Start by marking “Melting The Ice Queen's Heart” as Want to Read:
Melting The Ice Queen's Heart

Melting The Ice Queen's Heart

It started with a kiss…

Having left his humanitarian posting in Africa to raise his two orphaned nieces in San Francisco, Dr. Gavin Brice has enough on his plate without an inconvenient attraction to his new boss! The frosty Dr. Virginia Potter clearly disapproves of his maverick ways–but with one amazing kiss, the ice begins to thaw….
Paperback
Published February 2014 by Harlequin Medical Romance (first published December 17th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Melting The Ice Queen's Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Melting The Ice Queen's Heart

Desere
Feb 05, 2014 Desere rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Any reader will know that when reading a book and it's the kind that makes you sit upright the one minute and makes your eyes gleam like you just found gold and the next your eyes are filled with tears and it feels like your heart is breaking, it's the kind of book that goes down in reading history without so much as a shimmer of doubt!

The new read from Amy Ruttan is that and so much more. The read tells of Virginia Porter and her frosty heart that hates everything there is about Dr Gavin Brice
Nas Dean
Feb 06, 2014 Nas Dean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
MELTING THE ICE QUEEN’S HEART by author Amy Ruttan is a February 2014 release by Harlequin and Mills & Boon Medical Series.

Dr Gavin Brice was a maverick doctor whose constant rule-breaking irked Dr Virginia Potter. She just wants her department to run smoothly. But Gavin is like no other man she has ever met. Why is she feeling the chemistry sizzle between them?

Would Gavin manage to melt the ice around Virginia’s heart?

MELTING THE ICE QUEEN’S HEART is a fast-paced medical drama. Author Amy
TashNz
Sep 14, 2015 TashNz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Melting Her Ice Queens Heart by Amy Ruttan has left me feeling moved. It's a classic love story where two strangers, opposites of every thing they know, are attracted to each other, they embrace their differences and allow their differences to enhance their relationship rather than divide it.

Dr Virginia Potter is Chief of Surgery and in the opening scene is taking her hospitals investors through the emergency and trauma departments which she's desperately trying to save from closure. The last t
Pam
Feb 03, 2014 Pam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dr. Virginia Potter has a job to do and she doesn't let anything stand in her way. She has goals she wants to see finished and she knows the others call her the Ice Queen. It doesn't bother her. She takes a chance when she hire Dr. Gavin Brice. He is unconventional and his only goal is to save lives. Some don't like his methods. Gavin isn't used to staying in one place but for the sake of his orphaned nieces he is willing to take the change in his life. He never planned on being attracted to Vir ...more
Shirley Buchanan
Growing up poor and losing her sister to sub standard medical care had made her life's decision for her, but was it the right one? She was no longer sure.

Chief of Surgery Dr. Virginia Potter was the consummate professional: cool, aloof and all business. For her, job security equaled financial stability. To achieve that goal, a career was what she wanted, even if she had to sacrifice having a family. Only sometimes she wondered if she had made the right choice. Her practical side dealt with rules
Rhonda
Mar 06, 2014 Rhonda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

4 STARS

This is a good short read. Lots of drama, cute kids that steal your heart, characters that I liked. There is one love scene that I skipped over. It also had a character that I wanted to shout out at.

At first Dr. Gavin Brice character I did not like. The more I got to know him and his background the more I liked him. He is a emergency doctor that does not care what others think of him. He wants to save lives not play politics. He does not want to be working in San Fracisco at a hospital
Gaele
Feb 01, 2014 Gaele rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
Virginia’s fears are easy to understand: her remaining detached and icy is sometimes the best way to protect a tender heart. When you combine the personal remove from the professional detachment that is required of anyone in the medical profession, her aloof shell is hardened by overuse. When she finds herself supervising Gavin, she is instantly on edge: his mannerisms and ideas are not wholly in line with policy; in fact he frightens her more than a bit. A natural reaction to that fear is to ga ...more
Sheri
Jan 23, 2014 Sheri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dr. Gavin Brice would rather be in Africa performing surgery and saving lives, but he’s needed in San Francisco to be Mr. Mom to his nieces, so he needs his job even if he doesn’t like it.
All the while Dr. Virginia Potter is his boss and known as the Ice Queen because she’s made the decision that career is all she needs, except that Dr. Brice tempts her.

I feel like Virginia lives a pretty lonely life and I liked her character because I saw lots of growth and change in her. I enjoyed the easy way
Alexia
Mar 06, 2014 Alexia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dr. Virginia Potter Chief of Surgery has a thorn in her side and his name is Dr. Gavin Brice. What some would call unethical I would call saving a person's life through any means possible. This story is more than boy meets girl and falls in love. There are many hurdles along the way. Can Dr. Potter's heart melt enough to allow Dr. Brice in? What will happen to the Emergency Department if the board of directors get their way? This is a great read. Pick yours up today.
Xandra James
Apr 14, 2014 Xandra James rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Melting The Ice Queen's Heart was a surprise. A good plot that had me itching to keep reading, and a heroine I could relate to, this book's a win!

The inner battle of the heroine throughout was really quite sad, and I found myself empathising with the situation she found herself in. I thought the hero blew hot and cold a little bit too much - but this didn't detract too much from the story.

I'd definitely read more medical romances by this author :)
Feb 27, 2014 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a heart-warming romance and fast-paced medical drama. I loved the emotional and sensual tension between the characters.

I recommend this story to readers.
Meily
Meily rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2016
Gaelle Cathy
Gaelle Cathy marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
Yesenia
Yesenia marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Mimi
Mimi marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2015
Wendy
Wendy rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2016
Urel
Urel marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Nina Lah
Nina Lah rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2015
Princess Giarah
Princess Giarah marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Sherry
Sherry marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Helen
Helen rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2015
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Sarinity
Sarinity marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Sigga Maja
Sigga Maja rated it it was ok
Nov 03, 2014
Nicole Donze
Nicole Donze marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Nachiketa
Nachiketa marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Born and raised on the outskirts of Toronto, Ontario Amy fled the big city to settle down with the country boy of her dreams. When she's not furiously typing away at her computer, she's a mom to three wonderful children, who have given her another job as a taxi driver.

A voracious reader, she was given her first romance novel by her grandmother who shared her penchant for a hot romance. From that m
More about Amy Ruttan...