Start by marking “Andalucian Mysteries: A Collection of Short Stories” as Want to Read:
Andalucian Mysteries: A Collection of Short Stories

Andalucian Mysteries: A Collection of Short Stories

A collection of 12 short stories of crime, mystery and suspense set on the Costa del Sol, some with a humorous touch, and all with a twist in the tail. The stories involve British ex-pats and holiday makers living or staying on the coast, many of them involving their relationships with the local community. All the stories are set in actual situations, though some of them ...more
Published January 24th 2014 by Createspace (first published December 28th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Andalucian Mysteries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Andalucian Mysteries

Jenny Twist
Nov 03, 2014 Jenny Twist rated it it was amazing
I love short stories. They’re just the thing when you don’t have much time to read but want something satisfyingly complete. The trouble is, so few people can write them really well. John Hardy is an exception.
This little collection of short mysteries, set in Andalusian Spain, is a real find. Each story is complete in itself and I love the endings. I can’t say much more without spoiling it for you. Just read them. You won’t be disappointed
Simon Fenwick
Jan 19, 2015 Simon Fenwick rated it really liked it
As someone who has visited Nerja since 1988, I have come to know the area pretty well. This first small collection of short stories from John Hardy captures the area and it's people and weaves short tales around some 'seamy' characters. Each has a twist in the tale. Some of the twists the reader can pick out quite quickly but others come as a surprise.

Short stories are not to everyone's taste but my own feeling is that, if they are written well, they can give satisfaction. John Hardy achieves th
I was born in 1934 in the small seaside village of Marske-by-the sea in Cleveland, North Yorks. Over the years I have had many different jobs – quantity surveyor, lecturer, homoeopath, acupuncturist, guest house and restaurant owner (with my wife Wendy) and sundry others. I have lived in North Yorks, Essex, Norfolk, and Cumbria, and for the last 20 years in the Axarquía in Andalucía.
My main hobbi