Start by marking “Baked Occasions: Desserts for Leisure Activities, Holidays, and Informal Celebrations” as Want to Read:

Celebrating a year in desserts, BAKED’s beloved duo Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito offer cookies, puddings, whoopie pies, cakes, brownies, and more to commemorate holidays both expected and unexpected. Rum-infused Hair of the Dog Cake for New Year’s Day and Peanut Butter Sheet Cake for Texas Independence Day join Praline Ice Cream Cake for Mardi Gras, Chocolate Pop Tarts ...more
Published October 7th 2014 by Stewart, Tabori and Chang

To ask other readers questions about Baked Occasions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baked Occasions

Linda
Jul 21, 2015 Linda rated it liked it
The gorgeous picture pulled me in and I enjoyed going through it. The authors love to find reasons to bake and these are some of the more unusual items plus their standbys sold at their Brooklyn bakery.
I'd love to visit, I'll at least be checking to see if they have mail order. Yum.

It sounds like the authors had the recipes home tested, always important since you can't be sure you can duplicate professional style food.

The Chocolate Chip Hush Puppies, the Nutella Cookies and the Buttery Pound Ca
Kate
Mar 27, 2015 Kate rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Baked Occasions has some interesting recipes. Most of them are slightly unconventional which is great but, because of that (and the $35.00 price tag), I'd really like to see a picture of EVERY recipe. I don't want to go out and buy a bunch of ingredients without knowing what my outcome should look like. A perfect example: it would be nice to see a picture of something called, "Ugly but Good" cookies.

Note: Most of the recipes do have pictures but I'd really like a photo for each one.
Angie
Nov 22, 2015 Angie rated it it was amazing
I love it! The styling is so beautiful and the recipes are well written. Many of the recipes use repeated flavors (I am very happy with this turn of events!). Expect to see a lot of chocolate, citrus, walnut, coconut, cream cheese, and peanut butter throughout the book. I am especially excited to try the cookie recipes
Stephanie Baker
Dec 23, 2014 Stephanie Baker rated it liked it
I wish I had an occasion to make some of these. I wish each recipe had a picture as they all sound so good.
Oct 27, 2014 Sarah rated it really liked it
Of the four books, this is one of the best. I still think the original is my favorite, but this might come in second. I have so many recipes bookmarked to make!
Hélène
Hélène rated it really liked it
May 12, 2015
CHRISSY
CHRISSY rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2014
Silke
Silke rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2014
Daniel T Young
Daniel T Young rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2016
Adela Mou
Adela Mou rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2016
Gina
Gina rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2015
Megan
Megan rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2014
Erin
Erin rated it really liked it
May 04, 2015
Alessandra Simonetta
Alessandra Simonetta rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2015
Jennie
Jennie rated it liked it
Nov 27, 2016
Ena
Ena rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2016
Angie Tylee
Angie Tylee rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2016
Pharlain Ross
Pharlain Ross rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2015
Marla
Marla rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2014
Stacie
Stacie rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2015
Ady Grafovna
Ady Grafovna rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2016
Nellie
Nellie rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2014
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2015
Tony Stevenson
Tony Stevenson rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2016
Jess
Jess rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2016
Jaimie
Jaimie rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Love & Flour
Love & Flour rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2015
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2015