Start by marking “Adventures of a Currency Trader: A Fable about Trading, Courage, and Doing the Right Thing” as Want to Read:

Praise for ADVENTURES of a CURRENCY TRADER -A truly easy, unique, and enjoyable read! Rob has done it once again to teach us in the funniest way possible how not to make the most common trading mistakes. If you are tired of reading how-to books, this is perfect for you. I highly recommend this book to all traders. Everyone will learn something about themselves by reading t ...more
Published February 1st 2007 by John Wiley & Sons (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Adventures of a Currency Trader, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adventures of a Currency Trader

Mark Easter
Aug 02, 2014 Mark Easter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Praise for ADVENTURES of a CURRENCY TRADER

"A truly easy, unique, and enjoyable read! Rob has done it once again to teach us in the funniest way possible how not to make the most common trading mistakes. If you are tired of reading how-to books, this is perfect for you. I highly recommend this book to all traders. Everyone will learn something about themselves by reading this book."
—Kathy Lien, author, Day Trading the Currency Market, and Chief Strategist, www.dailyfx.com

"Adventures of a Cur

Gregory
Sep 03, 2008 Gregory rated it it was amazing
This is a great book for anyone wanting to learn to trade currencies and to do it successfuly.
It will be added to my personal list of classics.
It is written very similar to the works of Og Mandino - A story wherein the Principles that Booker wants you to glean form the story are very obvious.
Althought there is a lot of basic currency trading education in the book, it is clear that Booker wanted to emphasize Trading Discipline and controling ones emotions more than anything else. Which I think wa
Girish Nayyar
Aug 20, 2016 Girish Nayyar rated it it was amazing
Shelves: trading
Best book I have read so far on currency trading. For the first time I really understood what they mean by creating a system with rules and how important these two things are combined with money management for any success in the world of trading.

There were in numerous occasions during the narration of Harry's story that I could relate to and gave me an opportunity to self introspect the things I had been wrong on in my personal trading.

It was a fantastic read with lot of entertaining sections an
Triffany
Dec 19, 2007 Triffany rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Potential Personal Investors and Traders
This fictional story of an individual currency trader is sort of the story of 'any man' who decides to trade for a living.

You get a chance to attend the school of hard knocks with Harry Banes and learn from his mistakes, hopefully avoiding them yourself if you decide to take that route to financial independence.

It's real and it is a story I've heard over and over again from successful FX traders around the world.

If you are at all considering being a personal investor of ANY kind, but especiall
Piotr Karaś
Jul 04, 2014 Piotr Karaś rated it it was amazing
I liked this book very much. It's such a rarity - this kind of literature.
Hui Shi
May 12, 2011 Hui Shi rated it really liked it
It's entertaining! It's familiar! It's a veracious account of the many common pitfalls new forex traders might go through.
Anard
Oct 18, 2007 Anard rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone
It's fun, entertaining, but yet educating as well.
I'll be glad if someone would make a movie based on this book.
Natalie Pyles
Sep 10, 2008 Natalie Pyles rated it liked it
More good trading advice from Rob Booker, but this time as a novel. pretty interesting.
Michael
Dec 05, 2012 Michael rated it it was amazing
I could put this book down after I started reading it. One of the best books ever on trading/investing.
Howard Lask
Howard Lask rated it liked it
May 12, 2015
Miro
Miro rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2010
Juha
Juha rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2012
Blaž
Blaž rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2012
Emilio
Emilio rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2012
Shu Ying
Shu Ying rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2012
Mostafa
Mostafa rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2011
Matt Miller
Matt Miller rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2012
Rian
Rian rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2014
Vitarius Mark
Vitarius Mark rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2014
Michael Mills
Michael Mills rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2015
Mike
Mike rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2007
Arsen Zahray
Arsen Zahray rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2009
Alex
Alex rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2013
Wlsn
Wlsn rated it it was ok
Mar 06, 2011
Jim
Jim rated it it was ok
Mar 05, 2014
Andy Hou
Andy Hou rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2012
Linzi
Linzi rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2012
Al_Shahbandar
Al_Shahbandar rated it did not like it
Dec 02, 2015
Amir Reza Abbasi
Amir Reza Abbasi rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2008
Duncan Pham
Duncan Pham rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »