Start by marking “Ready Or Not” as Want to Read:
Ready Or Not

Ready Or Not

3.3 of 5 stars 3.30  ·  rating details  ·  408 ratings  ·  26 reviews
What happens when "I do" becomes "must I?"

Every bride is entitled to pre-wedding jitters, and what reasonable girl wouldn't think twice about marriage when her fiancé shaves off his eyebrows just in time for the photographs? But what if the bride-to-be is really freaked out by something else? Like, perhaps, the terrifying notion of happily-ever-after? With her ex-boyfrie
Published 2005 by Hodder

To ask other readers questions about Ready Or Not, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ready Or Not

Kristin (Kritters Ramblings)
Heidi has been engaged for a year and is in the last six months of planning her big day when work, friends and her relationship all hit a few speed bumps. A friend who is now a single mom, an ex reentering her life and a fiance who is sneaking around all make Heidi wonder whether this impending wedding is a good idea. If I had been in her shoes, I probably would have had the same crazy stress filled reaction.

An entertaining look at wedding planning and how it can affect a relationship. I also ap
Ellen
This was the 1st Chris Manby book I read.
It was a very easy light read and didn't take me long to finish.
Not her best and I'm so glad I wasn't put off by reading more of her books as she is a great author.
Carrieuoregon
The explanation for the narrator's behavior came too late for me to forgive her.
Ariel
It's a pretty riveting book on a girl who has signs of pre-wedding jitters. Kudos to Ms. Manby. Always loved her books. This wasn't her best work though. It was hard to empathize with Heidi the protagonist as she was getting uninterested in being married and made the silliest mistakes with her best friend's baby.

At many points in the book, I felt like rolling my eyes and saying, "Geez, what's her beef? What's wrong with this woman?" She seemed clueless herself and pretty self-absorbed for most p
Sammi
Okay so this book was a perfect, light, chick-lit summer read. And that's the best way to sum it up for me.

Blurb:
[i]Every bride is entitiled to some pre-wedding jitters. And what girl wouldn't think twice about marriage when her fiance gets his eyebrows shaved off just in time to look hideouos for photographs?

But what if it's not the ceremony that freaks you out but the happy ever after? Heidi Savage is wondering whether she can really forsake all the others for macho, beer-swelling Ed. And how
Rebecca
This book went on FOREVER! I don’t know it’s certain books that take forever to read. There was nothing wrong with this book, it just brought nothing new to the table and went on forever! Girl is going to get married, but starts doubting herself when her old and first love comes back into her life. She thinks future husband is cheating on her, so she cheats with the old boyfriend and then freaks when she finds out that he didn’t. She doesn’t tell future husband about this and proceeds with life, ...more
Claire Murray
Great book, will definitely read more by this author!
Kristen
A quick and easy read with a fun and whitty story-line. Heidi is engaged to Ed and is about to be married. At work, she runs into a former flame, Steven, who broke off their relationship several years earlier without any real reason. Heidi tries to ignore Steven, but everyone at her work adores him. Stressful situations along with frequent babysitting her best friend's baby, Ed's frequent rugby matches, and the return of Steven into her life, all accumluate and leave Heidi to wonder if she is ma ...more
Catherine
Enjoyable wedding-nerves/what-if tale with the inevitable misunderstandings leading to a happy ever after conclusion.

As in previous books I have read by this author, I felt the characterisation was less important than the sometimes farcical events, but as the book went on, the main characters rather suddenly revealed hidden depths, and I think more evidence could have been provided for these aspects which were hinted at before by rather repetitive motifs in how they were described.
Melissa Davis
Feb 13, 2010 Melissa Davis is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
so far I am wondering when I am going to care about the protagonist. I'll finish the book, but she's a bit whiny for me. She's successful but unhappy; engaged but not sure if she wants to marry him. 1/3 of the way through the book and none of this is changing--complications have been introduced, but not enough to make me worry or care about her decisions.
Adna
If I could give it zero stars, I would
Bella Ain
This book is funny. I like it. It kind of makes me think of the times when I actually decided to commit to something and second-guess myself when, at the end of the day, I'm always ready and never been readier, to commit. We just need time and some hard times to make us to realize that. :)
Melissa
This was an interesting book, very light in style but had some heavy themes - such as what happens when an ex walks in to your life, responsibility and pre-wedding jitters. I enjoyed this book a lot as there were a lot of twists and turns I wasn't expecting.
Angel Serrano
Heidi está a punto de casarse con Ed. Todo va bien, ¿o no? Cuando Steven reaparece en su vida después de siete años, las dudas le asaltarán: ¿estoy preparada para tener hijos o no?
Kathy Chung
Reviewed at : Small Kucing

Not bad. Frustrating but funny. has a surprising ending
Creativeuser15
Good book, it was a little bit slow to start and at times hard to grasp of of the dialect from London, but it got better once you get through the first few chapters.
Sonia Puri
It
is bit boring and lets chris manby down it was her first book i read ,it is abysmal i think she can do much better than this definitely I hope she can.
Caz Lopez
Such a great book. Loved Heidi she was the best character of the book. Will be reading more of chris manby!
Nazia Ahmed
I got this book as a freebie out of my magazine pack. It was ok and funny. Easy to read...
Louise H
An easy read for when you don't want to think too much about plots etc.
Aileen
This book was funny, but no the best book I have read by this Author.
Linette
Apr 20, 2010 Linette rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: females looking for a mindless, fun read
Quick read that kept my interest.
Charlotte
Very funny book, alot of humour :)
Robin
enjoyable british chick lit
Kara
OK, but not great.
Siobhan Johnson
Siobhan Johnson marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Hanan Alo
Hanan Alo marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Sally
Sally added it
Dec 13, 2014
  • Where Have All the Boys Gone?
  • A Question Of Love
  • His Other Lover
  • Society Girls
  • The History of Lucy's Love Life in Ten and a Half Chapters
  • The Scent of Scandal
This author has also released books under the name Chrissie Manby.

Encouraged my by English teacher, Mrs. Pocock, I published my first short story in Just Seventeen when I was fourteen years old. The story was called ‘Whatever happened to the wonderful boy I fell in love with’ and I published it under the pseudonym ‘Carolyn Lane’ because it largely consisted of a transcript of an argument I’d had w
More about Chris Manby...
Getting Personal The Matchbreaker Lizzie Jordan's Secret Life Seven Sunny Days Girl Meets Ape