Start by marking “Her Scottish Captor (Highland Mist, #1)” as Want to Read:
Her Scottish Captor (Highland Mist, #1)

Her Scottish Captor (Highland Mist #1)

Iain MacKinnon hates all things English. The laird of his clan, tragedy has turned Iain into a ruthless warrior who is determined to avenge the brutal murder of his twin brother at the hands of a villainous English earl. To collect on the blood debt, Iain kidnaps the daughter of his sworn enemy and holds her for ransom.

Lady Yvette Beauchamp has heard many a fearful tale a
Published January 31st 2014 by Kate Wingo

To ask other readers questions about Her Scottish Captor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Scottish Captor

Vanessa Abel
Jan 02, 2015 Vanessa Abel rated it liked it
Doesn't series suggest more than one book?

I liked the story, I even liked the characters. I liked them So much I immediately searched for book two. Well apparently there's not another book. I want know what happened to the sister!!!
Lana
Nov 20, 2016 Lana rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books
Fabulous period piece, love story, semi erotic. The book kept me interested and was a great read. Like to read the second book in the future.

A noble English woman, Yvette who is captured by the Laird Iain McKinnon a Scotsman a King in his own Land. Their relationship goes hot and cold and neither want to express their true feelings for the other and two people from different kingdoms have difficulty with each others customs. Typical love story that has it's ups and downs. One of the things I lik
Diana's
Nov 30, 2016 Diana's rated it really liked it
3.5 stars!!
Melissa
Lady Yvette Beauchamp, now a widow, is facing her second marriage again arranged by her father for political reasons. This time to a Scottish Earl old enough to be her grandfather. While out for a walk on the castle grounds she is kidnapped by a fearsome band of Highlanders. The group leader and Laird of the clan Iain MacKinnon has one intention toward Yvette, to kill her. Obviously that doesn't happen even though she sorely tries his patience at times.
Laird Iain MacKinnon kidnaps the Lady Yvett
Lori Fountain
Aug 18, 2014 Lori Fountain rated it really liked it
Finally, a good solid story line, not shallow fluff. I've been spoiled by Mya Banks' highland books and have been looking for a highland romance with an engaging storyline. Though Scottish pride did play a big part in the book, it was not the sole conflict. I've grown tired of books in which a misunderstanding drags on and on and on.
However, at first the hero was so barbarous (he cut her long braid of hair!!) I did not think there could ever a romance bloom. Yet, the story did slowly bloom in to
Sandy Digger
Apr 19, 2016 Sandy Digger rated it really liked it
Very good

This was the story of Iain and Yvette and the trials women of that time went through being treated like chattel. Yvette is being married off yet again to an old earl of his choosing for what he will gain from it. When Yvette goes for a walk, she is captured by Iain, a highlander looking for revenge. It seems Yvette's father killed Iain's twin brother, Kenneth. The story goes on to tell of everything Yvette goes through and the eventual love that develops between the two. I would recomme
Lisa C.
Aug 30, 2014 Lisa C. rated it it was ok
I read historical romances to lose myself for a couple of hours, hopefully with a decently written book. Not the case here. There's some talent hidden among the coarsely written sex scenes but it was well hidden. The fact that Iian was aroused nearly the whole story just couldn't get me to take things seriously. Some gross historical inaccuracies in speech and grammatical errors would have been taken care of by an editor.
Sally Hannoush
Sep 04, 2014 Sally Hannoush rated it really liked it
While I enjoyed reading this novel it was a bit long winded for my tastes. I liked the scenes but felt they were drawn out more than they should have been. I admired all the troubles and revenge present as well as still having a matter of respect between the main characters.I do want to know what happened to all that gold. he-he This was a lovely love story to follow.
Cindy Woods
Mar 30, 2015 Cindy Woods rated it really liked it
Very good book

Well written and wonderful characters aplenty. This is an endearingly sweet and adventurous story. The conversations were exceptional. There is a lot of great moments in the story. Some tearful situations as well as very humorous ones. A good balance. Would highly recommend.
Christina
Dec 09, 2014 Christina rated it it was amazing
An enjoyable read!

I really enjoyed reading Her Scottish Captor. I very much look forward to reading the next installment. I highly recommend this book, and will definitely read more Kate Wingo writes.
Olivia
Oct 19, 2014 Olivia rated it it was amazing
I highly enjoyed this book. It had action, heartache, romance, a little humor, and hot scots in kilts (need I really say more?). I'm definitely glad that I decided to read it, and I would absolutely recommend this book. <3
Florencia
Jan 15, 2015 Florencia rated it it was amazing
Great Story!!!!!

First time I read a book by this author,and I'm so glad I did!!! The story was spell bounding, fast paced, and full of passion!!! Can't wait to read more of her books!!!!

Yaritza Trevino
Loved it

Sad there wasn't a second book following the story of Ian's sister and his cousin. Would have continued reading the books.
Connie
Jan 22, 2015 Connie rated it really liked it
A great love story. To start on the edge of a blade, a country torn, and vengeance for a death. I cannot wait for the next book to come out.
Crystal
Sep 23, 2015 Crystal rated it liked it
Shelves: soft-copy, 3-star
It was a really enjoyable read. I liked the characters and the story line was good.Some of the scenes seemed a little rushed to me, especially when the King was talking.
Sue Read
Sue Read rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2016
Cher
Cher rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2016
helen
helen rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2016
Jamie
Jamie rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2016
Desa
Desa rated it really liked it
May 21, 2015
Mayra Frias
Mayra Frias rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2015
Kirstin
Kirstin rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2015
Danielle Hunt
Danielle Hunt rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2015
Penny Martinez
Penny Martinez rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2015
Margarita Felix
Margarita Felix rated it really liked it
Nov 05, 2014
Aeriel
Aeriel rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2014
Brynne
Brynne rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2015
Nancy P
Nancy P rated it it was ok
Oct 05, 2015
Lucy
Lucy rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2014
florence smalley
florence smalley rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2015
  • The Renegade and the Rose (Renegade, Rebel and Rogue, #1)
  • The Knight (Highland Guard, #7.5)
  • Defiant Passion
  • The Highlander's Prize (The Sutherlands, #1)
  • Betrothal (Time Enough To Love, #1)
  • Unspoken (The MacLauchlans, #1)
  • Bold (The Handfasting, #1)
  • One Knight's Bargain (Knights of the Temple, #3)
  • Scandal at Dawn (Regency Rhapsody, #2)
  • The Highland Bride's Choice (Campbell Sisters, #1)
  • The Kindling Heart (Highland Heather and Hearts Scottish Romance #1)
  • Highland Seer (Highland Talents, #2)
  • Captured by the Pirate Laird (Highland Force, #1)
  • Mist Warrior   (Legacy of the Mist Clans #1)
  • Highland Barbarian (Highlander, #1)
  • Little Miss Independent
  • Angel of Skye (MacPherson Clan, #1)
  • Wild Angel (The O'Byrne Brides Series, #1)
Kate Wingo is the pseudonym of a two-time Golden Heart finalist. Born in Washington DC, she graduated from George Mason University with a degree in art history. Although Kate began her writing career in the romance genre, she switched gears several years ago, making the leap to thrillers. Having recently completed an esoteric thriller series for Penguin UK and previously Berkley Publishing, she ...more
More about Kate Wingo...

“I have lived long enough to know that if ye put yer hope in the future, those hopes will eventually bite you in the arse.” 1 likes
“me” 0 likes