Start by marking “Avoiding Alpha (Alpha Girl #2)” as Want to Read:
Avoiding Alpha (Alpha Girl #2)

Avoiding Alpha (Alpha Girl #2)

4.12  ·  Rating Details ·  5,309 Ratings  ·  253 Reviews
Seventeen-year-old Tessa McCaide has come a long way since her abrupt entrance into the world of werewolves, but she still has just as far to go before she’s comfortable with turning full wolf. In the meantime, she’s avoiding the topic of shifting to four legs any way she can. Thankfully her mate, Dastien Laurent, is quite the distraction.

When she finds her best friend, Me
Published May 13th 2014 by Ink Monster, LLC

Cinder by Marissa MeyerCinder & Ella by Kelly OramThe Kiss of Deception by Mary E. PearsonMore Than Jamie Baker by Kelly OramAvoiding Alpha by Aileen Erin
Best YA romances
5th out of 63 books — 15 voters
Feral Sins by Suzanne WrightMy Commander by Alanea AlderMy Protector by Alanea AlderFury by Laurann DohnerCry Wolf by Patricia Briggs
True mates and soulmates!
131st out of 286 books — 234 voters

More lists with this book...

“Meredith is extremely sick. We cannot make it worse for her or she’ll die.”

This was a YA paranormal story featuring werewolves, and I liked it better than the first book in the series.

Tess wasn’t as annoying in this book, and she actually seemed to care about people other than herself which was nice! She did still have lapses though where she wouldn’t consider how her actions might make someone else feel.

“You stay alive. Give me a chance to fix it.”

The storyline in this was about Meredith b
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
 photo images1_zpsc559bc76.jpg

Avoiding Alpha is book two in the Alpha Girl series by Aileen Erin.

Tessa is still coming to terms with being a wolf. After the initial change, she hasn’t allowed herself to change again. And, not only that, she is the true mate of the love of her life, Dastien and is only days away from the mating ceremony. But, she has found a new life at St. Alibe’s. She has friends here, others that are like her. And she has her best friend, Meredith.

photo images1_zpse7e509b4.jpg

But Meredith has become sick. She was cursed by the he
Lola Dodge
Oct 30, 2013 Lola Dodge rated it it was amazing
I have read the manuscript version. All I'm going to say is that YOU SHOULD BE VERY JEALOUS. Look forward to more hot werewolves, delicious conflict, and witchy badassery. Set your iPhone, your wristwatch, and your sun dial so know the exact moment this beauty is released into the wild. The series only gets better!!
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
May 09, 2014 Carmel (Rabid Reads) rated it liked it
Shelves: werewolves
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

This is a cute story about what lengths Tessa is willing to go to in order to save Meredith, her BFF, but calling it book 2 in the ALPHA GIRL series is a bit of stretch in my opinion. This installment doesn’t even have half of the pages that BECOMING ALPHA did (145 vs. 406) which was a bit misleading, and many of the elements that I enjoyed the first time around were practically non-existent in AVOIDING ALPHA. The blurb suggests that McCaide’s bruja half was going to be a
Ian
Tessa, a witch and werewolf is not having a very good day. Her best friend Meredith was cursed years earlier and her werewolf has been trapped, now she has suddenly fallen violently ill and as her life is slipping away, it is left to Tessa to save her. But saving her might only be possible if she makes a deal with the devil, the witch who cast the spell and is leader of a powerful coven of witches.

Avoiding Alpha is such a great book. It sits somewhere between a long novella and a short novel, bu
Christina Bauer
Nov 02, 2013 Christina Bauer rated it it was amazing
I'm honored to be part of the critique group for this book and I can tell you this...it 'll be KICK ASS! Fans are going FREAK about this one. Like the cover shows, it really explores the lovey-dovey side of Tessa and Dastien's relationship. SQUEEEEE!
Sharon L
May 25, 2014 Sharon L rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 5-2014
Pop by my blog The Accidental Reader because you really want to :)

I'm going to keep this short. For lack of a better term I think of calling this series a guilty pleasure of mine. Only, I don't feel guilty and it is not a pleasure of mine if life had taught me anything about pleasure.

I have never before in my life encountered a book (let alone a series of books) that frustrated me and made me laugh in equal degree.

The Alpha Girl series has the very dubious pleasure of being my first.

Becoming
Heather andrews
Apr 25, 2014 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
YAY it's book two! Although you wouldn't know that it's the second book in the 'Alpha Girl' series by the cover, which I'm hoping the author will fix (just put on the book that it is indeed book two in the series.) Sometimes having a mate sure can be pesky:
"You haven't lost your mind," a low gravelly voice said beside me.
I squealed and opened my eyes. Dastien was crouched beside my bed, his eyes level with mine. "Oh my God. How long were you listening?"
"Right as she was advising you on take p
Deborah
Aug 26, 2015 Deborah rated it liked it

Still on the fence.

My love/hate relationship with this series continues. While I wasn't completely won over by 'Becoming Alpha' there was enough potential there to make me want to continue on.
I hoped in this book Tessa would be less annoying, she's not and we can add verging on TSTL to her qualities. Meredith, the highlight of the previous book is unconscious for the majority of this book and I missed her. Shannon, don't get me started on her.
One of my main complaints with 'Becoming Alpha' was t
Gautirya Muralietharan
Apr 16, 2014 Gautirya Muralietharan rated it it was amazing
omg
I have been patiently waiting for this, and now it is almost here and it is killing me. I love the characters and I just want to know what happens NEXT....
Inky The Ink Monster
Jul 19, 2016 Inky The Ink Monster rated it it was amazing
Be still my little blue heart! So proud of you, Monster Writer! Another kick-ass book!
Whitney
Aug 31, 2016 Whitney rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-books
I want to start off with what I love about this book, which is that Erin gets the reader through hundreds of pages that only take place in two days without making the read seem like it is taking hundreds of pages. The writing (in terms of time structure) reminds me a lot of Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream and I get the sense the author was looking to this as a reference in places as she includes Shakespearian quotes (of course this could just be in my imagination and it is coincidental). I ...more
Gabbie (Rampant Readers)
For more of this review and others like it, check out my blog, Rampant Readers.

I absolutely adored the first novel in this series, Becoming Alpha, so I had to see what happened next.
This novel focused on the fact that Tessa’s best friend, Meredith, has become sick because her wolf is fighting the curse that the witches placed on her. And if Tessa can’t find a way to quiet her wolf, her best friend will die. This novel takes place over merely a day, but it seemed so much longer than that. Tessa
Karla
Sep 07, 2015 Karla rated it really liked it
Shelves: texas
This was more interesting that the first book. It was better because it didn't focus so much on the romance aspect since they already got together, but instead it focused on the plot and what was going on with Meredith and her curse that was trying to kill her.

Like in the first book, the interactions between the characters were my favorite. I could practically see myself there with them, dealing with the pack's problems. We get more insight into the witch coven that Tessa was supposed to have i
I.M. Luke
Jan 06, 2016 I.M. Luke rated it really liked it
Shelves: summer-2015, ya
Avoiding Alpha again like its predecessor was an enjoyable read. The only gripe that I really have with the book is Tessa. She worked my nerves quite a bit in this book. I mean it got to the point that I was screaming at my phone for her to shift already. I don’t know if this makes sense but I do wish that she and Dastien’s relationship had a little more substance than their mating bond. I mean she states the many issues she has with the mating and the fact that they barley know each other but ...more
SBC
Aileen Erin's Avoiding Alpha had a nice upbeat atmosphere and some fun dialogue. I enjoyed the cultural flavour and the relationships between the werewolves and the bruja (witches) had potential.

Perhaps because I haven't read Book 1, I found the relationship between the heroine and hero unconvincing. There was a lot of touchy-feely going on (I thought being carried into the cafeteria was a low-point in the novel), but he seemed a lot older and almost avuncular. The fact that two of the head seve
Aneesa
I did enjoy this a little bit more than the other one but this primarily focused on Meredith and her illness.

In this book, Tess kind of portrayed the role of wonder woman I think; fighting to safe her best friend's life between the cliché like a life and death situation!
description

At least, there was much more communication and romance between Dastien and Tess! But I honestly think Tess was a bit naïve thinking she could bargain with Luciana like that

Overall, a okay read

Jess
So fun!

I'm really loving this series. It's fun, action-packed, takes a different perspective on the supernatural, funny, dramatic, romantic in a easy kind of way, and just a really great quick read!
Dastien is the sweetest guy ever. I want one. I want to go to a perfect guy store and put a Dastien in my shopping cart, check out, pack him in my trunk and take him home with me.

I love that she finally shifted! And even if her saving Meredith was a seriously cliche ending, it was still done awesom
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
My casting:

The thing is, this book didn't really do it for me:/ I think i was looking too much forward for it, and i had too high expectations... It was predictable and i had seriously hoped for more. I'm not sure if i'll continue reading this series, though i want to give it another chance, so you'll never know.

Rate: 3/2 stars.
Sharon Mariampillai
I loved the story. I'm glad I got to see more into the mind of Tessa. Also, I thought it was great to get Meredith more into this storyline. I still love Dastien. Who would want a sweet werewolf boyfriend who can speak French? I would gladly want him to be mine. I thought it was a fast and intriguing read about Werewolves and Witches. I thought it was cool that (view spoiler) ...more
Feb 01, 2016 Sarah rated it it was amazing
It is very rare that I find myself actually yelling at a book, but this one caught me off guard. Not only did I find myself swooning when Tessa and Dastien kissed, but there is this one part that I found myself yelling for them to hurry. It was like when I get caught up in a good movie and am all in. I read this book so fast and was only wanted more. This book is wonderful but don't read it until you read book one.
Rachel's Book Reviews
Sep 08, 2015 Rachel's Book Reviews rated it really liked it
I read the first and I was on the fence about it...but I had downloaded the second one while it was a freebie, so I thought I'd read the second and give the series another chance.

I actually really like how this one was executed. I'll explain more in my full reviews.

For now, just know that it's meh until the second. The writing vastly improves in between the two.
Johanna Panko
Oct 20, 2014 Johanna Panko rated it really liked it
Thanks netgalley for a free read in exchange for a review.
Well written novel and I enjoyed it. This is a lovely paranormal young adult read that merges witchcraft with supernatural. Hopefully there is more to come..I would definitely read more in this series. Overall entertainment is four stars.
Iris (Paranormal Cravings Book Reviews)
Totally worth waiting for, def one of the best new paranormal book series!
To bad they are so small and you read them in half a day. :) waiting till the next book from this amazing series.
Coyora Dokusho
Nov 03, 2014 Coyora Dokusho rated it really liked it
Sweet story, simple. Enjoyed seeing the characters again, didn't like as much as the first one but will continue.
**Manjula ♥ Connor Cobalt**
Jun 11, 2015 **Manjula ♥ Connor Cobalt** rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
It was a bit boring. I really wanted to see them do the mating ceremony. Can't wait for the next book though!
Barb Shuler
Mar 10, 2015 Barb Shuler rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Once again I am pleased with this series. Tessa and the gang are back to stir up the pots and have us sitting on the edge of our seat waiting for a moment we can blink and not miss anything. I am so very happy that I came across this author and this series!

Tessa has accepted her mate and is in a comfortably happier, steadier place now. It's been almost 2 months since she was bitten and things have settled into a routine for them all. Meredith, Tessa's best friend and suit mate tries to get her t
Jules Goud
This time we get to focus more on Tessa and her bruja side.

We've seen her deal (kind of) with the werewolf stuff in the first novel, so this time, she is getting acquainted with her power in the form of trying to save her very best friend. Meredith's wolf has woken up and she wants out of the curse that Luciana put her on her. Now, it is up to Tessa and her friends to break it.

We get our first look into life in the coven, and we get a little bit of back ground into why Luciana hates the wolves s
Lenni Jones
Dec 03, 2016 Lenni Jones rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! I read the first book in the series and I fell in love with it. I finished it and then moved right on to this one. I could've finished it in one day, but it was late when i started it, and my parents would never let me pull an all nighter. So, I finished it on my b-day!!! It was amazing! I want worried about Meredith at all, I believe in Tessa. The only reason I was able to read this and the first book is because I got them as free ebooks. Now I'm slowly dying because I don't have the ...more
Jessica
Nov 22, 2016 Jessica rated it liked it
I felt like I was always one, or more, steps ahead of the main character in this one. it got kind of annoying. I understood her decisions, but I knew that the plot was gonna come down to her going back to the coven the whole time. Also I think there needs to be less focus on the relationship of the main character and more focus on the plot/action.
  • King Tomb (Forever Evermore, #3)
  • Angel Blackwood (FairyTales Don't Exist, #2)
  • Shadows of the Ancients (The Ancients #1)
  • Circle of Lies (Red Ridge Pack,#2)
  • Blood Solstice (The Tale of Lunarmorte, #3)
  • Frostbite (The Dragonian, #3)
  • Enlightening Bloom (Bloom Daniels, #2)
  • Bloodlust (Blood Destiny #5)
  • Stay (The Empire Chronicles, #3)
  • Finding My Pack (My Pack, #1)
  • Refuge (Relentless #2)
  • Scala (Angelbound Origins #2)
  • Half Moon
  • Fate Succumbs (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #3)
7190350
Aileen Erin is half-Irish, half-Mexican and 100% nerd-from Star Wars (prequels don’t count) to Star Trek (TNG FTW), she reads Quenya and some Sindarin, and has a severe fascination with the supernatural. Aileen has a BS in Radio-TV-Film from the University of Texas at Austin, and an MFA in Writing Popular Fiction from Seton Hill University. She lives with her husband in Los Angeles, and spends her ...more
More about Aileen Erin...

Alpha Girl (6 books)
  • Becoming Alpha (Alpha Girl, #1)
  • Alpha Divided (Alpha Girl #3)
  • Bruja (Alpha Girl, #4)
  • Alpha Unleashed (Alpha Girl, #5)
  • Shattered Pack (Alpha Girl, #6)

“He was going to get himself hit if he kept using that patronizing tone.” 1 likes
“His answering grin made my legs weak. His dimples appeared, like magic, showing me how happy he was. He leaned in, brushing my lips softly with his before pulling away. “Je t’aime, cherie,” he said before kissing me deeply.” 1 likes