Start by marking “Drunk in Love (More Than Friends, #2)” as Want to Read:
Drunk in Love (More Than Friends, #2)

Drunk in Love (More Than Friends #2)

The long awaited sequel to More Than Friends.

Zach and Ryan have a good thing going. After eight blissful months together, they're both ready to take their relationship to the next level. When a romantic weekend away turns into a wild night with Zach's ex, things change forever. An experience they thought they could handle could break them up for good.

For mature readers. In
Published February 24th 2014 by Surrendered Press (first published February 23rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Drunk in Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drunk in Love

Mirjana ***Let's Sound It Out - - - Mary-On-A***

***2.5 Stars***

The story picks up about 8 months after the first book. Zach and Ryan are blissfully happy and Ryan is ready to move their relationship forward. However, a trip to Portland and an awkward threesome turns their whole relationship on its head and Zach and Ryan are left reeling.

This book started off as a nice and easy quick read, however, that threesome was beyond awkward. And Steve....well, Steve is a manipulative asshole. The tides quickly shifted and the book took a nose dive. I'
Susan65
Apr 17, 2014 Susan65 rated it really liked it
So, this installment played out almost exactly how I expected, and how I wanted it too, BUT, whoa, I did not expect Zach to be the one to have the issues. The blurb mentions an ex, a wild night, and things changing, so don’t go crying that you didn’t see it coming people. I got my requisite angst and tear-jerker, but I was thrown by how it how it happened.

Steve is Zach’s ex boyfriend. An ex because his dad was sick and Steve had to move away to care for him, not because they had issues and split
Shelby P
Mar 03, 2014 Shelby P rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
This second book was coming along nicely. Zach and Ryan have been together for 8 months now. Ryan is still a bit insecure in the relationship. I knew immediately that this wouldn't be as good as the first book. I was thinking 3 star rating until out of the blue we get (view spoiler) ...more
Dre
With everything that happened with Steve, I'm not really sure how these two got back together without actually talking about anything.
Dreamer80
Sep 20, 2014 Dreamer80 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dbml-reviews
I received a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

This is the sequel of More than Friends and you need to read it first before this one.
Ryan and Zach are finally together and they like to spend as much time as they can with one another. They really love each other but an ex and then a threesome will almost destroy what they have. (view spoiler)
Lisa
This book was given to me free by the author for an unbiased review.

Going in I knew this was partly Menage and generally I am ok with that.
However, in this case, the couple met for dinner with an ex of one of them and one thing leads to another and the 3 end up in bed.
Each of the couple wanted the other to say no, but they didn't. I have one hard limit and that's cheating and that's how I feel with the couple in this book and it was nearly a DNF for me.
In the end though, the couple got their HEA
Love it all bookworm
Oct 16, 2015 Love it all bookworm rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, audio-mm
Overall book rating 3/5 Stars
Audio book - Narrated by Douglas Dale 3.5/5 Stars
Book Cover 3/5 Stars

If you play with fire expect to get burned - Why oh why do people do stupid stuff??????

Duck
May 07, 2014 Duck rated it it was ok
Shelby P wrote a review that was spot on for how I felt about this sequel. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

I don't feel that this review will be considered spoilerish when a threesome is pretty much stated in the blurb. Not an actual review but just thoughts I had while reading.

This book is a good example of how inviting a third party into a committed relationship can be devastating if the couple is not completely honest with their feelings and expectations beforehand. I have never been
Angel
Oct 02, 2014 Angel rated it liked it
Liza
Oct 04, 2014 Liza rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, threesome-group, dbml
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an an honest review through the DBML program.

Since I loved the first book, I was excited to read a follow up on Ryan and Zach. But this turned out to be one big mess that never would happened if the idiots had just spoken to each other! When they go to Portland for a convention, they meet up with Steve, Zach's ex, and end up in a threesome that neither of them wanted. Zach ends up walking out on Ryan without any discussion and I just wanted to smack
Anke
Mar 02, 2014 Anke rated it liked it
Jessica
Jan 11, 2016 Jessica rated it it was amazing
5 Hot-as-F#%k-Stars! The story continues and unlike my reaction to book 1, in book 2 i was cursing and getting angry at Zach. I hate when people just check out because of some stupid issue in the relationship. And Zach not only checked out, but he f#%kin left! F#%k me! My heart actually ached for Ryan. ...on a good note, at least I got my happy ending. for those who love MM romances, this is one to read!
Sandra
I liked the first book, More Than Friends, a lot. I'm not a huge menage fan and was planning to skip this book (I still may), but I got for free on Amazon as part of More Than Friends / Drunk in Love.
jules0623
Wow, Zach is an asshole. He cuts Ryan off without any discussion and disappears after a threesome gone wrong. But what pissed me off more was that Ryan was the one begging for forgiveness at the end, pathetically grateful to have Zach back instead of demanding explanations for why it was so easy for him to walk away. Next time, take your own advice, Zach, and say stop when you're uncomfortable instead of blaming what happens in the heat of the moment on your less experienced partner.
Amy
Jun 28, 2016 Amy rated it liked it
Shelves: audible-finished
***Audiobook***Narrated by Narrated By Douglas Dale***I'm still undecided on this series, but I'll keep going... It looks like Steve's (Zach's ex) story is next and I was definitely *not* a fan of him, so book #3 may be a make it or break it for me.
Rissa
Bittersweet. Definitely did not like Steve. I wasn't very happy about what happened but the ending at least smoothed that out.
Annery
***3.5*** This is the continuation of Ryan & Zach's story.

The story picks up seven months after More than Friends left off and boy Ryan has taken to life as a gay man like a fish to water. (view spoiler)He's totally into Zach and has jumped with both feet into the relationship which is on the fast lane to HEA.
The guys go on a long weekend trip to Portland where Zach has some
Rinkyx
Jan 06, 2015 Rinkyx rated it did not like it
*** may be spoilers and also I'm not good at reviews so this may be more like a rant!

WHAT THE F***K . . . No! Zack, just leave Ryan. He's still young and needs to experiment more in having opened the door to the closet recently and clearly needs to do everything once before he finds out you were and are the best thing he would ever have. But no, dont go back crawling to him! Let him come to you x 20!!. I loved the first book, but hated this. WIll not continue the series, as the next one is with
savagedamsel10
Oct 22, 2015 savagedamsel10 rated it did not like it
I wasn't going to say anything but after reading the reviews for this book I knew that this was something I couldn't be silent about. I was horrified by how other readers approached the scene presented in the book and I felt that I needed to say something before I delete this book from my phone and ignore it for the rest of my life. It's rather too bad since I didn't mind the first book.

Trigger Warning for Rape (Because of the topic, spoilers are also included)

(view spoiler)
Lara
Sep 22, 2014 Lara rated it liked it
[I received a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review]

This is the sequel to More Than Friends (now free on Amazon) which should be read before this one to understand how Ryan and Zack relationship started.

While More than Friends was a cute but very short gay-for-you story, this book gives us the chance to know a little more the two main characters - Ryan and Zack - and find out how their relationship came along in almost a year together.

The first thing I noticed, having read this right
Aimee
Sep 23, 2014 Aimee rated it liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is a look into Ryan and Zach 8 months after More Than Friends. Things are going well for them. They are practically living together, but not. Zach invites Ryan to go on a business trip with him where they will meet up with Steve, Zach's ex. Ryan is feeling unsure about meeting the ex, but Zach assures him it will be fine.

Well, they get together and after too much drinking for rational thought, have a 3-way with Steve. Bad idea all around
Red Cheeks Reads
Feb 28, 2014 Red Cheeks Reads rated it really liked it
Novella’s are not my favorite in general, but I couldn’t help taking a peek at this hot little book. I got the first one free recently on Amazon and had to know what happens with Zach and Ryan next. In the first book Zach introduces Ryan to the way of man lovin. I totally loved the fact that Zach turned Ryan out and made him like boys. It was hot! This book follows their story 8 months later, when decisions have to made about moving in together, and making bigger commitments to their ...more
*Kayley*
Meh.

This book made me SO uncomfortable. Look - I am all about some foreplay and role-play where you can get your rocks off on forced situations and shit, that is a-okay in my mind. But, when someone is physically, emotionally and mentally not okay with what is happening sexually then it freaks me the fuck out. If Zach didn't want the threesome to happen, he shouldn't have let it happen - I mean he fucking cried mid threesome for christ sake....that is not okay to me.

Then the rest of the book i
Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I'm not sure how to rate this book. It was a nice read, the book is well written, but I honestly can't say more about it. I couldn't connect with the MCs, as a matter of fact I found their behaviour puzzling and stupid.
The threesome almost destroyed them just cause each one didn't say no.
It seems to me all the book was based on the lack of communication, I really wanted to slap everyone!
In the end I think it was a 2.5/3 stars to m
Arlyn
May 06, 2015 Arlyn rated it really liked it
This book killed me. After falling in love with Zach and Ryan (especially Ryan!), the situation they found themselves in was tormenting me! I was so annoyed with Ryan's naive carelessness, frustrated with Zach's self-fulfilling prophetic ways and self-righteousness...and Steve! I wanted to murder Steve. What the hell were Zach & Ryan thinking.

My only complaint about the book was that it lingered in suffering and brief in rejoicing. Where's the hot make up sex?
Shannon
May 30, 2016 Shannon rated it liked it
Shelves: novella, m-m, 2016

3.5*
Boys, boys, boys...what were you thinking? Oh so much more angst and drama than in the first part of their love story...this one broke my heart! I was so mad at each of them, the lack of communication and the unwillingness to talk things over.
In the end I'm so glad they were able to make things right, but guh!
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
A Bit Better I really liked these characters but the damn thing was just too damn short and rushed. I'm done!
Aria Grace
Jan 28, 2014 Aria Grace added it  ·  (Review from the author)
The sequel to More Than Friends by Aria Grace

Amy
Oct 10, 2014 Amy rated it liked it
Shelves: own-them
3.5 stars. Men can be incredibly stupid sometimes, ugh!!
Mari Cardenas ~ Bayou Book Junkie
  • Highland Fire
  • August Ice
  • Badass - The Prequel
  • Must Love Kilts (Must Love Time Travel, #3)
  • The Cowboys Heart
  • Flown By The Billionaire (A Steamy Romance)
  • Unmatchable
  • In Front of God and Everyone (Pay it Forward #1)
  • Twelfth Night Secrets
  • Immortal Trust (The Curse of the Templars, #3)
  • There Will Be Phlogiston (Prosperity, #5)
  • Cowboy Crush (Cowboys of Fire Mountain #1)
  • The Bootleg Billionaire: Reawakening
  • The Tea Planter's Bride
  • Rough in the Saddle (Rough in the Saddle, #1)
  • The Slave (Free Men, #1)
  • The Truelove Bride
  • Voyage In His Arms (A Spicy Romance)

More Than Friends (10 books)
  • More Than Friends (More Than Friends #1)
  • Choosing Happy (More Than Friends, #3)
  • Just Stay (More Than Friends, #4)
  • Hands On (More Than Friends #5)
  • Best Chance (More Than Friends, #6)
  • My Name is Luka (More Than Friends, #7)
  • Finally Found (More Than Friends, #8)
  • Looking for Home (More Than Friends #9)
  • Choosing Us (More Than Friends, #10)