Start by marking “The Lightkeeper's Woman” as Want to Read:

Mary Burton

The Lightkeeper's Woman

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Their Grand Passion Had Burned Too Brightly To Survive

But faced with wedding another, Alanna Patterson was determined to reignite any smoldering embers of desire Caleb Pitt might still harbor for her. Would her brawny captain, now a solitary lighthouse keeper, rescue her from a sea of regrets? Or had tragedy both public and private sunk any hopes for a lasting love?

Caleb P...more
Published April 1st 2012 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published February 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Lightkeeper's Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lightkeeper's Woman

Makii
Una muy bella historia,protagonizada por personajes de una pasión abrasadora, pero dominados y perseguidos por los fantasmas del pasado. Solamente ellos juntos y habiendo confesado sus pecados y secretos pueden llevar adelante un amor tal.
Ligero, genuino y romántico.
Hermoso para una tarde cálida donde uno necesita desahogar sus sentimientos en un buen libro.

"La pasión es peligrosa. El placer palidece ante la destrucción"(...) "Cuando se ha conocido un deseo como el nuestro, es difícil olvidarlo...more
Heathy
Decent book. It was a quick & easy read, but I really didn't feel anything for the characters. And the last chapter or two of the book seemed completely unnecessary. The book could've ended well without that last twist. It just made me dislike the hero because his actions seemed really immature.

But I enjoyed the setting. You don't find too many historical romances that take place on the east coast, especially in Virginia and North Carolina. So that was pleasant to read about places I know we...more
Jessica Duffy
Sincerely, this book is one of those books you can read over and over again. Even though it was one of the first books I ever read and loved in the romance genre, I still love it. I picked it out of a used book box in a thrift shop, it cost me only $.75. You can't go wrong with this book if your in the mood for a romance of two hateful lovers who uncover the truth isn't the truth and only a fabricated lie.
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
nurmawati
nurmawati marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Rettah
Rettah added it
Sep 11, 2014
Kelly
Kelly added it
Aug 24, 2014
Raven R.
Raven R. marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Kimberly Borget
Kimberly Borget is currently reading it
Jul 14, 2014
Patrícia
Patrícia marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Corandra
Corandra marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Charlene
Charlene marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Marianne
Marianne marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Clare
Clare marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Anna Krova
Anna Krova marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2014
Diabollical
Diabollical marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
MARY BURTON’s southern family has always enjoyed tall tales and a good yarns. Early on, MB realized that Story had tremendous power to inspire strong responses such fear, laughter, love and even sorrow. It didn’t matter if the tale was found in the pages of a book, spoken in hushed tones around a Girl Scout campfire, or spouted at an old fashioned southern family reunion. This appreciation of stor...more
More about Mary Burton...
Senseless (Senseless, #1) I'm Watching You Before She Dies The Seventh Victim Merciless (Senseless, #2)