Start by marking “Oh!” as Want to Read:
Oh!

Oh!

3.41 of 5 stars 3.41  ·  rating details  ·  191 ratings  ·  25 reviews
The snow falls all night. Everything is white. And everyone wants to play. You can play, too! Come and join the squirrel, the rabbit, the cat, the dog, and all the children. You don't even need your snowsuit!
Published October 28th 1999 by Greenwillow Books (first published January 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Oh!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oh!

Over and Under the Snow by Kate MessnerWaiting for Winter by Sebastian MeschenmoserThe Mitten by Jan BrettOwl Moon by Jane YolenLost and Found by Oliver Jeffers
Picture Books About Snow Animals
12th out of 100 books — 12 voters
Night by Elie WieselHoles by Louis SacharSpeak by Laurie Halse AndersonCut by Patricia McCormickDune by Frank Herbert
Titles of Only One Syllable
308th out of 370 books — 107 voters

More lists with this book...

Cheryl
So simple it would probably work as well or better if it were a board book. I can more easily imagine a tot spending time looking at this herself, rather than a family reading it aloud.

It would work pretty well for a family that likes to spend time talking about what they're reading, though, as you could relate your own experiences to those of the characters. "Remember when we...?"
Winta
This book was sorta a nice and easy read around. My students like it. Next time, I'll read it during the winter season.
Rainey
Henkes has written amazing children's books, but this was very juvenile- even for very young readers.
Ina
When snowfalls everyone wants to play in it - gray squirrels, shy rabbits, cats and dogs…oh, and children, too. When the sky grows dark, everyone goes home. Simple, charming book with lovely soft illustrations, Which give a slightly different slant to a winter story. Great addition for a winter story time, but the book is physically small, so probably wouldn't work for a very large audience.
Michelle
Cute book, but the title! Come on?! They could have come up with something better!
Bree
Notes:
simple sweet winter book
lots of common animals in the snow
Asho
This is a great book for my son's age (22 months). He has just reached the stage where he can identify animals and likes making animal noises, so we don't really read this one "properly," we just look through the pictures and he tells me the names of the animals and we make noises for them. It's a simple but fun book for winter.
Cheyenne
A book about a day in the snow.
Josiah
This is a nice story about all the animals and children as they go out on a snowy day to experience all the fun that such a winter day has in store. I think that Kevin Henkes does a good job of bringing to the book the feeling of seeing and being in snow, in the tradition of Ezra Kack Keats's The Snowy Day, and the understated pictures by Laura Dronzek compliment the action well.
Snorkle
I just wasn't impressed with this book. It felt a little dumbed-down and childish. But, afterall, it is a Children's Book. The pictures were fairly nice, and aside from the very simplistic text, I think some people would still enjoy this book. I just didn't care for it.

*Taken from my book reviews blog: http://reviewsatmse.blogspot.com/2009...
June
Mar 25, 2014 June rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Animal and winter requests
Recommended to June by: Polly
Animals and children play in the snow. 1/22/13

Maybe only 3 and a half. I like Millions of Snowflakes better.

Parent requested at Saturday Reading Time 2/15/14

Child's first request at Lap Time 3/25/14
Brooke
This was a great short, interactive book to end with and get their wiggles out.
Kristine
There was nothing particularly bad or great about this book, written by Henkes and illustrated by his wife. The inclusion of the animal sounds was interesting, and the illustrations matched the text well. The book would be best for bedtime.
Kristine Cook
Raven Grider
I was initially drawn to this book because it is the same author as Wemberley Worried, but it was not as engaging! I would use this book for repetition, and it could even be tied into science because of all the animals discussed.
Kelly Thevenot
OH! Is a great children's book that describes two children waking up to snow and then they play in the snow and it describes animals. It would be a great book to read during winter and young children would enjoy it.
I've read aloud this dozens of times to my children as babies; I love the rhythm of the words and the quiet tone of the whole book. It is a treasured favorite in our family.
Michelle Nero
Oh! I would have loved to see Mr. Henkes illustrate this book! Snow is OH so much fun for everyone. A quick, little read aloud when the snow begins to fall . . .
Dolly
Aug 14, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2009, childrens, pets
Another fun book by Kevin Henkes; this story is about playing in the snow. Fun pictures and a quick read. Not much to it, but great to read aloud on a cold day.
Bunnyjadwiga
An good snowy day book. More suitable for older toddlers than preschoolers.
Cana
Mommy says: This book was a little basic for the 6yo.
Sarah Kramer
Jan 16, 2008 Sarah Kramer rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: babies/toddlers
Shelves: storytime-books
Great book for babies. Short and engaging.
Polly
A lovely choice for winter storytimes.
Marie
Mar 06, 2013 Marie rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Cute and simple!
Ruby
Ruby marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Zenaida
Zenaida marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
  • Mouse's First Spring
  • Dancing Feet!
  • Butterfly Butterfly: A Book of Colors
  • Peek-a-Zoo!
  • If You're Happy and You Know It!
  • Cows in the Kitchen
  • We All Went On Safari
  • Here Comes Jack Frost
  • The Seals on the Bus
  • No Two Alike
  • My Heart Is Like a Zoo
  • Monkey And Me
  • Pumpkin Trouble
  • Baby Danced the Polka (ALA Notable Children's Books. Younger Readers (Awards))
Kevin Henkes became an author/illustrator when he was nineteen years old, working on a card table in his bedroom.
Today he's the author of many award-winning picture books and novels.
More about Kevin Henkes...
Chrysanthemum Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse Kitten's First Full Moon Owen Wemberly Worried