Start by marking “Culture Shock! Russia: A Survival Guide to Customs and Etiquette” as Want to Read:
Culture Shock! Russia: A Survival Guide to Customs and Etiquette

Culture Shock! Russia: A Survival Guide to Customs and Etiquette

With over three million copies in print, CultureShock! is a dynamic and indispensable range of guides covering countless destinations around the world. The series is especially intended for travellers who are looking to truly understand the countries they are visiting and who might even consider residing there. into the local environment and is packed with useful details o ...more
Published September 1st 2007 by Cavendish Square Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Culture Shock! Russia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Culture Shock! Russia

Andrea
Nov 27, 2007 Andrea rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: American and British travelers to russia
Great quotes and referenced material to help even an American understand what to do and say while in Russia. I especially enjoyed the contrasts called out between the big city meccas of Moscow and Saint Petersburg to the more rural part of the county that lie only 30 miles away! If you're thinking about a trip to Russia, this will get you etiquette there ; )
Constance
Jul 03, 2016 Constance rated it it was amazing
Anna Pavlovskaya's "Culture Shock" is quite informative.

Reading about the Russia people inspires us to learn the Russian language better.
Learning the Russian language better enables us to observe the Russian people more accurately.
(Yes, I actually missed the Russian language while reading this book. Perhaps there will one day be a Russian language or bilingual version of "Culture Shock!)

The fear of developing preconceived notions prevents reader's from believing all they read. Luckily, Anna P
Natalie
Sep 14, 2015 Natalie rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: English speakers travelling to Russia; students of Russian
I've never been to Russia, so I can't speak for the validity of the statements in this book, but Cultureshock! Russia was by far a fun read for me as a student of the Russian language. This book offered me a more well-rounded look at the culture of Russia; it presents its material in a fun, easy-to-learn way and includes chapters on a variety of topics - just don't quiz me on it! Because the material is densely packed into this book, I learn something new each time I review it.
Joshua
Oct 09, 2012 Joshua rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very informative and seems to be objective and comprehensive. Having never been to Russia, I cannot really vouch for any of it's accuracy. It did increase my interest in learning more about Russia. I hope someday to put some of the information to use. When that happens I will update my review.
Pamela
May 14, 2016 Pamela rated it liked it
Shelves: library, travel, russia
finished on the plane earlier today.. from 2007, makes for interesting read, if not as up-to-date as it could be.
Tidtii
Jul 05, 2010 Tidtii added it
Yaya Yayoi
Yaya Yayoi rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2014
Alex Kartelias
Alex Kartelias rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2015
Matt
Matt rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2013
Elena
Elena rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2012
Kayla Jordan
Kayla Jordan rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2012
Amanda Noel
Amanda Noel rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2010
katnick
katnick rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2017
Peter Fox
Peter Fox rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2013
Barbara Cooke
Barbara Cooke rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2014
Matin the Wandering Seeker
Matin the Wandering Seeker rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2014
J Coy
J Coy rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2009
Thomas Lambourn
Thomas Lambourn rated it it was ok
Mar 28, 2016
Anya
Anya rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2011
Hope
Hope rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2010
Fran Arant
Fran Arant rated it it was amazing
Feb 29, 2016
Katie Kempski
Katie Kempski rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2012
Kathye
Jun 14, 2009 Kathye is currently reading it
Russians think you are stupid if you smile on the street. hahaha! very interesting.
drowningmermaid
drowningmermaid rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2016
Rebecca Saunders
Rebecca Saunders rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2017
Danielle Wood
Danielle Wood rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2014
Celeste Mudrich
Celeste Mudrich rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2015
Stambo
Stambo rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2013
Monica
Monica rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2016