Start by marking “Judy Moody, Mood Martian (Judy Moody, #12)” as Want to Read:
Judy Moody, Mood Martian (Judy Moody, #12)

Judy Moody, Mood Martian (Judy Moody #12)

It’s Backwards Day, so Judy Moody double-dares herself to become Queen of the Good Mood for one whole week. Can she do it?

Published August 5th 2014 by Candlewick Press

Steven R. McEvoy
Dec 05, 2015 Steven R. McEvoy rated it it was amazing
I have now read 30 books between Jody Moody, Stink Moody and Judy Moody & Stink books. That says a lot for the ability of Megan McDonald and Peter H. Reynolds to tell a story. And to be honest this is one of my favourites out of all of them. Jody seems to be maturing, even though she is in the same class, with the same friends and the same teacher, in this book there is more to appreciate and respect.

In all of the books Judy or Stink learn a lesson, they grow of change but in this one Judy
Book Girl
Nov 29, 2014 Book Girl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so funny. If you have read other Judy Moody books. You will know that Judy is very crazy in her own way. In this book she has opposite day at her school which is her favorite day at school.she challenges herself to be like her perfect friend at school who she thinks is very annoying. So after that day she desides to do it for a week! And her friends test her to see if she is an alien. Soon everyone thinks she is an alien. Will she finish the week or stop because it's to much? :) ...more
Chhaya
Jun 10, 2015 Chhaya rated it it was ok
Joanna Cisneros
Oct 19, 2016 Joanna Cisneros rated it really liked it
Characters- Judy, Stink, Mom, Dad, Rocky, Frank, Jessica, and Amy

Character analysis-
Judy: in the beginning judy was nice but at the end judy was always mean to stink
Stink- in all the book stink was always the same
Mom: the mom didn’t change
Dad- the dad doesn’t show up that much
Rocky, Frank, Jessica, and Amy: they were all Judy’s bestest friends since the beginning.

Summary-
Everyone knows that Judy has a tendency to sink into bad moods at the slightest provocation. Yet after she celebrates Backwa
Mehsi
Say hello to a Judy Moody that you never knew existed! :)

Yes, because in this book it all starts with a Backwards Day (of which I never heard until a few years ago) and ends with Judy going for a whole week of being Backwards. Which means, brushing her hair, doing homework, cleaning her room, dressing normally, no bad moods, no shouting, be nice to her brother. As you can imagine it is a big task for such a little tantrum filled girl. Luckily for Judy she has something that calms her. Something
Caryn Caldwell
Jul 10, 2015 Caryn Caldwell rated it it was amazing
After Judy’s school celebrates Backwards Day, Judy realizes she was in a good mood the entire time — and that being in a good mood was fun! Bolstered by success, she challenges herself to make it an entire week without getting into one of her famous bad moods. Not so easy, when she has challenges like an annoying little brother, skeptical friends, and a mischievous cat standing in her way.

We loved this installment in the Judy Moody series. As always, Judy is a fun character to root for, and her
Andréa
Surprisingly, I've never read any of the Judy Moody books before now; I think I've really been missing out.

Judy Moody is a great character -- she's normal and relatable, quirky enough to be interesting but not so much as to be weird, and generally a good kid, even if things don't always turn out as she plans.

In this latest book in the series, Judy attempts to maintain a good mood for a whole week, a challenge that would be difficult for most people and that proves to be especially difficult for
Shelli
Oct 07, 2014 Shelli rated it really liked it
After surviving one day of not-bad-mood behavior for Backward Day at school, Judy Moody decides to take on the ultimate test: an entire not-bad mood week. Is this possible for Judy-Who-Wear-Her-Emotions Like-a-Banner-Moody?? Since chances of failure are high, she decides to keep this challenge a secret; not wanting to allow anyone to see her fail. The new not so Moody-Judy causes her friends to fear that Pod People have invaded and the real Judy is being controlled by Martian invaders. Can anger ...more
Kim Harris
Oct 08, 2014 Kim Harris rated it really liked it
On Backwards Day, Judy Moody brushes her hair, puts on something other than her favorite tshirt and goes to school determined to be in a good mood. She finds that things go her way all day, especially when she stays out of trouble and away from Antarctica (the table in the back of the room for people who have a hard time behaving. Judy is a frequent visitor.). The day goes so well, Judy decides to challenge herself and keep up with the good moods. But it isn't so easy especially with her friends ...more
Jtimko
Judy Moody is moody! So when she attempts to reign in her moodiness, humorous results occur. Between her finger knitting which gets out of control and her efforts to be “un-moody”, Judy faces some difficult trials.
Fans of the previous Judy Moody book will love this twelfth installment of the series. The writing is light-hearted and amusing. Large print and cute black and white ink drawings keep the book from being over-whelming. Even if you have only one Judy Moody book, you need to purchase t
Lisa
Sep 24, 2015 Lisa rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-has, 2015

Will the real Judy Moody please stand up? In honor of Backwards Day, Judy Moody decides to turn that frown upside down, make lemonade out of lemons, and be nice to stinky little brothers. In fact, Judy becomes a NOT moody, cool-as-a-cucumber neat freak for one whole entire day. But when her combed hair, matching outfits, and good moods hang around for days after, her friends
Sara Bland
Apr 20, 2015 Sara Bland rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
Judy Moody is at it again! These books are just too fun with their interesting stories and fun illustrations peppered throughout. The breakup of the writing makes for an easy, quick read, appropriate for 2-4th grade. In this book, Judy decides to be nice for a change, since it is "backwards day", after all. Judy thinks this is going well, so she keeps up the good attitude. Days later, her friends begin to wonder what is wrong with her. They begin to wander if this is their Judy at all! Sweet ...more
Jane
Jan 11, 2015 Jane rated it really liked it
One of my sons and I love the "Judy Moody" and "Stink" books by Megan McDonald. Even though my son, at age 10, is "too old" for the books, we still read the new ones together as soon as they come out. Although this installment wasn't my favorite, it was enjoyable. It had McDonald's delightful word play and dialogue, as well as a clever problem for Judy (trying not to get in a bad mood for seven full days).
Meghan Nels
Fans of the Judy Moody and Stink series will continue to enjoy Judy Moody's adventures in her newest novel, Judy Moody: Mood Martian. While I encouraged many younger chapter book readers to read the Judy Moody and Stink stories I had never, in fact, read one. After reading the latest in the series I can confirm that readers of all types will enjoy Judy Moody's hilarious antics which are illustrated perfectly by Peter Reynolds.
Pat
Feb 07, 2015 Pat rated it really liked it
Judy Moody makes a commitment to stay in a good mood for an entire week. Her friends feel that she has turned into an alien. She finger knits constantly and unravels a sweater a relative has given her to acquire more yarn. Her family, friends, and school class interactions will bring smiles to readers' faces. Her finger knitting chain is even used as a math lesson since it ends up over a mile long. A great read for second to fourth grade girls.
Shazzer
Aug 16, 2014 Shazzer rated it really liked it
I understand moods. I've been known to have moods of my own. Smart (and lucky) people with moods eventually find something that helps them tame their moods, and in "Mood Martian", Judy Moody has found hers: finger knitting! Of course it wouldn't be Judy Moody without craziness, and there's plenty here to amuse: a butt print on a newly painted wall, yarn-bombing, pod-people scares and Judy Moody with a Hairbrush!?! McDonald does it again!
Sharon
May 04, 2016 Sharon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: with-my-ears
Narrated by Barbara Rosenblat
Brilliance Audio, 2014

Amazingly, this is my first Judy Moody audiobook and I'm happy to report that it's quite delightful. Rosenblat is -- as always -- superb in her interpretation of personality, and the listener always knows who's speaking. Judy herself is so well-played in her attempt to forgo her moody ways. The only misstep, to my ears, was the whiny characterization of Stink -- it felt a bit over-the-top.
Yapha
Nov 07, 2015 Yapha rated it really liked it
Judy Moody has set a personal goal that she will be in a good mood for one full week. No roaring. No yelling at her brother. No fighting with Jessica (Fink Face) Finch. It is much, much harder then she expected. Plus, all her friends think she has been replaced by an alien. Luckily, she has the finger knitting to help calm her down. Can she do it? Recommended for grades 1-3.
Ann
Dec 30, 2014 Ann rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-lit
I started this book on a whim while bored at work and then couldn't put it down?? The story and characters are quirky and hilarious with a warm fuzzy message. The style is really fun and I could see it being really entertaining for middle grade readers, I laughed out loud a couple of times and was actually smiling through much of the book, such a fun romp.
Courtney Umlauf
See my review of the Judy Moody series as a whole here.

**For basic reading comprehension questions for this book, check out my Teachers Pay Teachers store.**
John Yingling
Dec 11, 2014 John Yingling rated it it was amazing
Judy and her friends and family always brighten my day. Peter Reynolds' wonderful illustrations add to the fun and pleasure of reading these books. This particular title has many witticisms that are not only a treat for children, but for us adults as well. I anxiously look forward to the next title in this delightful series.
Sharie
Jan 13, 2016 Sharie rated it really liked it
Shelves: 15f, reading-level-es
Continues to be a great series.

Controlling your mood - not letting it affect the others around you. Finding ways to get out of your funk.

Life skills many need, especially girls as they might come upon moody years very early.
Daena Parmenter
Judy Moody was trying to be good. It was hard for her. She liked to make chains out of yarn. It made her happy. I also liked it that Judy's cat was named MOUSE! I have all the Jusy Moody books now. I got them for Christmas
Nanci Booher
Sep 01, 2016 Nanci Booher rated it really liked it
The girls at school are crazy about Judy Moody. So much so that they know when the newest titles are coming out. Imagine their surprise when I had the jump on them. Another great story by Megan McDonald and surely a must add to the collection title!
Chris
Jul 07, 2015 Chris rated it really liked it
Judy Moody is a riot...but even funnier is her brother, Stink. It was fun getting reacquainted with Judy, her family, her friends, and her antics in this 12th book of a really wonderful series. Keep 'em coming, Ms. McDonald!
R. Brian Williams
Awesome

Judy Moody keeps getting better and better every time. BEEP BEEP BOO BOO BOP WALLA WALLA WASHINGTON.
the end :)
Matthew Angorn
Feb 24, 2015 Matthew Angorn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book

I liked the hole book

This was incredible

I liked this book so much I finished it in one day
Alexa
Aug 08, 2014 Alexa rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-books
Judy Moody works on self-regulation, which is not presented in a preachy way. Fun tie-in to finger knitting for librarians!
Anna Branson
Feb 15, 2015 Anna Branson rated it really liked it
Sophia Distefano
Aug 07, 2016 Sophia Distefano rated it it was amazing
I liked this book because she was funny. Her A word was... Antarctica !
That is why I like this book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Just Grace Gets Crafty (Just Grace, #12)
  • Danger in the Darkest Hour (Magic Tree House Super Edition #1)
  • Secrets of the Garden: Food Chains and the Food Web in Our Backyard
  • Isabella's Garden
  • Good Crooks Book One: Missing Monkey!
  • Little Red Quacking Hood (Princess Pink and the Land of Fake Believe #2)
  • Sneaky Art: Crafty Surprises to Hide in Plain Sight
  • Ivy and Bean Make the Rules (Ivy and Bean, #9)
  • 3D Art Lab for Kids: 32 Hands-on Adventures in Sculpture and Mixed Media - Including fun projects using clay, plaster, cardboard, paper, fiber beads and more!
  • Farmer Will Allen and the Growing Table
  • Emma and the Blue Genie
  • Galaxy Zack: Hello, Nebulon
  • The Mystery at the Fair (Boxcar Children Mystery & Activities Specials #6) (Boxcar Children Special)
  • Who Was Rosa Parks?
  • Stella Batts Needs a New Name (Stella Batts, #1)
  • Knit Your Bit: A World War I Story
  • Ready to Wear (Sew Zoey, #1)
  • Miss Maple's Seeds
"Sometimes I think I am Judy Moody," says Megan McDonald, author of the Judy Moody series, the Stink series, and THE SISTERS CLUB. "I'm certainly moody, like she is. Judy has a strong voice and always speaks up for herself. I like that."

For Megan McDonald, being able to speak up for herself wasn't always easy. She grew up as the youngest of five sisters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Her father, an
More about Megan McDonald...

Judy Moody (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Judy Moody (Judy Moody, # 1)
  • Judy Moody Gets Famous! (Judy Moody, #2)
  • Judy Moody Saves The World! (Judy Moody, #3)
  • Judy Moody Predicts the Future (Judy Moody, #4)
  • Judy Moody, M.D.: The Doctor is In! (Judy Moody #5)
  • Judy Moody Declares Independence (Judy Moody #6)
  • Judy Moody: Around the World in 8 1/2 Days (Judy Moody #7)
  • Judy Moody Goes to College (Judy Moody, #8)
  • Judy Moody, Girl Detective (Judy Moody, #9)
  • Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer (Judy Moody, #10)