Start by marking “Lucky Peach Issue 11: All You Can Eat” as Want to Read:
Lucky Peach Issue 11: All You Can Eat

Lucky Peach Issue 11: All You Can Eat

Lucky Peach is a quarterly journal of food and writing. Each issue focuses on a single theme, and explores that theme through essays, art, photography, and recipes.

Issue 11 is our ALL YOU CAN EAT issue. We eat and eat and eat some more: at a country club in Boca Raton, at a series of wedding feasts in the Republic of Georgia, in the parking lot outside of the Iron Bowl. We
Published May 20th 2014 by Lucky Peach

To ask other readers questions about Lucky Peach Issue 11, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucky Peach Issue 11

Hans
Jun 14, 2014 Hans rated it it was amazing
This one is packed to the gills like a never-ending country club buffet (see pg. 100 to kick off that culinary career at a country club).

Thanks to Lucky Peach, I learned that:
1. Horses have three toes.
2. Sex parties often feature buffets.
3. Aramark's 2005 contract for providing food to prisoners in Indiana breaks down to $3.717 per prisoner per day. That includes the cost of materials (food) *and* labor.
4. Prison food in Indiana does not taste good. (See #3)

Really appreciate how Lucky Peach cr
Sammi Lim
Jan 12, 2016 Sammi Lim rated it really liked it
Arielle
Jul 10, 2014 Arielle rated it it was amazing
God, this was a good issue. I got really excited about almost every article, with the exception (unfortunately) of Sadie Stein's piece about eyes bigger than her stomach, which seemed disjointed and poorly edited. The one about prison food, particularly, was absolutely fascinating, and the one about swinger parties I wished could have been like six pages longer.
waits4thebus
Aug 18, 2014 waits4thebus rated it really liked it
Shelves: food-writing
This magazine gets better each issue. The articles were tighter - and spaced well between the short- and long-form. Great layout. I loved the interspersed cartoons and art, as always. One of my favorite food-writing diversions from my regular reading selections whenever an issue arrives.
Aileen
Jun 16, 2014 Aileen rated it it was amazing
Best issue of LP since I started my subscription. The pieces about the Georgian supra, Québécois cuisine culture, prison food is shit, and food scarcity stand out. Fuschia Dunlop's article is quality, as always.
Jill
Aug 31, 2014 Jill rated it really liked it
I particularly enjoyed the piece Wedding Crasher by Gideon Lewis-Kraus, which gave me all sorts of giggles.
Robert Hudder
May 12, 2015 Robert Hudder rated it liked it
This is issue was okay. Got an idea for a post on Beaver (don't ask) and found a recipe from Prune that I didn't copy but wished I had. So, that means I'm only a year behind on keeping up with LP.
Alexandra Sundarsingh
Nov 06, 2015 Alexandra Sundarsingh rated it really liked it
Possibly my favourite issue. Chock full of info, and I was *obsessed* with the feature on Quebecois eating.
Kristina Harper
Feb 25, 2016 Kristina Harper rated it really liked it
All you can ear -- that conjures up all kinds of images, and this issue conjured up all kinds of stories around this theme. One of th more enjoyable issues, it was full of good stuff.
Bernard Lavallée
Bernard Lavallée rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2015
Linda Smith
Linda Smith rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2015
sshhaauunn
sshhaauunn rated it really liked it
May 26, 2014
Andy Larisch
Andy Larisch rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Jane
Jane rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2015
Florence Mccambridge
Florence Mccambridge rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2014
Andrew
Andrew rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2015
Azarakhsh
Azarakhsh rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2015
Karin Russell
Karin Russell rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2015
Jables
Jables rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2015
Ben
Ben rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2015
Sarah rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2014
Timothy Mayfield
Timothy Mayfield rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2015
Kim
Kim rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2014
Marina Vidal
Marina Vidal rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2016
Tania
Tania rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2015
John Naffke
John Naffke rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2015
Victor
Victor rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2014
Lynn Doan
Lynn Doan rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2014
Skye
Skye rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2016
J. Pizzala
J. Pizzala rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2014