Start by marking “Melonhead and the We-Fix-It Company” as Want to Read:
Melonhead and the We-Fix-It Company

Melonhead and the We-Fix-It Company (Melonhead #5)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  4 reviews
“Melonhead and his friends inhabit a world . . . where inventiveness and camaraderie reign supreme.” —Kirkus Reviews

For fans of Judy Blume's Fudge titles as well as Carl Hiaasen's Hoot.

Anybody who is eleven needs an allowance! My parents don’t agree. Neither do my friend Sam’s parents. You would think they would because due to a snafu, Sam and I have to raise some money.
Published October 14th 2014 by Yearling (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Melonhead and the We-Fix-It Company, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Melonhead and the We-Fix-It Company

Paula
Melonhead and best friend Sam star in another adventure when they accidentally (and grossly) discover a tarnish remover. True to form, Adam's mom slips on the concoction and dents the family heirloom teapot. In order to repair it, the boys start a fix-it service to earn money. To further complicate matters, Melonhead’s aunt has promised an amusement park trip if he can stay out of trouble for a month. The fix-it service has more mishaps than accomplishments, but the boys still manage to earn mon ...more
Bethe
Cute, fun, lots of laughs, instant boy appeal with the gross food drinks at the beginning. There are a few references to past adventures/mishaps that may have occurred in previous books, which I haven't read. I don't know if this irks kids as much as me, a girl who likes to start a series at the beginning. This book would be a great read aloud, something for kids and adults; teachers will especially agree and enjoy? the mentions state testing, even though DC isn't a state. I especially liked Mrs ...more
Anissa
I read this to my 7yo son. This was the first Melonhead book we've read. He seemed to like it, although sometimes he talked right through my reading! He said he liked the humor. The "situations" that the boys got themselves into were humorous. There was a nice group of friends we got to know in this book. The grown up characters were fleshed out. It was interesting that there were so many adult characters having a positive influence in the kids' lives.

My only criticisms are that there was a lot
Sharon Lawler
Humorous storyline with rip-roaring dialogue which takes place in southeast neighborhood of DC. I loved tracking the kids as they navigated through the stores, schools, parks and streets--they actually exist!
Kaylee
Kaylee marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Meike
Meike marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Dana
Dana added it
Sep 23, 2014
Maddie Claire
Maddie Claire marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Shoshana
Shoshana marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Bill Cappoli
Bill Cappoli marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014

Melonhead (5 books)
  • Melonhead
  • Melonhead and the Big Stink
  • Melonhead and the Undercover Operation
  • Melonhead and the Vegalicious Disaster
Melonhead Lucy Rose: Here's the Thing About Me Lucy Rose: Big on Plans Lucy Rose: Busy Like You Can't Believe Melonhead and the Big Stink