Start by marking “The Success Principles: How to Get From Where You Are to Where You Want to Be” as Want to Read:
The Success Principles: How to Get From Where You Are to Where You Want to Be

The Success Principles: How to Get From Where You Are to Where You Want to Be

4.25  ·  Rating Details ·  17,995 Ratings  ·  566 Reviews
The Success Principles by Jack Canfield, cocreator of the phenomenal bestselling Chicken Soup for the Soul series, will teach you how to increase your confidence, tackle daily challenges, live with passion and purpose, and realize all your ambitions. This audio spells out the timeless principles used by successful men and women throughout history. And the fundamentals are ...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published December 28th 2004 by HarperAudio (first published December 16th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Success Principles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Success Principles

Douglas
Feb 27, 2008 Douglas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everybody
Shelves: self-improvement
This is an excellent-excellent book. I can't say how much this book really summarizes a lot of what I have read in a number of other books.

Surprisingly, I finished this 435 page monster in one week. I still have the receipt as a bookmark. It is one of the best books I have ever read, but more from an encouragement and support standpoint.

Amazon has had 215 people review the book. 200 of them gave it 5 stars! the other 15 four stars! It was compelling enough for me to start reading the book imme
Nick
Jan 04, 2009 Nick rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a great fan of self-help books. I read lots of them, enthusiastically, hoping for even one insight that will make me a better person. Canfield's (The Chicken Soup author) offering in the genre is the dumbest self-help book I've ever read. There are 65 principles for success in it, an absurd number that virtually guarantees that you'll never be able to follow any of them. And every single one is a cliche. To write this book, he must have gone to the bookstore, bought every self-help book he c ...more
Marisa Walz
Jan 13, 2011 Marisa Walz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. I read many motivational books and this is my favorite to date. It has been the most inspiring for me. I love his simple, precise writing - not a word is wasted. This book is one of those books where you start referring to your life in terms of "before I read the book" and "after I read the book." I recommend everyone read this.

There are no earth shattering revelations in here, per se; what is great about this book is that the revelations come in the form of a new way to look
Liz
Oct 03, 2012 Liz rated it it was ok
Let me tell you what I didn’t like about this book:

1) The name dropping stories will (and in some cases already are) dated. This book will not hold up over the years. He talks about people, TV Shows, movies etc, that in 75 years, no one will know what they are or who they were. I had this problem when I read Napoleon Hill’s books. Stuff that was a normal mind set when he wrote the books are no longer applicable. This caused me to grow frustrated while reading it.

2) The later principles talk abou
Keanu Taylor
May 30, 2013 Keanu Taylor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone and Everyone
Reading Sucks! That's what I used to think Before I've read this book.
This Book completely Changed my life. I've never read a book in my life and took so much action towards change in my personality and my future success. As I read the SIXTY-FOUR principles, I never ran across a statement or a belief that I didn't find true. The ones that I did question worked ONE-HUNDRED Percent of the time.
Before I read this book I was quiet, timid, and quiet frankly angry all of the time. I hated anything an
Enjoli
Jan 17, 2009 Enjoli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jack Canfield has positivity in his hands and molds it to help him through all of his goals. He has not only made millions of peoples dreams come true by helping to motivate them, but has now put his knowledge of success in one book. The other inspiring part of this book is how he has managed to paraphrase other important and standard self-help and motivational books and condensed the most important parts in his own. He keeps you going with every page. I would stay up to 3am reading, and recentl ...more
Astrid Paramita
Aug 14, 2011 Astrid Paramita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you're a self help book reader (like me), this book didn't really provide anything new or breakthrough. You probably know everything already.

Why aren't we successful yet, then? Maybe we forgot the principles, or we got sidetracked by other things? I questioned whether I'm that person who prayed to win a lottery but never actually buy the ticket.

This book helped in evaluating what you already did, what you could've done, and what you could change. It's a gentle kind of book, providing many he
Andrea Samadi
Feb 05, 2012 Andrea Samadi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I picked up Jack Canfield's Sucess Principles book since I was having such success with his Dream Big System, and didn't want to miss out on any nuggets of information that would help me get to where I am so excited to go. I am so glad I bought this book. There is nowhere else you need to go to figure out your life purpose, and begin to work your dream plan. He covers EVERYTHING you need to know about conceptualizing your goal from the thought stage, to buidling your team, to dealing with obstac ...more
Jason Navallo
Nov 07, 2014 Jason Navallo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jack Canfield never fails to inspire me. It all started when I watched "The Secret". This book is amazing. He is living proof that you can be successful and it all begins with your mindset.
Prasenjeet Kumar
This book talks about 67 timeless principles of success that the world’s most famous men and women have employed in their lives to transform their lives beyond their wildest dreams. My most important take-aways from this book are:

Take 100% responsibility for your life: Don’t blame your luck or adverse astrological positions. Do whatever is in your hand.

Think about small successes in life: We are all conditioned to remember about our failures but if I were to ask you whether you had any success
Micky Stew
Let me just start off by saying I love Jack Canfield for writing this book that is how much I love it. This too was a life changer for me because I have always struggled in the past with setting and reaching goals. However, The Success Principles shows you how to do just that. It is also filled with people who were able to set and reach their goals by changing just a few things in their routine every day.

I initially checked this book out last year or the year before read a little bit of it and t
Armand
Sep 27, 2010 Armand rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I consider this the bible of success as it contains principal laws that will help you attain success. Just like the bible you need to read the book from time to time to master it and use it as reference. The author doesn't pretend to take credit for all the principles written in the book but it was based also from other reference materials that he had gathered from know writers like Brain Tracy, Anthony Robbins to name a few. Divided into several parts from developing a successful attitude to ho ...more
Swati Grover
Good book for those who know what they want in their lives however are clueless about how to start. This book provides you 25 simple and easily exectuble principle to kickstart your journey for success.
Jade Dermody
Mar 16, 2016 Jade Dermody rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a life changing book. At first I thought it may not be for me. As principle one is take responsibility for your own life and stop blaming others-I'm a woman for Christ sake I always blame myself. But then by reading it slowly. Thinking about what it was actually saying. Underlining passages that struck me and taking the time to do the exercises I started to feel a lot more focused on what I want out of life. And determined to get it. Since reading it (I finished a month ago) I've managed ...more
Rahul
Nov 13, 2012 Rahul rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Actually, I own this valuable stuff in a coincidental way when I was standing at bus stop, waiting for my bus to go back to home from the city (Kochi). When my phone rang in between, I had walked simply here and there at the spot and came to see this book in a street book shop over there. I liked the cover pic at the 1st sight itself since I'm fond of 'RED' color. Within a short while after the call, I inquired about the book with seller and opened it with much curiosity for having a look throug ...more
Ayoub Kallel
Jul 09, 2016 Ayoub Kallel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: must-read
This book never ceased to blow my mind with every single page. It's a goldmine of very useful concepts and frameworks to achieve success, I couldn't put it down literally, finished it in just 3 days. There is no page that I didn't highlight a part of, and sometimes I had to highlight the entire page lol. This book is must read for very breathing, functioning human being. And not just once, at least once or twice a year, every year for the rest of your life. Yep, that's how good it is. Period.
Vilhelmina
The first third of this is fantastic, the second is good, and the final third remains useful but feels a little too stretched out and filled with promotional messages. But the first third? Life-changing stuff. Simple, but powerful - in the way where you keep going "how have I not already thought of that" and "I can't wait to try this out." I've already recommended this book to seven of my friends; I can hardly wait for them to read it, either! It's a very inspiring book, and we all deserve to be ...more
Taka
Read it--

Frankly, there are too many principles even in the abridged audio version of the book, but it draws from no less of authors than Tim Ferriss, Anthony Robbins, et al. and offers the condensed version of all the motivational and inspirations techniques and anecdotes.

As the author exhorts toward the end of the audiobook, I will be listening to it again and again to let my mind really absorb the principles.

Highly recommended.
Siri
Nov 07, 2010 Siri rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I listened to this book and plan to do a monitored program of the principles with a friend of mine, who recommended we read this and do it together. I look forward to the program though i found this book, read aloud into audio, less exciting to hear than the one of his i listened to immediately prior. In combination, there are many, many entertaining antidotes and inspirations to be had. Lots can be learned from his gentle manner.
Robert Morgen
May 16, 2010 Robert Morgen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the first chapter Jack Canfield addresses taking 100% Responsibility for your life and from there this book continues to be inspiring and educational.

This book is an excellent road map to get from where you are to where you want to be. The principles are simple and easy to understand yet life altering in scope. I couldn’t put it down!
Ramy
اعجبنى الكتاب جدا...ازعجنى غياب الجزء الاخير المتعلق ب المصادر و الذى كنت سأعرف منه عناوين كتب اخرى :(
ازعجنى ايضا كل شوية تكرار جاك كانفيلد مؤلف الكتاب الاشارة ل كتابه المشترك الاشهر مع مارك هانسن شوربة دجاج للحياة
الكتاب تحفيزى ..مش هاقول جدا ..... جدا دى لو لم يكن يبالغ ف الشحنة العاطفية الانسانية

باختصار الشخص الناجح فى حاجة لابقاء نفسه واعى و متحفز و متحمس لهدفه طوال الوقت بل و متذكر لهذا الهدف
تخيل نفسك رصاصة سريعة اه قوية اه مميتة اه
لكن تخيل حالك لو لم يكن هناك هدف نهائى ترتطم به لتفعل نتيجة
Ete
May 16, 2015 Ete rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
قواعد النجاح قاعدة.
قابلة للتطبيق في كل مجالات الحياة، العمل و العلاقات و المستوى الشخصي.

- تحمّل مسؤولية حياتك ٪
توقف عن لوم الآخرين و اختلاق الاعذار.
[النتائج] التي أنت عليها = ماهي الا [استجابتك] + [للاحداث] في حياتك.

- اعرف تماماً لم أنت هنا.
اعرف هدفك في الحياة، ثم محوِر عليه كل نشاطاتك اليومية. حتماً ستصنع حياة رآئعة.

- قرّر ماذا تريد.
لا تعش حلم شخص آخر. ضع رؤيتك في الحياة لتشمل المجالات السبع:
العمل، المال، وقت الفراغ، الصحة، العلاقات، المجتمع، الشخصي.

- كن مؤمناً بأنه ممكن.
ما تؤمن به، تحققه. قم
Mac
Sep 12, 2012 Mac rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must-read for anyone who wants to become successful in pursuing dreams and goals. "Success" can be defined in many ways, but for this books, it mostly means having passion in your career, not being afraid to pursue it with all your heart. It teaches you to be smart and organized. Firstly, goals need to be realistically set, and schedule needs to be implemented daily. Each day is very important to achieve what you want and time is such a vital expense which cannot be overlooked at all. Time is ...more
Moudi
Nov 11, 2009 Moudi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sam
Feb 16, 2016 Sam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-improvement
for the average person, this is a great resource, that serves well as inspiration and a new direction for the people stumped on how to be more successful. The only drawback is that unfortunately, it's aged a bit. while most of the principles have stood the test of time, the stories are just a little less modern, considering this book was published in 2004. but it was nice that he added real life stories, resources, and personal experience. I am going to start using a few of the principles he out ...more
Awdhesh Singh
Aug 13, 2015 Awdhesh Singh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like this book because it is written by a man who has practical approach of life. I agree with most of the principles and we can all apply them to succeed in life. Read this book, if you have passion to succeed and win in life at any cost.
Steve Rath
Canfield's writing serves as a well-organized compendium of prinicples and action steps toward a life of greater fulfillment and purpose. Many of his ideas personally helped me reinforce some recent leadership training and personal development I just completed.

While I don't necessarily agree with all the conclusions that the author reaches with some of his principles (e.g. tithing), I did find ohers that resonated well and plan to integate those into my personal and professional growth and devel
Marwan Jabbour

• Canfield’s principles are simple, but the results you’ll achieve will be extraordinary! (Anthony Robbins, author of Awaken the Giant Within and Unlimited Power)
• If you can only read one book this year, you have it in your hands. (Harvey Mackay, author of the New York Times number one best seller Swim with the Sharks without Being Eaten Alive)
• When Jack Canfield writes, I listen, This is Jack’s finest piece of writing and will impact your life forever. (Pat Williams, senior vice president of
Yazaid Ahmed
Apr 09, 2016 Yazaid Ahmed rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the best books I have ever read. It was one of those books that keep you hooked until the end of it. The book as its name implies is about how to get to where you want from where you are. I would recommend this book to all types of people who are serious about success, students, employees, entrepreneurs, authors, marketers, sales people, teachers...etc.

The book made me feel that the success that I once thought was big is actually very achievable and it made me think that I wish I
Avinash Pandey
Feb 08, 2016 Avinash Pandey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Our thoughts and behaviour which metamorphosis to our habit is the outcome of years of belief and pseudo wisdom carved in our psyche by society, friends , and teachers. Sometimes, they serve best to limit our wings of dreams and cut our flight mid air. Dreaming, goal setting, pursuing your purpose is what liberates your soul and fills enthusiasm in your life.
canfeild lists 64 power packed time tested principles which if let dissolve in our mind and sprit would transform our mission to live a enr
Following the Principles 10 68 Oct 18, 2014 05:53PM
  • The One Minute Millionaire: The Enlightened Way to Wealth
  • Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible
  • The Attractor Factor: 5 Easy Steps for Creating Wealth (or Anything Else) from the Inside Out
  • Excuses Begone!: How to Change Lifelong, Self-Defeating Thinking Habits
  • The Science of Getting Rich
  • Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth
  • The Answer: Grow Any Business, Achieve Financial Freedom, and Live an Extraordinary Life
  • The Art of Exceptional Living
  • Now, Discover Your Strengths
  • Acres of Diamonds
  • Multiple Streams of Income: How to Generate a Lifetime of Unlimited Wealth

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...

“What others think about you is none of your business.” 35 likes