The Instruction: Living the Life Your Soul Intended

The Instruction: Living the Life Your Soul Intended

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  134 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Have you ever sensed that your life has a deeper, more meaningful purpose - but don't know what it is? In The Instruction, psychic Ainslie MacLeod offers a systematic approach to uncovering the life your soul has planned for you. With the help of high-level spirit guides, this step-by-step manual for realizing personal fulfillment presents the debut work from this unique v...more
Published September 1st 2007 by Sounds True (first published 2007)

Stephanie
this is a neat book. some may find it a bit out there, but I found it informative.
Dane Findley
To anyone who experienced profound unhappiness in childhood, this books is illuminating. It teaches us why to meet people 'where they are' and reveals to us ideas about the reasons we are here and what we are meant to remember about our true selves. Particularly helpful in learning how to release judgment.
Christine Theberge Rafal
The basic claim of this book I think is that many people have lost touch with their Soul, and therefore their life's purpose. Apparently informed by his own spirit guides, the author lays out 10 of everything (is it really that neat?): soul levels (how old or at what stage your soul might be), soul types, missions, etc. I don't take this stuff literally, but it seems valuable in how it can create greater appreciation for what you and everyone else are trying to do here. For example, whereas I mi...more
Linda
I was hoping for more of a philosophical discussion of souls and reincarnation. Instead, this book is what is says it is: an instruction on "how to creat a happier and more purposeful life by finding out who you are and why you're here."

I don't care why I'm here and I can't imagine being happier or more purposeful. If you enjoy the self-help genre, this would be a good book. If you could benefit by rebalancing your life, this would be a good book to read and think about.

A basic premise in this...more
Judith
This book firstly is about reincarnation and I don't believe in that but I listened to an interview with the author and what he was talking about sounded interesting. What happened is he instantly stopped talking about reincarnation and talked about life and who you are and how to correct things in your life.
I think you can improve your life by working with this book chapter by chapter and it will take lots of time. So I read through the book and plan on picking it up later when I have the time...more
I love this book. It speaks directly to the soul's evolution and what to expect at each point in this evolution. It also discusses the different challenges we face, the talents we possess, and the desires we have - what really makes our life our own. I found this book very refreshing and reassuring. A great read for anyone interested in existentialism.
Missy
Unbelievable book! In fact I was so taken with the content that I made an appointment with the author! Don't miss this one if you're interested in what your soul purpose is here in this lifetime.
Sharyn
We all know our life is full of challenges, but knowing what those challenges mean to us long term is a gift no one has ever offered before. This is a must read!
Angie
If you're interested in reincarnation, this talks about the ages of spirits and more. FASCINATING! Life-changing.
Juliana
my friend said this guy sounded crazy. i think most people are crazy.
Mary
Oct 02, 2008 Mary rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: a seeker
Recommended to Mary by: heard an interview on Oprah's Soul Series on XM radio online
This book is intended to help us find who we really are and the life planned for our soul.
This is going to be tough going for me, because I don't think I have reached a level of understanding to make a lot of sense out of it. That's ok because that's another message, but I'm going to try again later. In the author's interview with Oprah, he made it seem very easy and clear and she got it, which gives me hope because we discovered some of the same books 20 years ago.
Alicia
Apr 25, 2009 Alicia rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Spiritual seekers with a lot of patience & who like lists
Interesting. But the format of lists....& more lists wasn't especially helpful. Gave it the feel of reading a long Wikipedia entry, or an extensive menu in a Mexican restaurant: 10 pages of 'beans, meat, cheese' & 'cheese, beans' & 'meat,beans'.
Julie
Very interesting, not sure exactly what I think. There is 10 of every subject which I find a little strange ( 10 soul age-levels, types, missions, challenges, desires, etc.) but if you can get past that, there is some good insight.
Lorie
Heard Ainslie interviewed on Oprah's webcast which led me to this book. He's a psychic who wrote this book via conversations with his spirit guides. Curious and interesting. Figure out the age of your soul.
Timothy
Mar 16, 2008 Timothy marked it as to-read
I heard this on Oprah.
I know, I know, what was I doing listening to Oprah?
The premise of the book sounds very interesting, so when I finally get to it, I'll let you know how it was!
Davida
I found this book to be informative and directly on point in some areas. I think it got sort of repetitive with the everything being in groups of 10 ... interesting read.
Diane
Of course there were several things that I couldn't agree with in this book but I have to say I really enjoyed it! Gave me lots of things to think about.
Jennifer Culver
Confirmed what I thought I knew about myself. Great instructional guide to understanding your soul.
Laurie
Made me think. Multiple lives -- interesting thought.
Peter
Another take on the meaning of life.
Maryellen
Jun 20, 2008 Maryellen rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no one
Bad new age stuff.
Talissa
Talissa marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
For more than a decade, Ainslie MacLeod has used his talents as a psychic to explore the soul and its effects on human beliefs and behavior. He is the author of The Instruction, and The Transformation (published by Sounds True). MacLeod has appeared as a guest on Oprahs Soul Series, is a faculty member at the Omega Institute, and was the recipient of a gold medal from the Independent Publisher Ass...more
More about Ainslie MacLeod...
The Transformation: Healing Your Past Lives To Realize Your Soul's Potential Instruction, The The Transformation The Instruction Heal Your Past-Life Fears: A Guided Process to Realize Your Soul's Potential