Start by marking “Me, Inc.: Build an Army of One, Unleash Your Inner Rock God, Win in Life and Business” as Want to Read:

Me, Inc. features a black simulated-leather cover with gold foil stamping and a black ribbon bookmark.

The fact that KISS is one of the most successful rock bands in the world is no accident. From the beginning Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley had a clear-cut vision of what they wanted to do and how they wanted to operate KISSas a businesswell before they ever first took the
Published October 21st 2014 by Dey Street Books

Ryan Dejonghe
Oct 23, 2014 Ryan Dejonghe rated it really liked it
One of the most shocking things about the new Gene Simmons book: it is actually good. At first glance, the faux leather cover and ribbon book marker make Simmons’s ME, INC. appear as expected: contrived. Quite the contrary.

Die-hard KISS fans may not find much new here, besides some added inspiration. For the uninitiated, as I was, this book provides a keen insight on what made (and makes) Gene Simmons successful. As he describes it, his own due diligence and self-educating created his empire an
Thomas
Jan 04, 2015 Thomas rated it did not like it
As a fan of KISS, I was sincerely looking forward to reading a book on entrepreneurship by the immortal Gene Simmons. Something most of the world has forgotten is that no one had ever done what KISS did right out of the gate and continue to do in the world of business. It made perfect sense for an instructional manual to manifest from the genius behind the painted faces. Unfortunately, Me, Inc. did not live up to my expectations, which normally could be forgiven considering the mountain of ...more
Martha Sweeney
Jul 20, 2016 Martha Sweeney rated it it was ok
Shelves: giveaways
I commend Mr. Simmons on his success; he had a goal and was determined to achieve it, and did! Unfortunately, I cannot give this book as high of a rating as I had expected that I would. I received this book as one of the Goodreads Giveaways and was disappointed that it was a proof. There were a lot of editing mistakes, which made it challenging to read.

As businesswoman myself, I do not agree with some of the points Mr. Simmons makes. To achieve success, you must work at it. I agree with Mr. Simm
Jackie
Dec 26, 2014 Jackie rated it it was ok
My only reason to read this book was that my son purchased it from Gene Simmons and had it signed and felt it was motivating. Thus I read it. The first chapters were entirely in my opinion self absorbed. The only interest I found was the childhood and history of the mans early years. I felt strongly that him having to grow up in the restrictive environment of not having any essentials for living made for a very difficult life that made him determined he would pull himself up and out and never ...more
Tony Jr.
Apr 25, 2015 Tony Jr. rated it really liked it
Good book from mega rock star and business genius Gene Simmons.
(Just a heads up, DONT expect to agree with all his advice)

This book is split into two sections:
Part 1 Me Inc - which covers Genes upbringing, stupid mistakes he made, life as an immigrant, and how he became successful

Part 2 You Inc - Genes covers his 13 principles for business success which includes: Dealing with failure, Work ethic, Not wasting time, Surrounding yourself with the right people, Being grateful for the ability to wo
Glenn Rolfe
Apr 04, 2015 Glenn Rolfe rated it it was amazing
I purchased this for many reason: 1. I'm a Gene fan. I'm a KISS fan. Beyond that, I'm also a fan of learning and learning from those who succeed. I'm an author who is just getting started. I signed my first pro contracts last year (yes that was contracts, plural), and I want my books (my babies) to succeed. I've recently been extended a position with the publishing company, as well. A small role, but one I received because I dove in these murky marketing waters and went for it. I believe in my ...more
Jack Oughton
Jun 23, 2015 Jack Oughton rated it it was amazing
"...if you choose to become a smoker, you are idiot". Gene Simmons continues to give not one SINGLE fuck. Now he's giving out life advice, and it's great.

The book is very much in the vain of Ayn Rand's 'Virtue Of Selfishness' - except y'know...Gene's stuff is actually quite accessible and very often unintentionally hilarious in its bluntness.

Recommended!

Jenna
Jun 15, 2016 Jenna rated it liked it
He has some good points, but a lot of the time when he was talking (AUDIOBOOK #2 FOLKS) I just felt like I'd heard a lot of it before (or it was common sense). Although he did make me feel bad that I have such a small savings account.
Tamara Grand
Mar 01, 2015 Tamara Grand rated it did not like it
I only finished this because it was so darn funny.
DON'T TAKE VACATIONS.
Don't buy a house unless your net worth is 4 times the cost of the purchase.
Live with your parents as long as possible.
Don't have a girlfriend; they cost too much money.
LOL!
Chris Lawson
Oct 15, 2014 Chris Lawson rated it really liked it
Better it's MY MONEY than anyone else's."

ME, INC. is a well-written, hard-hitting discussion on how to make lots of BIG MONEY. Gene has the answer, and it's very clear: Focus 100% on ME. Not your wife, not your children, not your friends. Just ME.

The first part of ME, INC is a biography of Simmons, and what he did to achieve world fame in heavy metal rock. This was interesting, and illustrates the author's point about the opportunities to achieve great success in America. Simmons (not his given
Timmy T-Squared
Sep 29, 2016 Timmy T-Squared rated it it was amazing
An interesting perspective on living life by the rules of Gene Simmons. As an avid fan, it was great to see his ideas on relationships, business, and money. I am sure a business student or a wanting entrepreneur might have found more use of it than a nursing student as myself, but none the less, I found some values to adopt out of it.
Caleb John Philbrick
Has some good wisdom.
Written in an offensive and sarcastic way.
Can be read quickly.
The Genre Minx Book Reviews
Eh, it is actually an easy read that is not horrible repetitive drivel. More of a positive you can do it mantra. Found out lots of things I did not know about Gene Simmons and the band Kiss.
K2 -----
Jan 18, 2015 K2 ----- rated it liked it
Gene Simmons story is an interesting one. He has an ego about a mile wide but also has some brief humility in places in this tome.

If you have never read a book of this sort, an inspirational book about success, this may seem new to you. If you are older and have read a few there's not much new here nor does it start a fire. He needed a better editor and tends to repeat himself and his stories over and over again. The books format is so Bible like in the physical sense you can tell he thinks he i
Summer
Dec 09, 2015 Summer rated it liked it
This came up when I narrowed my search to audiobooks about business that were "available now". I've HEARD of Gene Simmons and KISS but didn't really know anything about him or the band, so I thought I'd give this a shot.

It was pretty good. It's written for entrepreneurs and I am not one but it left me with the feeling that I can do anything I want to do if I put my mind to it.

Gene Simmons' personal story is interesting. I had no idea he lived such an eventful life.

His advice to people is very
Chris
A very simple in your face lesson about how the business world works. If you like to be politically correct all the time then this book might not work for you which probably means you need to read it so you understand the real-truth about how business gets done.

I really enjoyed reading this book because this what people need to read and understand. Everyone is always looking for a short cut to success and Mr. Simmnons doesn't sugar coat what it actually takes. His life is one that many immigrant
Lance Lumley
Apr 12, 2015 Lance Lumley rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Business
Recommended to Lance by: Library pick
I am a fan of Gene Simmons and Kiss, and respect the success that Simmons has achieved in America. this book is more business related than his other books, that mainly talk about his time in Kiss. Even though Simmons has proven his business brain works, there were some problems I found in the content.
One thing is Simmons claims to never take a vacation from your job and that time could be spent working at making more money. He also suggests that people should dump their friends that want to han
Matt Beckwith
Dec 02, 2014 Matt Beckwith rated it did not like it
Mo
Jan 13, 2015 Mo rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked up this book without realizing Gene Simmons was a KISS member and apparently is still kind of a big deal. I did find some of his advice practical but didn't appreciate his lack of compassion and--let's not mince words--arrogance. Besides, he insisted on people doing a couple things to ensure success that only showed how clueless he was about people outside his social circles:

1. Look white.

Gene agonized over his Jewish heritage and argued he could succeed despite not looking American (i.
D. Smith
Jun 02, 2016 D. Smith rated it liked it
While this book covers a series of topics from entrepreneurship to music to economic policy, it's less of a How-To and more of a series of Simmons' personal beliefs and philosophies. He waxes poetic at times, tells people to do things that might or might not be in their best interest (while proposing that his way is the best way) and also attempts to show a little humility in his stories of rising to success.

It's clear that Simmons' believes he has the best route to success and that his beliefs
Carissa
Aug 11, 2015 Carissa rated it really liked it
A refreshingly blunt take on how to make it in business, with surprisingly candid details about Simmons' past. The KISS frontman details his discovery of capitalism (and how earning money can be used for good - his initial impetus for earning a dollar was to help his impoverished mother after his father left them in their native Israel in the 1950's) selling cactus leaves on a street corner as a young boy, to reinventing himself as Gene Simmons, with all the makeup, high heels and success that ...more
Jake Little
Feb 24, 2015 Jake Little rated it really liked it
Shawn  Stone
Feb 13, 2016 Shawn Stone rated it liked it
I've enjoyed Simmons' previous books, "Kiss and Makeup" and "Sex, Money, Kiss" and enjoy Gene's conversational writing style and rock-star exploits. He's amassed a fortune through good old fashioned hard work, determination and marketing savvy. His success speaks for itself. The fact that Simmons is s a former elementary school teacher and never touched drugs or alcohol also resonates with me. The guy pretty much epitomises the American Dream and is the very image of the self-made-man.

This book
Kathy Jo
Jul 16, 2015 Kathy Jo rated it really liked it
I found Me, Inc. to be a very interesting and motivational glimpse into Gene Simmons' own personal story. Through his insights and experiences, he offers keen insights and understanding on human nature in the world of business. This was by far my favorite part of the book.

In the second half of the book, Mr. Simmons offers his own unabashed advice for entrepreneurs and those just starting out, much of which is most appropriate to a young adult audience. Those of us now later in life can still ben
Stefan Percy
Well, that was actually more interesting than I was expecting it to be. Of course, if you are one that is easily offended by non-politically correctness (or however you'd state that), this book is probably not for you.
What can you say about Gene Simmons that hasn't already been said? Probably nothing. If you pick up and read ANYTHING that has to do with Gene Simmons, you should know what to expect.
I do not agree with everything he says in this book, but for the most part, he has some good advic
Lesley
Dec 05, 2014 Lesley rated it liked it
Shelves: adult, non-fiction
This a great, quick read if you need a kick in the ass to get yourself going. Full of straight talk about basic business information.
The voice of the book was very much in the style of Gene Simmons and I could hear him throughout the text. I'm absolutely sure he was very involved with the content.
If you are a member of the KISS Army there isn't much in here you haven't heard about Gene's life. As a casual fan, I was pleasantly surprised on the amount of personal information on the early life o
Robert Dunlap
Nov 17, 2014 Robert Dunlap rated it it was amazing
This one is now sitting on the desk. Semi-permanently. In the (much-needed!) vein of Larry Winget's books, The 50th Law and Ryan Blair's Nothing To Lose, Everything To Gain. Should be part of every high school curriculum. Hell, middle school. Start them young - but you're never too old to start.

And another thing or two. Don't be fooled by Gene's cover act. Many were. Many still are. Pay them no mind.

Sooo glad to see an author telling the truth about how it is. Read between the lines in life an
Kevin Eikenberry
Famous people from all walks of life write books about how they have achieved success.

Many aren’t very good at all.

If you don’t know much about KISS lead man and reality show star, Gene Simmons, you might put this book in that “less than good” pile.

And that would be a mistake.

If you are a follower of the band or the man, you likely know how smart of a business man he is. If you aren’t but pick up this book, it won’t take very many pages to recognize it.

- See more at: http://blog.kevineikenberry.
Cormacjosh
Aug 10, 2015 Cormacjosh rated it it was amazing
Me, Incorporated is the perfect title for a book written by Gene Simmons. I was very pleased with it, and have been waiting a long time for its release. Very much worth the wait and the time. This was a birthday gift, and I held onto it so I could read it on my vacation. After a brief overview of Gene's early life, Me, Inc. Goes into how to be a successful venture capitalist and shameless self promoter.

Since I advocate these ideals, and have been a fan of Gene and his rock band KISS for most of
Kinsey
Dec 30, 2014 Kinsey rated it really liked it
Much of this book is directed toward a younger audience however, there are some great tidbits throughout. If you are just graduating high school or in college this is a great book. If you are older there are still some great things to be gained from reading this book. This book is not for the faint of heart and a lot of what is said throughout needs to be taken with a grain of salt. If you are easily offended you will either need to buck up and deal with it or not read this book. Of course, if ...more
  • You're Hired: How to Succeed in Business and Life from the Winner of The Apprentice
  • The Portable MBA in Entrepreneurship
  • This Music Leaves Stains: The Complete Story of the Misfits
  • I'm Awesome: One Man's Triumphant Quest to Become the Sweetest Dude Ever
  • How I Made A Hundred Movies In Hollywood And Never Lost A Dime
  • Shut Up and Give Me the Mic
  • Here We Are Now: The Lasting Impact of Kurt Cobain
  • I'm the Man: The Story of That Guy from Anthrax
  • How to Make Money with Social Media: An Insider's Guide on Using New and Emerging Media to Grow Your Business
  • Stevie Ray Vaughan : Caught in the Crossfire
  • The Paths We Choose: A Memoir
  • Sex, Drugs, Ratt & Roll: My Life in Rock
  • Inventology: How We Dream Up Things That Change the World
From genesimmons.com

Gene Simmons was born in Haifa, Israel in 1949, and is the only child of his mother, a German Nazi Concentration Camp survivor. He has always attributed his ethics, morals and drive to his mother's notion's about life. "Every day above ground, is a good day," his mother is apt to say.

He came to America at eight and a half years of age. He graduated State University (NYSU) and C
More about Gene Simmons...

“I promised myself that I would educate myself, and that I would never stop educating myself. It was my responsibility to keep learning. I would spend hours at the library on the weekends and read everything I could get my hands on. Books on dinosaurs. Books on history. I almost read the entire Encyclopaedia Britannica. And all for free. The reason I’m telling all of you this is that I want you to take this point to heart and make you understand that it’s your responsibility to educate yourself.” 0 likes
“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” AGATHA CHRISTIE English author and playwright” 0 likes