Start by marking “Peter and the Starcatcher (Acting Edition)” as Want to Read:
Peter and the Starcatcher (Acting Edition)

Peter and the Starcatcher (Acting Edition)

The hilarious script for the Broadway play Peter and the Starcatcher is in the perfect format for performers and theater lovers. Actors will relish the opportunity to perfect the complex dialogue while fans of the play will delight in the humor and intricacies of the text.
Published October 14th 2014 by Disney Editions

To ask other readers questions about Peter and the Starcatcher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peter and the Starcatcher

Brian
Oct 04, 2016 Brian rated it really liked it
I saw “Peter and the Starcatcher “on Broadway with the original cast and it was a great time in the theatre. Christian Borle’s performance as Black Stache was stellar in many many ways. It is a play that is much more enjoyable in performance than it is in reading.
I liked the experience of reading this text, but to truly appreciate what Rick Elice (the playwright) has done here you really need to see it performed. And performed well. The myriad amounts of word play, verbal humor, etc. comes acros
Katherine
Dec 06, 2015 Katherine rated it it was amazing
I read the play before I read the books. This is one of the best plays I've read. It's hilarious, highly theatrical, and brilliant in it's storytelling. I read it in one full go while my daughter fell asleep on a four hour flight from Austin to Seattle. I laughed out loud, I cried, and my head is still spinning with wonder.
Lindsay Andros
Nov 07, 2016 Lindsay Andros rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, 2016, drama
Full disclosure: The high school in which I teach is doing this for their fall drama this year. We did the read-through today, and it's a lot of fun! Hilarious and touching, with allusions abound. It's also, however, confusing, and not all of it makes complete sense. Can't wait to see this onstage.
Lyric
Nov 10, 2015 Lyric rated it it was amazing
Stellar twist on the origin story of Peter Pan. Would love to see a production of this. It sounds like it would be expensive to produce, but lovely to see unfold before your eyes. I may have to pick up the novel next.
Kyra
I don't even know what to do with this... like I want to love it because it's Peter Pan but I found it kind of... cheap... almost. I'm seeing the show in a few weeks, so we'll see how it translates to stage.
Domenic
Jun 05, 2016 Domenic rated it really liked it
Overall this is much better paced than the book upon which it is based. Most of the deviations from the original story make this work superior, until the last ten or so pages
Misti
Aug 13, 2016 Misti rated it liked it
I had difficulty getting through this play. It started out funny, but just seemed cheesy after awhile.
Xanda P
Xanda P rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2016
Eva Friedman
Eva Friedman rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2016
Kit Veerkamp
Kit Veerkamp rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2015
Nick
Nick rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2016
Kym
Kym rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2015
Emma
Emma rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2015
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2016
Krissey
Krissey rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2014
Mark Johnson
Mark Johnson rated it it was ok
Sep 01, 2016
Gordon
Gordon rated it liked it
Dec 11, 2015
Greg Pernicone
Greg Pernicone rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2016
Erik Wagner
Erik Wagner rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2014
Sara
Sara rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2015
Krista
Krista rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2016
Lianna Bessette
Lianna Bessette rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2016
Julianna
Julianna rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
May 08, 2016
Mike Fynan
Mike Fynan rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2015
Samantha Carpin
Samantha Carpin rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2016
Steve
Steve rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2016
Kara Coffey
Aug 15, 2016 Kara Coffey rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down (literally- I finished it in 23 hours)
Brad Paulling
Brad Paulling rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2016