Start by marking “Benny and Penny in Lost and Found!: TOON Level 2” as Want to Read:
Benny and Penny in Lost and Found!: TOON Level 2

Benny and Penny in Lost and Found!: TOON Level 2 (Benny and Penny)

Geoffrey Hayes’s two beloved mouse siblings return in their fifth story.

Benny’s in a foul mood! He can’t find his pirate hat, and he’s been sent outside to cool his temper. When he and Penny wander away from home and realize they’re lost, they must handle their emotions and put their heads together.
Published September 1st 2013 by TOON Books

To ask other readers questions about Benny and Penny in Lost and Found!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Benny and Penny in Lost and Found!

Stinky by Eleanor DavisBenny and Penny in Lost and Found! by Geoffrey HayesBenjamin Bear in Brain Storms! by Philippe CoudrayMaya Makes a Mess by Rutu ModanThe Big Wet Balloon by Liniers
Toon Books Level 2
2nd out of 20 books — 3 voters
Hildafolk by Luke PearsonThe Calvin and Hobbes Lazy Sunday Book by Bill WattersonMaddy Kettle by Eric OrchardOwly by Andy RuntonMUTTS Sundays by Patrick McDonnell
Comics and Graphic Novels For Kids
35th out of 53 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

Samantha
While I've enjoyed other Benny and Penny books, I didn't like this one as much as their previous books. Benny is upset over the loss of his pirate hat. Little sister Penny offers to help him find it and the siblings end up lost in the forest. Penny suggests they go back the way they came and they arrive safely at home and figure out where Benny's hat was hiding all along.

The story was only okay for me. The kid action was realistic and the kid emotions were captured well. Colored pencil illustra
Tammi Peterman
1. This is an very appropriate story for the age range which is grade k-2. In the story Benny (a mouse) is in a bad mood because he has lost his pirate hat. His sister Penny wants to help her brother find his hat and Benny decides that the best way to find his lost hat is to become lost thus begins their adventure. At first it's just a game, but then Benny and Penny really get lost. Both characters have to overcome their emotions in order to get home. The story line in this early graphic novel ...more
Kristen
Apr 16, 2015 Kristen rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I like how the illustrations have a “classic” feel to them, full of soft edges and muted hues. The plot, which tells the story of siblings Benny and Penny searching for Benny’s lost hat in the fog, has few complications. Speech bubbles contain he only text, often having bolded or italicized words to show emphasis in the characters’ speech. The comic images take a variety of forms throughout, sometimes with many frames on a page, other times with the picture taking up the entire page.

Appropriate
Hannah
Graphic Novel#1
Text-to-Self Connection:
I would ask the students if this story reminded them of a time when they got into a fight with their siblings, and what they did to resolve it. I would also ask if they have ever been in a bad mood before that they couldn't seem to get out of, and how they overcame that. I would tell them that I can relate to Penny because I always felt like I followed my older brother around everywhere we went, because he was always the leader.

Text-to-Text Connection:
I
Stephanie Sutter
Hayes, G. (2014). Benny and Penny in ost and found! New York, NY: Toon Books.

Brother and sister, Benny and Penny set off in search of Benny’s lost pirate hat, however they end up getting lost in the fog themselves. In this adventure, they find a lost jump rope, a lizard, and maybe a cat. Author and illustrator, Geoffrey Hayes uses beautiful pencil and watercolor drawings to enhance the mood of the story. This book is sure to please primary grade readers.

Instructional Support: Writing
As a writ
John Simet
Hayes, G. (2014). Benny and penny in lost and found! New York, New York: TOON Books.

Review: Have you ever had a bad day? Well, Benny has and it is not getting any better. He lost his hat and needs to find it. Here comes Penny to help out. Unfortunately, it is very foggy and the two might just get lost along the way. Wonderfully done and illustrated. This is a great story about two friends working together.

Explanation: I would use this book to introduce a writing activity to my students. They wi
Shelli
Nov 21, 2014 Shelli rated it really liked it
Benny has lost his pirate hat, making him one moody mouse! Thankfully his cheerful little sister Penny is willing to help him look for his beloved cap and hopefully keep him from getting too lost during their quest. This adorable picture book is set up in a graphic novel format that even the most reluctant of early readers will love.
Michele Knott
I really enjoy this series for students who are starting to read graphic novels. It's a little more advanced than some picture book graphic novels, but easier and not as lengthy as the next level up!
Carol
As usual, Geoffrey Hayes' art is adorable and emotive. The story was simple but relevant to many children.
Shazzer
Jun 27, 2014 Shazzer rated it really liked it
Another fantastic installment with Benny and Penny! These little mice have been big hits at my library, and I know my patrons will be excited to see more from them.
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Nancy
Nancy rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2015
Cassie
Cassie rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2014
MissImage
MissImage rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2015
Larisa R
May 09, 2016 Larisa R rated it it was amazing
The best book for kindergartener
Rosemary
Rosemary rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2014
Debby
Debby rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2015
Roben
Roben rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2016
Andréa
Andréa rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2015
Serafin Yusuf
Serafin Yusuf rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2014
Jacqui
Jacqui rated it liked it
Nov 25, 2014
Akshat
Akshat rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2016
Robin Rockman
Robin Rockman rated it it was ok
Feb 01, 2016
Jmgrey
Jmgrey rated it liked it
May 02, 2015
Athena
Athena rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2016
Sarah rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2014
Leslie
Leslie rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2014
Katelyn Patterson
Katelyn Patterson rated it it was ok
Jun 08, 2016
Deatrice
Deatrice rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2015
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Geoffrey Hayes has written and illustrated over forty children’s books, including the extremely popular series of early readers Otto and Uncle Tooth, the classic Bear By Himself, and When the Wind Blew by Caldecott Medal-winning author Margaret Wise Brown.
More about Geoffrey Hayes...

Benny and Penny (6 books)
  • Benny and Penny in Just Pretend
  • Benny and Penny in The Big No-No!
  • Benny and Penny in the Toy Breaker: TOON Level 2