Start by marking “A Frontier Christmas (Christmas, #4)” as Want to Read:
A Frontier Christmas (Christmas, #4)

A Frontier Christmas (Christmas #4)

From two of America's bestselling western writers comes a heart-racing story of frontier justice, pioneer spirit, and one town's last-chance miracle. . .

Three weeks before Christmas, the little town of Chug Water in Wyoming Territory is stunned by a brutal crime. The mayor's family has been slaughtered in cold blood on their ranch outside of Raw Hide Butte. As the townsfol
Published October 28th 2014 by Pinnacle

To ask other readers questions about A Frontier Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Frontier Christmas

Pages: 416
Year: 2014
Publisher: Pinnacle
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Frontier-Christ...
This is a simply heartwarming story set in the west with characters that I am familiar with, being a fan of Johnstone books. However, whether you are familiar with the characters or authors matters not as readers will be engrossed not just in the budding romance between Meagan and Duff, but the action with increasing tension will keep
Teri-k
Jan 06, 2016 Teri-k rated it liked it
Clean historical Western, with a touch of romance. It reminded me of those TV Westerns we used to watch, where the good guys are noble and upright, the bad guys are really nasty and all the women are kind and compassionate. And very patient with their men. lol

I enjoyed this old-fashioned story. There are some gunfights and bank robberies, with no sex involved. Refreshing.
Meghan
Dec 19, 2014 Meghan rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
What a lovely, westernly, bloody, and crazy Christmas novel! I actually liked it once I got to know the characters, since I didn't know this is the 4th book of The "Christmas" Series. I liked Sal the rough and tumble Saloon Gal, stuck with the Outlaws. I also loved the Irishman Duff who seems invincible with guns, a sharp shooter! And there is also a sweet supernatural entity in the mix too! A great blend of themes and characters! A unique Christmas Story for me!
Mark Luongo
Dec 09, 2015 Mark Luongo rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Western fiction fans
Recommended to Mark by: other titles in the series
With Christmas in the title you would think this would be a benign tale. But you'd be mistaken. The Jensens and Duff MacCallister find themselves in the midst of a diphtheria epidemic, despicable outlaws and harsh weather on the Wyoming frontier in this story. You can feel the chill in the air, smell the gun smoke and saddle leather. Like other titles by this author it is a page turner and you're afraid to put it down.
Ron Hartley
Jan 19, 2016 Ron Hartley rated it liked it
I read this book some time ago. It is your typical Smoke Jensen Story. Yes we all know they are basically ''recipe'' books and you can predict what is going to happen next. But they are always quick reads and entertaining.

We need more western writers out there and should be happy that these books are being written.
Tome Addiction
Dec 25, 2015 Tome Addiction rated it it was amazing
Shelves: western
If you like Western's don't start reading the MacCallister series unless you plan to read them all. They are like trying to eat one Cheeto in a bag of Cheetos, just down right addicting.
Julie Barrett
Jan 16, 2015 Julie Barrett rated it really liked it
A Frontier Christmas by William W. Johnstone with JA Johnstone
This family saga finds Smoke, Sally and Matt enjoying the holiday season at Fort Russell on their travels to sell horses to the government.
Book also follows the investigation of a murder, a whole family and who's to blame and their travels to keep themselves hidden away.
Duff MacAllister who works for Smoke on the ranch goes after the mayor's relatives killers and finds them and brings them to trial. They do escape but are put into ano
PWRL
Sep 08, 2016 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zzz2016-sep-new
A
Paula-O
Jan 02, 2016 Paula-O rated it it was amazing
William W Johnstone wrote A Frontier Christmas

I have been reading this author and his Christmas stories and falling in love with the way he wrote and the characters that he brought to life for us to enjoy. He is gone now but I thank God his stories will still be read and enjoyed for a long time to come.

This story was about Chugwater in Wyoming and the evil that visited there one day and destroyed the Mayor and his family.
Three friendly travlers(Smoke-Sally and Matt Jensen) rode into town to spe
Kathryn
Like the previous 3 books in this Christmas series, I enjoyed this whole-heartedly. It deserves 4 and a half stars. It was so nice to visit with many of the same people who I have visited the past few years. I look forward to reading the next book in the series next holiday season and hope it will contain a=the Christmas wedding of Meaghan and Duff.
LeeAnn
Dec 30, 2015 LeeAnn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: western
Decent but Not Outstanding

While I enjoyed this Christmas adventure featuring the Jensen family friend, Duff MacCallister, I didn't feel it was as engaging a tale as previous Christmas books in series. It might have been the intentionally inept outlaws or perhaps because it lacked tension, things got resolved rather easily. Hoping this year's tale (2015) is better.
Linda
Dec 17, 2014 Linda rated it liked it
A small town in Wyoming Territory has been quarantined by a diphtheria outbreak. When serum is to be brought from Cheyenne, outlaws find out about it and decide to ransom the medicine to the town. Duff MacCallister won’t stand for this and goes after the outlaws and the medicine.

Jeremy Macdonald
Dec 05, 2014 Jeremy Macdonald rated it it was amazing
I love these Christmas reads. They are heart warming and exciting and this one didn't disappoint yet again. Can't wait for next years. Recommend to everyone that reads Johnstone to pick this one up . You will not regret it.
Jerry Blackerby
Nov 10, 2015 Jerry Blackerby rated it it was amazing
The 4th book in the Christmas series is typically a great book, as are all of the Johnstone books. This one was very interesting because of a series disease outbreak affecting one of the towns in the book and the characters. I loved the book as I do all of Johnstone’s books.
Lynn Grier
Dec 29, 2014 Lynn Grier rated it really liked it
I won Frontier Christmas thru Goodreads. Thank you very much for allowing me to read this book. This was my first William W Johnstone book. I thoroughly loved reading this book and would read more of his books.
Daphne Lewis
Jan 01, 2015 Daphne Lewis rated it really liked it
Shelves: j
A fun Colorado Christmas story which takes place in an earlier time. Adventure, love, crime, and help from unseen sources create a wonderful tale for the holiday season.
DONALD J ROBBINS
DONALD J ROBBINS rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2015
Yvonne
Yvonne rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2015
thomas dye
thomas dye rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2016
Jean Stephens
Jean Stephens rated it it was ok
Apr 27, 2016
Chuck
Chuck rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2016
Melanie
Melanie rated it it was ok
Jan 18, 2015
Louise Seligman
Louise Seligman rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2016
Sherman Lawson
Sherman Lawson rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2016
Tiffany Obray
Tiffany Obray rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2014
Chuck Stoehr
Chuck Stoehr rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Daniel James Messier
Daniel James Messier rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2016
Richard
Richard rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2014
James Dyson
James Dyson rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2014
mel toland
mel toland rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Devil's Badland (The Loner, #2)
  • The Killing Season (Trail of  the Gunfighter, #2)
  • Glorious: A Novel of the American West
  • The Pumpkin Rollers
  • Long Knife
  • Road to Reckoning: A Novel
  • Red Cloud's Revenge: Showdown On The Northern Plains, 1867
  • Brides of Prairie Gold (Dangerous Men, #2)
  • Destry Rides Again
  • Christmas in Cornwall
20852
William Wallace Johnstone was a prolific American author, mostly of western, horror and survivalist novels.

Born and raised in southern Missouri, Johnstone was the youngest of four children. His father was a minister and his mother a school teacher. He quit school when he was fifteen and worked in a carnival and as a deputy sheriff. He later served in the Army and, upon returning to civilian life,
More about William W. Johnstone...

Christmas (6 books)
  • A Lone Star Christmas (Christmas, #1)
  • A Rocky Mountain Christmas (Christmas, #2)
  • A Big Sky Christmas (Christmas, #3)
  • A Texas Hill Country Christmas (Christmas, #5)
  • A Colorado Christmas