Start by marking “Bink and Gollie: The Completely Marvelous Collection” as Want to Read:
Bink and Gollie: The Completely Marvelous Collection

Bink and Gollie: The Completely Marvelous Collection (Bink & Gollie #1-3)

Collect the complete — and completely marvelous! — Bink & Gollie series in a boxed set bonanza.

Whether exploring the wonders of the state fair, attempting to set a world record, or just relaxing with some pancakes and peanut butter, Bink and Gollie are irresistibly witty, imaginative, and adventurous — just the sort of friends young readers love. Now, in a boxed set, k
Paperback
Published October 14th 2014 by Candlewick Press

Jessica Cain
Dec 08, 2014 Jessica Cain rated it it was amazing
Summary and Critique:
Another tale of an unlikely friendship, this story shows how two very different girls adventure through life together as best friends. As they pass through three stories, the reader sees how opposites really do attract. This is an excellent gateway into a lesson about opposites. Have students compete to see who can come up with “the most opposite opposite”. I loved this book because DiCamillo did an excellent job showing how the two girls are complete opposites just by heari
Paula
Apr 13, 2016 Paula rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
This was a delightful children's series. I read these books with my 8 year old son who has recently decided that Kate DiCamillo is his favorite author. Book 2 (Two for One) was our favorite. It was wonderful and had us laughing out loud. The ribbon that Bink wore after the Whack a Duck game was just priceless. My son didn't really connect with book 3 (Best Friends Forever). I had to explain the humor to him. It was still a cute read though. I highly recommend this series to young readers.
Michelle
May 09, 2014 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Fabulous fun with a pair of adventurous friends who learn to work together and accept each other's foibles. The spare text for emergent readers is illuminated wonderfully by the illustrations which flesh out the story and characters with great humor. Although some words would be a serious challenge for early readers it's still every bit deserving of the Geisel Award it received. There is a perfect balance between word and pictures, and an interesting and humorous plot.
Lora
Okay, so I haven't actually read the last book in the series yet, but I am already sold! These are more chapter books by Kate DiCamillo and they are wonderful. The characters, Bink and Gollie, and the quirkiest, funniest set of best friends you'll ever want to meet. I get excited when Lucy wants to read them. :)
Michelle L.
Jul 09, 2015 Michelle L. rated it it was amazing
Kate DiCamillo picture books! Tony Fucile's illustrations bring these two cute and opposite-looking friends together for the carefree adventures of childhood. The illustrations make you want to look at these books over and over.
Jane
Nov 03, 2014 Jane added it
My boy enjoyed it, but it was a bit young or easy for him.

We've loved everything we've read by Kate DiCamillo, so am hopeful about this too.
Jennifer King
Jennifer King rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2016
Miss Sarah
Feb 04, 2015 Miss Sarah rated it liked it
Pretty good stories, they are silly stories, with good illustrations very good.
Lisa Crawford
Lisa Crawford rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2015
Megan
Megan rated it really liked it
May 08, 2014
Kevin Mcdonough
Kevin Mcdonough rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2014
Julie
Julie rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2015
Adrianne Whitney
Adrianne Whitney rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2016
Maia
Maia rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2014
Robyn
Robyn rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2014
Ruby
Ruby rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2014
Sara Solomon Price
Sara Solomon Price rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2016
Erika
Erika rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2015
Diana Conner
May 12, 2014 Diana Conner rated it liked it
Great early reader
Gayle
Gayle rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2015
SaraJane
SaraJane rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2014
Kimberley
Kimberley rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2014
Natasha Stanton
Natasha Stanton rated it liked it
Feb 25, 2015
Jennifer Stewart
Jennifer Stewart rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2015
Liz
Liz rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2014
Cailyn Hua
Cailyn Hua rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2016
Emily Estelle
Emily Estelle rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2014
Kari
Kari rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2015
Jorge Zambrano R.
Jorge Zambrano R. rated it did not like it
May 15, 2015
Emily Strange
Emily Strange rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2016
Kate DiCamillo, the newly named National Ambassador for Young People’s Literature for 2014–2015, says about stories, “When we read together, we connect. Together, we see the world. Together, we see one another.” Born in Philadelphia, the author lives in Minneapolis, where she faithfully writes two pages a day, five days a week.

Kate DiCamillo's own journey is something of a dream come true. After
More about Kate DiCamillo...

Bink & Gollie (3 books)
  • Bink & Gollie (Bink & Gollie, #1)
  • Two for One (Bink & Gollie, #2)
  • Bink and Gollie: Best Friends Forever (Bink & Gollie, #3)