Start by marking “Cindy and the Prince” as Want to Read:
Cindy and the Prince

Cindy and the Prince (Legendary Lovers #1)

3.77  ·  Rating Details  ·  189 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Fairy tales can come true

Thorndike Prince—handsome and successful—is a high-ranking New York City executive.

Cindy Territo is the janitor who cleans his office after hours.

There's no reason they'd ever meet, no reason he'd even notice her—until, on a whim and a dare, Cindy crashes his company's Christmas ball. She dances with her Prince and sends his usually unshakable h
Paperback
Published February 2014 by Harlequin (first published December 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Cindy and the Prince, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cindy and the Prince

Marianne
May 26, 2014 Marianne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cindy and the Prince is the first book in the Legendary Lovers series by popular American author, Debbie Macomber. Cindy Territo, janitor of executive offices. Thorndike Prince, high-ranking NYC executive. A match made in heaven? Cindy doesn’t think so. She cleans his offices after hours and has seen the photo of the pretty brunette on his desk. But when Cindy rescues an invitation to his company Christmas Ball from the trash can, her idea is to see if he could be her Prince Charming. And the at ...more
Kristi
Jan 05, 2016 Kristi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jan-uary-2016
This story is just so amazing. The characters were just so easy to read and fall in love with. just everything about this story I loved. I forgot how much I love this author. she's an amazing writer. I love fairy tale retellings. This retelling is kind of like Cinderella which is one of my favorites. this is just a quick and easy fall in love with story that should be read by many. I love it.
Andge (Down the Rabbit Hole)
Re-read

Cindy and the Prince may be a bit of an old story, but since when has a modernized retelling of the Cinderella tale ever feel outdated? The answer is, it doesn't. Likewise, this story feels as old as time with its theme of magical chance meetings of two people, and falling in love against all odds.

Sure, the story isn't necessarily realistic. Some fancy rich guy way up there in the business and social world to fall for some lady who cleans up his office? Yeah, given he didn't know that par
Debbie Heaton
Mar 10, 2014 Debbie Heaton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Macomber’s romance novel, Thorndike Prince is everything a woman dreams of—handsome, successful, and wealthy. Cindy Territo is the janitor that cleans his office after hours while dreaming of meeting him. On a whim, she crashes the New York City executives Christmas ball. Her dream comes true as she dances with him all the while igniting his desire. In proper princess protocol, she flees at midnight unaware that this simple janitor has captured his heart.

What a romantic tale!

Jessica Cockrum
I don't normally do the romance book thing, but this one looked like it could be cute. Not so! It was horrible. More angsty than a locker room full of teenage girls, despite taking place between older characters. It came off as whiney and unbelievable and I honestly hated it.
Veronica
I had a hard time getting through this. I love the story of Cinderella, but I was annoyed with the writing and the stupidity of Cindy. I like Macomber's newer works much better. A bit of language and some passionate kissing, but pretty clean.
Jennifer Lynn
Jan 14, 2014 Jennifer Lynn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
just a take on Cinderella. Cute and easy read
Barbara
Very good book about poor Cindy who cleaned Thorne Prince's executive office. The Christmas Ball was perfect for Cinderella to meet her Prince Charming. They fell in love and all the differences in their lives couldn't keep them apart. They married and, hopefully, will live happy ever after!
Maureen
Jan 09, 2012 Maureen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
I usually like Debbie Macomber books - sweet stories, easy reads. This plot line, however, was a bit far-fetched, even for the hopeless romantic in me. If this had been the first Macomber book I had ever read, it would likely be the last as well.
Cotton candy-- sheer sugary fluff without enough substance to make a "willing suspension of disbelief" possible, leaving the equivalent mental sensations of fuzzy mouth and aching stomach.
Kelly
May 07, 2012 Kelly rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Give me a break - really? This story shouldn't be listed as a romance but as a fairy tale. It was so sappy that I could not even finish the story. I stopped after the third chapter.
Becky
Jun 24, 2008 Becky rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adultbooks
I almost didn't finish this because it just isn't as good as her other books-not enough depth to the plot or enough surprises in the story. You just knew what was going to happen.
Kim Hampton
May 01, 2014 Kim Hampton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Predictable, but very romantic nonetheless. A light, entertaining read.
Christine
Jan 04, 2011 Christine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book because it reminded me of the Cinderella story. It would be a goodreads for a older teenager.
Lorraine Shaw
Jan 30, 2016 Lorraine Shaw rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok
Delia
Sep 10, 2008 Delia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Cute little story.....
Maid in Manhattan came to mind when I started reading...
Alice
May 20, 2012 Alice rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very much like the fairy tale with a twist
Alex
It was very amateurish for me
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Susan Illo-Adamou
Susan Illo-Adamou marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2016
Misty
Misty marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2016
Carey
Carey marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2016
Julie A. Crouse
Julie A. Crouse marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2016
Julie A. Crouse
Julie A. Crouse marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2016
Cathy
Cathy rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2016
Nicole Richard
Nicole Richard marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2016
Jenna Kolesari
Jenna Kolesari marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
Deb
Deb rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2016
  • The Doctor Takes a Princess (Harlequin Special Edition)
  • LoveSpell (Spellbound Trilogy, #0.5)
  • The M.D. She Had To Marry (Bravo Family, #6) (Conveniently Yours, #6)
  • Welcome Back to Apple Grove (Small Town USA #3)
  • The Glass Shoe (Once Upon a Time, #2)
  • The Bride and the Bargain
  • The Baby Discovery (Bachelor Dads, #3)
  • Once Upon a Dream (The Montegu Family, #2)
  • The Bachelor Prince
  • The Savakis Mistress (Modern Romance, #889)
  • The Millionaire and the Glass Slipper
  • Cinderella Lewat Tengah Malam (Cinderella After Midnight)
  • The Doctor's Wife
  • The Princess and the Cowboy
  • The Sicilian's Virgin Bride
  • Outlaw's Bride (The Western Sky Series, #1)
  • Abducted by a Prince (Cinderella Sisterhood, #3)
  • The Healing Quilt (The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club, #3)
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 950 weeks on the New York Times ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...

Legendary Lovers (3 books)
  • Some Kind of Wonderful