Start by marking “Gun Shy” as Want to Read:
Gun Shy

Gun Shy (Reapers #2)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  25 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Before the cure, Lieutenant Lyle Dalton's job was simple: kill the Reapers. Now, under orders to inject all captured flesh eaters with the serum that restores their humanity, his Rangers at Fort Dougan face entirely new dangers. Someone wanted the Reaper cure badly enough to spill blood for it, and Lyle needs to steal it back if he hopes to hold the border.

Jane Fisher esca
Kindle Edition
Published September 1st 2014 by Carina Press (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Gun Shy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gun Shy

Kelly
Sep 01, 2014 Kelly rated it it was amazing
I completely love the idea that Reapers/zombies can be given their humanity back. And the problems that arise for the Rangers because of this. Instead of killing them all willy-nilly, they now have to capture them and do what they can to help them.

Difficult under the best circumstances. The fact Reapers will be trying to EAT THEM as they try to help adds to an already dangerous situation.

Anyway. Lyle. I like the guy. I really do. His reaction (or lack of one because he's REALLY GOOD at hiding ho
Melindeeloo
Aug 28, 2014 Melindeeloo rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars - When the Reaper Cure is stolen on Lyle's watch, clues point to the mastermind behind the theft being Gideon, the man who cost Jane everything. Jane is determined to use her knowledge of Gideon's operation to help recover the serum -and to get a little revenge - and against Lyle's better judgement they set off to face Jane's past.

I really enjoyed Gun Shy, Jane starts off a bit broken but she puts the pieces back together in a way that makes her stronger. I loved Lyle, he is innately
RachelW (BamaGal)
Sep 08, 2014 RachelW (BamaGal) rated it really liked it
A western style steampunk. A little violent, a little dark, and morally ambiguous. I liked it.

Reminded me quite a bit of Moira Rogers 'Bloodhounds' series. This is a series I will definitely start keeping up with...
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
The Reaper series is a wonderfully original, cross-genre series that mixes a bit of paranormal, sci-fi, and old west adventure in an alternate timeline romance. There are Reapers, men who have contracted a virus, becoming flesh-eating zombie-like creatures; Rangers, men and women who are immune to the virus, with the job of protecting the border communities; and Scrapers, the upper echelon of society who live in the foothills and mountains free from Reaper attacks. Gun Shy opens about one year ...more
Christal

See this review and others like it at Badass Book Reviews!

I loved the first book in this series, Reaper's Touch, so I was a little worried when I saw the main couple would be different for Gun Shy. Thankfully, I didn't need to worry because I ended up loving Jane and Lyle just as much as I did Abby and Jake. Reaper is turning out to be a fabulous paranormal romance series with wonderful lead couples that you just can't help but root for.

In the previous book, we were introduced to both t
Les Romantiques
Posted on Les Romantiques - Le forum du site
Reviewed by Rinou
Review Copy from the Publisher

Gun Shy is the second volume in the Reaper series of which I already reviewed the previous one, Reaper’s touch. As often when a series get off to a great start, the next episode seems one notch below, even if the quality is on the cards nevertheless.

When the last stock of the anti-reaper vaccine are stolen, Lyle chase after the thieves, escorted by Jane who recognized one of them and knows where he must be
The Nauti Vixen
Sep 01, 2014 The Nauti Vixen rated it it was amazing
“I’d have credited you with a better imagination than that, Lieutenant. Or at least a dirtier one."

Title: Gun Shy

Author: Eleri Stone

Rate: A

Thoughts: I knew I wouldn't be disappointed with this book - I never am when it comes to Eleri Stone's books. But I was excited for this one, since I was such a fan of the first book in this series, Reaper's Touch - and while reading that one, I had already been feverently hoping for more in this series. So glad it didn't end there!

Things have changed a littl
Teresa
I loved this book. This is the second book in Stone's Reaper series that I've read. Jake and Abby (from the first book) make appearances in this story, but they're not central characters.

We pick up where a cure has been developed for the reapers, but it soon gets stolen. With the rangers out of town, Jane, the MC, witnesses the theft, and follows the thieves to try to discover who they are. Upon the Rangers' return, when Lyle (he's got it bad for Jane) discovers what she's done, he sets off aft
GONZA
Oct 05, 2014 GONZA rated it it was ok
I must admit that is the part I liked more this book is not at all the love story, because I do not like neither Jane nor Lyle or they as a couple to be precise, Jane was not even nice by herself. Rather, I was very fascinated by the setting western/ steampunk/horror and although this was the second book in a series (but you can read it as a stand alone) I had no difficulty in reconstructing what happened up to that point and what kind of society would the one where live and the rangers and the ...more
Nicole Luiken
Sep 13, 2014 Nicole Luiken rated it really liked it
Another fun blend of Western, zombie, and steampunk with a strong romance at its heart. Jane is a woman with secrets, Lyle is a Ranger and born protector. Together they must hunt down some stolen serum.

I really liked the way the world first established in Reaper's Touch opened up from just forts and plains into Scraper cities and airships and mining towns. And how the cure found in book one changed the world but didn't magically solve all its problems. Most zombie or plague stories end at that
Marianne
Although I liked the first book in the series better, this was still quite enjoyable. I liked how Jane handled things and the further development of the Reaper world.
Al
Al rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2014
Shelley Nolan
Shelley Nolan rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2014
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2015
Gem Sivad
Gem Sivad rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2014
Fatima
Fatima rated it it was ok
Nov 11, 2014
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2014
Anita
Anita rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2015
Pondus
Pondus rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2015
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2016
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Reapers
Category: Fantasy
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2014
Carol Natta
Carol Natta rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2014
FV Angela
FV Angela marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2016
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Barbara Ann
Barbara Ann marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Kahlia
Kahlia marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Regan
Regan added it
Oct 12, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Nyssa
Nyssa added it
Jul 08, 2014
Stephanie F
Stephanie F marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Allison
Allison is currently reading it
Sep 01, 2014
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Angela Campbell
Angela Campbell marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Rosa
Rosa marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Amy ~Lover of Books~
Amy ~Lover of Books~ marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Nickie
Nickie marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
NormaCenva
NormaCenva marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
4193895
Eleri Stone is a RITA-nominated author of fantasy and paranormal romance. Born and raised in New Jersey, she now lives in Iowa with her husband and their three children. All of her stories have some element of speculative fiction to them and they all end with a happily-ever-after.
More about Eleri Stone...

Reapers (5 books)