathaniel Myer” as Want to Read:
Nathaniel Myer

Nathaniel Myer

"It happened because the traffic light turned red.
It was while idling there that Nate realized he'd seen the cream Mercury Marquis three times since morning service had ended."
Read the FIRST TWO CHAPTERS FREE on http://www.margaretsisu.com/-nathanie....

Nathaniel Myer is a restless suburbanite whose world is shattered after a chance encounter with an angel-faced sociopath
Published January 31st 2014 by Xlibris Corporation

To ask other readers questions about Nathaniel Myer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nathaniel Myer

Brittany
Goodreads First Reads

Nathaniel Myer watched as tragedy unfolded before his eyes as his world was ripped apart. Unable to face normal life while the criminals were left to walk the streets his life continued to take a downward spiral. Nathaniel was soon living a life that in no way resembled the life he had created or even pictured for himself. In eleven months he lost his family, lost his home and financial security, and lost his way.

So, why was it entirely impossible for me to connect in any wa
Ken Puddicombe
Dec 27, 2015 Ken Puddicombe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Nathaniel Myer lives up to the author's synopsis. As a fellow writer, I was impressed with the skill and the obvious research that went into the plotting, narrating and unfolding of the story.
Myer's life on the edge, dwelling among denizens of the underworld and attempting to find justice for his loved ones, is one that is highly credible and opens up to the reader an entire different world.
Hopefully the stage has been set for a sequel or even a series.
Highly recommended.
Urenna Sander
Oct 25, 2014 Urenna Sander rated it really liked it
Thugs violently assaulted Nathaniel Myer’s family. The stress of losing his family, home and job motivated Nate to seek revenge.
Nate had a group of homeless, rag-tag, good hearted friends: the sage, “Cracker,” a veteran, Trin and Kylie a mother and daughter respectively.
I liked this book. I liked that homelessness was mentioned. We shouldn’t forget that decent citizens become homeless through joblessness, foreclosures, turbulent family situations and mental illness too.
I like that suspense was
Mags Jenkins
Sep 25, 2014 Mags Jenkins rated it it was ok
I was delighted to win a signed copy in a Goodreads Giveaway, so thank you to the author for that.

Unfortunately the book didn't really click for me. The characterisation felt weak and I really didn't feel any connection with the characters at all, which left me not caring what happened to them. The story was a straight-forward revenge novel, with no twists or turns to add interest. I also found the writing style rather sloppy, and the continual missing words just annoying: as an example "his fac
Derek Quelleron
Sep 25, 2014 Derek Quelleron rated it it was ok
A new reader for me and this novel starts promisingly as our hero Nate loses everything in a fairly brutal manner. The bulk of the story sees Nate looking for revenge, redemption and some form of recovery. A genuinely interesting story...
Trouble is, I can't seem to find Nate particularly likeable. Despite the horrendous events occurring in his life I have very little sympathy for him.
The book is not particularly well written, it doesn't flow very well and I didn't find my self eager to keep turn
Carol
Sep 17, 2014 Carol added it
Honestly I never hear of this author before, but she is now on my favorite author list. The action start early, the story holds you in its grip. A man who loses everything in this world that he values, fights for revenge and to gain control. Highly recommend this book. Looking forward to reading more of her books in the future.
Shelley
Aug 29, 2014 Shelley rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-read
I won this book as a first read here on this site. I really enjoyed the story telling by Margaret Sisu. I'm not a writer by any means, but I do love to read. And I found myself not wanting to put the book down.
Margaret Sisu
Jul 23, 2014 Margaret Sisu rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Traci-Shara
Traci-Shara rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2014
Urenna Sander
Urenna Sander rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2014
Marita
Marita rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2016
Lorraine Baker
Lorraine Baker marked it as to-read
Nicola Fantom
Nicola Fantom marked it as to-read
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Julia Conway
Julia Conway marked it as to-read
Richard Hicks
Richard Hicks marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Melonie Kydd
Melonie Kydd marked it as to-read
Betty
Betty marked it as to-read
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Jeanette
Jeanette marked it as to-read
Maxine
Maxine marked it as to-read
Lou Wooten
Lou Wooten marked it as to-read
Vykki
Vykki marked it as to-read
Richard Randall
Richard Randall marked it as to-read
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Lorelei Frank
Lorelei Frank marked it as to-read
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Linda Turner
Linda Turner marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Todd Rumsey
Todd Rumsey marked it as to-read
Alan
Alan marked it as to-read
Louise
Louise added it
Dec 31, 2014
Doseofbella
Doseofbella marked it as to-read
Samar
Samar marked it as to-read
Mina
Mina marked it as to-read
Gordon Bingham
Gordon Bingham marked it as to-read
Pat
Pat marked it as to-read
Katie Harder-schauer
Katie Harder-schauer marked it as to-read
Merrill
Merrill marked it as to-read
  • Bahama Crisis
  • The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight
  • Circle of Bones (The Shipwreck Adventures #1)
  • If Only: Letting Go of Regret
  • Remember, Remember
  • Red Square (Arkady Renko, #3)
  • The Mission Song
  • Detachment: An Adoption Memoir
  • Disappeared (Inspector Celcius Daly Mystery, #1)
  • The Traveler: The Amulet of Life
  • Diana's Nightmare: The Family
  • Ordinary Thunderstorms
  • Fiskers meets Santa Claus (Fiskers field mouse, #1)
  • The Snowberry Files Case 1: The Hunt for the Mahogany Ship
  • The artisan market
  • A Murder in Auschwitz
  • Eat, Fast, Slim: The Life-Changing Intermittent Fasting Diet for Amazing Weight Loss and Optimum Health
  • Bringing Sundance Home: *Butch Cassidy's Partner - My Great Grandfather*
5420707
I've lived in nine different countries on both sides of the Atlantic, and spent my childhood and university years buried in books of one kind or another - fiction and non-fiction. Now I write dramatic stories that get the heart racing, the mind buzzing, and the emotions stirring. My characters are the kind I'd like to meet in real life--a little bad, mixed up, or just plain nutso. And story ...more
More about Margaret Sisu...

“no one ever really starts over. We simply carry on, hoping that our next choices are better ones than our last ones. A new name and new address won’t wipe out the past, and the past finds us all eventually.” 1 likes
“May was premature for rain but a chalky sheet of clouds hung low and slow, drizzling constantly, too light to soak through clothing, too persistent to ignore.” 1 likes