Start by marking “The Baby Knits Book: The Ultimate Collection of Knitwear Designs for Newborns to 3-Year-Olds” as Want to Read:

A collection of gorgeous knitwear designs for infants and toddlers - from sweaters and jackets to blankets, booties, and hats.
Published March 1st 2003 by Trafalgar Square Publishing (first published March 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Baby Knits Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Baby Knits Book

Bibliothekerin
Jul 31, 2016 Bibliothekerin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: knitting-nf
This book contains many 'keeper' patterns, particularly the first two of the following:
- the 'Raglan Sweater' (easy, Stockinette stitch rollneck pullover) for 0-12 months, knit in Cashmerino Aran,
- the 'Cable and Rib Sweater with Hood' for 1-4yr, knit in Cotton DK
- the 'Circular Yoked Sweater' for 2-5 years knit with 6 colors of Debbie Bliss Merino Aran
- the 'Kimono and Trousers' (3-18 mo.) knit in Debbie Bliss Wool/Cotton, and
- the 'Beaded Fair Isle Shoes' (3-9 mo.) knit in Debbie Bliss Wool/
Jam
Jun 25, 2007 Jam rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
The problem with Debbie Bliss books is that the end product is fine, but the instructions are lousy.

There are no schematics for a start. the instructions are sometimes woefully non-specific. It might tell you to cast off five stitches every other row, but won't be clear on which side (wrong or right) it should be. More than that, they sometimes go a long way around it. She'll tell you to cast off, and then later to pick up stitches from the cast-off edge when it'd be much easier just to but thos
Maria
This is the cutest and most practical collection of things to knit for babies that I found after searching our central library's wonderful collection of knitting books for at least an hour. There are just so many good projects in here! After I try making a few and see how good the instructions are, I'll have a real review. The instructions seem fine on first glance, but a lot of reviewers have said that they are confusing, so we'll see.
Sidenote: Please, MLK librarians, never weed your knitting
Rebecca
Jan 28, 2009 Rebecca rated it liked it
This book features cute pictures of really adorable kids doing cute things. Unfortunately, it doesn't show the knit work so clearly. The wraparound cardigan is photographed only from behind? What? Really. Cute patterns, and I may try one some day, but it's moved to the bottom of my ever-growing stack.
Celeste Miller
Nov 06, 2007 Celeste Miller rated it it was ok
Shelves: crafty-crafty
There are some adorable knits in this book, but as usual, Debbie Bliss's patterns are incomplete or difficult to follow. I'm a fairly experienced knitter and found myself frustrated following the patterns for what appear to be simple knits.
Terri
Jan 21, 2009 Terri rated it really liked it
Shelves: knitting
I've made several gifts from this book and I'm so happy with how they turned out. Highly recommended.
Stephanie
Feb 14, 2008 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good variety of skill levels, cute patterns. Some pattern call for wools or wool blends that I think would be not very baby friendly.
Ivy
Apr 30, 2012 Ivy rated it liked it
The hooded blanket on the front is a great pattern. I have sucessfully made one pair of the garter stitch shoes and they were pretty cute for Bailee.
Jan
Jul 31, 2010 Jan rated it really liked it
Shelves: knitting, non-fiction
Contemporary and mostly basic baby knits. A really good collection of pattern for babies and toddlers. There a couple of lovely sweaters.
Phoebe
Jan 12, 2008 Phoebe rated it really liked it
Shelves: crafttastic
Debbie Bliss's work is gorgeous. What can I say? I'm not reading this book so much as thumbing through.
Carmen
Apr 06, 2008 Carmen rated it liked it
Shelves: knitting
I want to knit a dress from here, but use a different yarn. I hear Debbie Bliss patterns can be difficult to follow, so i might just pass this over and find a pattern on Knitty.
Marilyn Sanchez
Marilyn Sanchez rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2015
Nova
Nova rated it liked it
Feb 26, 2008
Shannon
Shannon rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2008
The Writing Attic
The Writing Attic rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Hat with topknot and socks pattern. From devon library.
Georgina
Georgina rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2016
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2010
Judy Brown
Judy Brown rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2010
Sandy Neal
Sandy Neal rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2015
TheGoose
TheGoose rated it it was ok
Jul 06, 2009
Marilyn A Arace
Marilyn A Arace rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2015
Laser
Laser rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2007
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2009
Victoria
Victoria rated it liked it
May 23, 2014
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2008
Rose
Rose rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2009
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2008
Melody
Melody rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2014
Samantha
Samantha rated it liked it
May 13, 2008