Theme Gardens

Theme Gardens

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  5 reviews
How to plan, plant and grow 16 different gardens: fragrance, colonial, butterfly, mon, children's, old roses, zen, Shakespeare, gray, love, hummingbird, secret, medieval, grass, Victorian and winter. Includes a garden primer, plant hardiness zone map and further reading.
Published 1982 by Workman Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Theme Gardens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Theme Gardens

Kathleen
For those who want step by step instruction in laying out a particular kind of garden...this book can be most helpful. Various types of gardens are included & plant lists are provided ...some history on each particular garden is also added in some cases.

Writer's style is very approachable & easy to understand...no high & lofty botanical terms to look up in the dictionary.

Author carefully explains various aspects of developing the projects in some cases such as how to build raised bed...more
Dee
This was my first gardening book, and I bought it even before I had a garden. I just loved the idea of themes which was new for me at the time. I bought it when I was in college at a small gift shop on campus, and I read it cover to cover.
Wendy
This book is the reason I studied horticulture in college. I tried to emulate these beautiful plans but plants kept failing and I needed to understand what I didn't know. Thanks Ms. Damrosch for inspiring in me a lifelong passion for gardening.
Suzanne
Great resource when planning a new garden or modifying an existing one. I liked the idea of a "theme" and the author gives a number of inspiring ideas.
Wrdwrrior Lehr
Ok, but not an outstanding gardening book. Good pictures and good garden layouts for a novice.
Candy Wyman
Candy Wyman marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
L. Jewell
L. Jewell marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Ella
Ella marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Jillybear
Jillybear marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Susan Burns
Susan Burns marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2014
Terri
Terri added it
Jan 25, 2014
Ulrike
Ulrike marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2013
Madhuri Gupta
Madhuri Gupta marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2013
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2013
Kalum Pushpa
Kalum Pushpa marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2013
Lisa Sarm
Lisa Sarm marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2013
The Garden Primer The Four Season Farm Gardener's Cookbook The Garden Primer: Second Edition Eliot Coleman's Winter Harvest Handbook: Four Season Vegetable Production for the 21st Century Simple Food for the Good Life: Random Acts of Cooking & Pithy Quotations