Start by marking “The Ladies' Man” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Ladies' Man

Susan Mallery

The Ladies' Man (Positively Pregnant #2)

3.66  ·  Rating Details  ·  411 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
She'd resolved to "act more sophisticated" and "get out more." But the rumpled bedding, the coffee brewed by other hands and The Note reminded Rachel Harper that she'd done something completely out of character. She'd brought a man home from a bar.

And apparently made a baby.

She'd been nervous to tell Carter Brockett the news. Oh, she felt strangely safe with him despite hi
ebook
Published September 1st 2006 by Silhouette Desire

To ask other readers questions about The Ladies' Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ladies' Man

LLCSpokane
Jan 13, 2012 LLCSpokane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pregnancy, 2012-read
Rachel, the heroine, is a conservative kindergarten teacher. She doesn't even kiss a man she doesn't know pretty well. But...the night she meets Carter Braddock she not only kisses him but she has hot sex with him and makes a decision to never see him again. Three weeks later she realizes she's pregnant. She contacts him to inform him of the pregnancy and to get him to sign away his rights to the baby. Carter isn't a marrying kind of guy and is relieved that Rachel doesn't want marriage either b ...more
Jane
Nov 12, 2015 Jane rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm sorry but this book totally kills me off.
Apr 03, 2015 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story. I really enjoyed the story and the characters, however it was quite dated (getting married because your pregnant).
Sandra Mariscal
No me han gustado los personajes. Rachel me ha parecido una mujer caprichosa que quiere las cosas como ella quiere, cuando ella quiere. Puedo entender sus miedos e inquietudes, porque tiene un pasado bastante complicado, el problema es que no me ha parecido nada creíble y no he simpatizado con ella en ningún momento.

Carter quizás haya sido el que mejor ha caído de los dos protagonistas. Puedo entender que el amor no se le de bien y que tenga miedo de enamorarse porque piensa que nunca se va a en
Maria
Nov 20, 2008 Maria rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
The second in this series, Rachel Harper meets Carter Brockett. Both of them have trouble dealing with their relationship. Although Carter comes to his senses first, he has trouble convincing Rachel that it's okay to risk love.
Nicole
Nov 27, 2012 Nicole rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A little odd, a lot of spelling errors.
Melody Cox
Rachel Harper, a naive kindergarten teacher, woke up one morning in her rumpled bed with fragrant coffee brewing in the kitchen. She had certainly stepped outside of the box when she spent the night in the arms of Carter Brockett, something she had never done before. He left her his phone number but she did not call, old fashioned not only in how she dressed but also in believing that the man should make the phone calls at the beginning of a dating relationship.

Carter Brockett is a ladies' man,
Amber
The realisations and resolutions just...the pacing didn't work for me. I liked the characters, and I know guys like this who really do stay friends with their exes and the exes become part of the family so I liked that bit. Yay polyamory! Not in the story, of course, I meant the people I know. But the pacing and resolutions cost a star. I love Mallery, but not her finest work.
Peni
Apr 13, 2014 Peni rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Another interesting approach to romance for Susan Mallery. It's not often that the Hero is still so attached to his ex's that they remain good friends, well maybe a few but this was way more than a few. It seemed the community was quite small when in fact it wasn't which gave me mixed signals. Overall the story was good.

I liked the knitting connection.

Recommended for everyone.
Kara Keen
Jan 23, 2016 Kara Keen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this in a double book with Some Kind of Wonderful, light and fun. A kindergarden teacher and a police detective meet in a bar and...they're both so charming and likeable, you'll wish they lived next door.
Aldy
Ninguno de los personajes era atractivo, nada interesante sobre ellos, no generan interés alguno y todo se da en un abrir y cerrar de ojos como si fuese "lo que debe ser" y por ello será así, aburrido.
Jody
Jan 10, 2016 Jody rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a quick, easy read. I liked it, but didn't love it.
Katria
Jun 15, 2012 Katria rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm not sure about this one. It's not as realistic as it supposed to be. I don't like that some characters especially Carter's family are being all too nice and Carter having ex girlfriends who still try to cling on to him and Rachel for being a kindergarten teacher who is stupid to be a scaredy cat in love.
Mιss •kαthєяίиє•  Τhε Emεrαℓd Pяίиcεss®
It was really a very nice book. Even though I read it last and I knew some facts about what had happened, it didn't make me enjoy it less. Rachel's story was not my favorite in the series but still it was a nice one.
Carol
Jun 26, 2011 Carol rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast,light read. Strong characters, great family. Totally predictable ending, but that's one of the reasons I read romance novels isn't it.
Kobie
Nov 22, 2014 Kobie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mallery
3.5 stars. it is Susan Mallory, so it is good, but a few parts are painful to me.
Cassandra
Pretty good story if your looking for a light read with a tiny bit of hot sex.
Char
Jul 30, 2009 Char rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: not-a-keeper
3 and 1/2 stars
Sylvia
Sep 25, 2009 Sylvia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Modern
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Jbjilljb
Jbjilljb is currently reading it
Bookworm
Bookworm rated it it was ok
Feb 08, 2016
Megan
Megan added it
Carol katz
Carol katz rated it liked it
Karen Gregory
Karen Gregory marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Mavi
Mavi rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2016
Pam Vichengrad
Pam Vichengrad rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2016
  • Baby Business
  • The Society Wife
  • Expecting the Boss's Baby (Bravo Family, #29)
  • The Valentine Child (Wedlocked!) (Harlequin Presents, #1795)
  • Jack's Baby
  • The SEAL's Surprise Baby (Silhouette Desire, #1467)
  • Valentino's Love-Child
  • Protecting the Pregnant Witness (The Precinct: SWAT #3; The Precinct #15)
  • The Pregnant Mistress (The Barons, #7)
  • A Mistake, a Prince and a Pregnancy
  • Magnate's Mistress...Accidentally Pregnant! (Modern Heat)
  • Hired by Her Husband
  • Scandal: Unclaimed Love-Child
  • A Marine for Christmas (Harlequin Super Romance (Larger Print))
  • Cullen's Bride
  • The S Before Ex
  • More Than One Night
  • The Millionaire's Marriage
With more than 25 million books sold worldwide, #1 New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery is known for creating characters who feel as real as the folks next door, and for putting them into emotional, often funny situations readers recognize from their own lives. Susan’s books have made Booklist’s Top 10 Romances list in four out of five consecutive years. RT Book Reviews says, “When it c ...more
More about Susan Mallery...

Positively Pregnant (3 books)
  • Having Her Boss's Baby (Positively Pregnant #1)
  • Her Last First Date (Positively Pregnant #3)