Start by marking “Soulfire (Nightwing, #1)” as Want to Read:
Soulfire (Nightwing, #1)

Soulfire (Nightwing #1)

In a world divided by prejudice and hatred, only love can bridge the chasm.

Tensions are rising in the Gladium Province. The boundary between humans and Morgons has begun to blur. While the human aristocracy strives to maintain distance between their daughters and the dragon-hybrid race, fate has other plans.

As the daughter of the corporate king, Jessen Cade is duty-bound t
Published October 20th 2014 by Lyrical Press/Kensington Publishing

Robin (Bridge Four)
Free on Amazon January 5, 2015

I’m a big fan of UF/PNR with erotic tendencies. When there is the added component of *sexy times* I’m all over it. The great thing about this first installment of the NIghtwing series is that it is not very long. There is just enough to give you a glimpse of this world and a taste of the culture and the idea of the series without committing to 300+ pages. Everything in this novel is self-contained so if you love it great there
Erika

Meh. The H and h were barely together in this book. Didn't feel much of anything for them as a couple. Only thing going for the h seemed to be her gorgeous looks. She seemed spunky at first, but really isn't. She is cowed by and submissive to her father and brother. Wish she hadn't been a virgin. Also, I wasn't as happy with the concept of "soulfire" since it is only described as making the h feel amazing, but no word on whether or not it does anything to the hero. It seems to just go o
Alp
Oct 12, 2016 Alp rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fantastic!

This book went above and beyond my expectations! Generally the stories about dragons have never been on my radar but after finishing this one, Lucius Nightwing changed my whole perspective.

This is the story of Lucius Nightwing, the eldest son of the most powerful Morgon (half human, half dragon) clan, and Jessen Cade, the daughter of the most affluent human family. Jessen’s father hated the Morgons like poison, so this is where the story begins—a forbidden love between two d
Sylvia
Riveting
Fantastical
Sensual
Passionate
Enigmatic
Romantic

These are just some of the descriptive words that come to mind when I think of Soulfire by the amazing Juliette Cross.

I quickly found myself falling into this imaginative world of where humans and dragon-hybrids, called Morgons, co-exist, teetering on tensions fuelled by indifference and hate. Yet, against all protocol and proprieties, one young woman, Jessen Cade, challenges it all. Defying years of servitude and boundaries forced upon her b
Juliette Cross
Nov 25, 2014 Juliette Cross added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I prefer not to rate my own books, but I would like to share a few words with the reader if I could. SOULFIRE is the first of the Nightwing novella series. I intended this trilogy to be an introduction to the Morgon world with the love stories of three best friends. This is a prelude to the more in-depth Vale of Stars series when war is brewing between humans and Morgonkind.

I do hope you enjoy this fantasy world and will tag along to see what happens in the next novel series, beginning with WAKI
Talltree
Sep 08, 2015 Talltree rated it really liked it
Shelves: genre-pnr-uf
Sexy n enjoyable PNR novella.

The worldbuilding about dragons and humans is interesting yet never overpowering. The H takes a while to get that the h is his mate but once he does he is gentle, adoring but also passionate and possessive as hell. The sexual chemistry between H/h was really sparking off the pages!! I liked the h too, she was feisty but also smart and loving. Safe romance.

4.25 stars!!
Jennifer Hines
Oct 20, 2014 Jennifer Hines rated it it was amazing
*I received an ARC of this book free from NetGalley on behalf of Kensington Books in exchange for an honest review*

The Morgon are half human half dragon and they are all that’s left of their dragon ancestors. Most humans have great prejudice towards them and although they’ll do business with them, they do not want their daughters anywhere near them.

Jessen Cade’s father is a corporate mogul and in order to keep control of his empire he has her future planned out…right down to marrying her off to
T's Book ~ Tanja
Sep 11, 2014 T's Book ~ Tanja rated it liked it
Soulfire is my first read by author Juliette Cross. First impression is that she reminds me a bit of an early Nalini Singh. The storyline and the premise are really good. The characters are well defined and you really are immersed in their world right away.

I am in love with the idea of Lucius Nightwing. He can fly me to the moon and back. Lucius is protective of this human Jessen and is trying to stop the pull he feels toward her. His species really has no control when his mate is decided, but t
Lydia Perversius
Dec 18, 2014 Lydia Perversius rated it really liked it
Shelves: nightwing
"Jessen, if you don't know it by now, my heart is already yours." - Lucius Nightwing

If someone had told me that it IS possible to have a good, complete story in only a bit more than 100 pages, with no prequel of said story anywhere to grab on, I would have laughed. Loudly. While holding my stomach and rolling on the floor.

Now this doesn't mean I haven't read such books before. I have, but they usually come from authors I have tried before. However, Juliette Cross managed to prove she CAN do it!
Lanie (Lanies Book Thoughts)
Soulfire is a different take on dragon shifters, instead of men turning into a giant dragon these guys are hybrids. They're really hot dudes with wings and incredible strength. It also covers an interesting aspect of society which is the segregation between humans and what are called Morgans, these two "species" if you will, only interact when necessary. Each species seems to keep to their own kind, specially when it comes to relationships.

Humans view Morgans as monsters, while Morgans view huma
Kelly
First time read from Author Juliette Cross and I was NOT disappointed! Really enjoyed this story. Classical Romeo and Juilet theme, the forbidden love scenario (without the dyeing of course). Story follows Jessen (a Human) and Lucius (from the Morgon race aka dragon people). Its was HOT. Really liked the Authors writing style.
Sheri
Oct 23, 2014 Sheri rated it really liked it
Dragon hybrid? Yes, please! Anyone who knows me knows that I love anything dragons, shifters, Hades, or any combination thereof. I'm sure that's not an exhaustive list, but it's good for the time being. Soulfire, the first book in the Nightwing series, is the story of Jessen and Lucius. Lucius, beautiful, sexy Lucius, being a dragon hybrid. How fabulous is that?

Jessen, human, is the kind of female role I love. She is spirited and lively. Seen more as a commodity than as a daughter to her father
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
~ 4 Soulfire Stars ~

Soulfire is book one in the Nightwing series by Juliette Cross. This is my first read by author Juliette Cross. The sotryline and premise are good. The characters are defined and the world description is vivid and detailed.

I love dragon’s and when this one popped up to read, I had to give it a try. Lucius Nightwing is protective of a human, he feels the pull towards her and once his species finds their mate they have no control of it, but the racism is at an all time hi in
Jessica Frances
Nov 01, 2014 Jessica Frances rated it it was amazing
Wow, what an exciting read which I loved! I enjoyed both Lucius and Jessen, the chemistry they had together and the forbidden love aspect is what made the book so exciting to me. Lucius was the perfect amount of protective and alpha, and Jessen didn't feel like to me just a damsel in distress needing to be saved.

The secondary characters were also interesting, without taking anything away from our two leads. I hope for more books in the future on these characters.

I loved the world that was crea
Barbara
Feb 19, 2016 Barbara rated it really liked it
Shelves: shifter
This was a quick PNR read. I liked the world it was set in and the concept of the soulfire and bondmates. Lucius was hot! I loved how he couldn't get Jess out of his mind and dealt with his frustration through painting. Jess was strong heroine and I was glad she finally stood up to her family.

Safety gang (view spoiler)
Sabine Priestley
Sep 13, 2014 Sabine Priestley rated it it was amazing
As readers we all differ in what we are looking for in a book. Different genres, different heat levels, different voice. What we don’t differ in, is what we’re looking for when we give our time to a new book. We want magic and this book delivered ten fold. It’s literally been years since a book swept me up so completely. I fell for Lucius Nightwing and Jessen both. Juliette has created a world I want to go back to again and again. Juliette’s prose is beautiful and her descriptions divine. Yeah, ...more
Naomi
Apr 29, 2015 Naomi rated it it was amazing
What a romantic story - I absolutely loved it :) I also just discovered that book 2 releases in 2 days - yipeeeeeee! Who ever knew that dragon hybrids could be so sexy? Many thanks to Carol for her recommendation!!
Julie Reece
Apr 27, 2016 Julie Reece rated it it was amazing
Beautiful, original, and romantic.
Joanita
Jan 07, 2016 Joanita rated it it was amazing

What a fantastic book! I loved the world created in this book, and I loved the forbidden romance between Jessen Cade and Lucius Nightwing. Their love had a Romeo and Juliet feel to it, as well as the fact that Jessen is human and Lucian is a Morgan, a dragon-hybrid, and most humans, like Jessen’s father despises the Morgans, as the Nightwing clan is his greatest rival.

Her wh
Danielle (is feeling overwhelmed)
Read more reviews at What Danielle Did Next

It’s been a while since I’ve read a paranormal romance so SOULFIRE came along at just the right time. That coupled with a blurb that mentioned DRAGONS and I was on it like a car bonnet!

SOULFIRE is set in a ‘verse inhabited by humans and dragon/human hybrids. While racial tensions are still high, things are slowly starting to change with humans and “Morgons” finding it mutually beneficial to engage in business together.
Jessen Cade is the daughter of on
Curly Carla Celebrity Readers
Nov 09, 2015 Curly Carla Celebrity Readers rated it really liked it
Shelves: shifter

This is a NA novella, first book in the series. This is dragon shifter book. I’ve been on a shifter kick lately. Paranormal kick I guess you could call it. This book is cool because the dragons don’t actually shift. They look like humans but they have dragon wings. That’s the state that they reside in. The interesting thing is that the dragons can have humans as mates and not just other dragons. I liked that.

The main character,Jessen, she is ok. I felt lik
Heather andrews
Sep 12, 2014 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
Read the blurb once it said 'dragon' I'm like totally reading this, if anyone who reads my reviews/blog couldn't tell by now I love shifters my fave being wolf and dragons so whenever those two things are involved in a book I will most likely read the said book. Now on to the actual review HOLY S***BALLS NEXT BOOK NOW, and I'm hoping it's Sorcha and Lorian's because those two seem to be great for each other. Lucius he's not the typical man/dragon-person he's the prince, and he finds amusement in ...more
Claudia
3,5 stars for the first book of this series

this book introduces us to a real interesting world. I liked the world building immensely even, if there could have even been more information on it
I also liked the characters and how they found themselves drawn to each other but I was disappointed with the last quarter of the book ... this could have been really good, but the ending was so rushed that I felt cheated

hope the next book let us enjoy the couple a bit more and gives us also in the last quar
Lake Reviews
Sep 14, 2014 Lake Reviews rated it really liked it
A modern day paranormal Romeo and Juliet. Jessen is a human that is trying to live her life without being prejudiced against the Morgon like her high power father. She meets Lucius after a fight breaks out at his bar. The fight was because of her. Lucius is a Nightwing Morgon who has never been with a human and tries to fight the pull he has for Jessen from the being. At least as the book goes on we see them together and they realize that they can't fight it.

Juliette Cross wrote this brightly. A
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)
Dec 08, 2014 ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

Another new great series I discovered. This book is the first of the Nightwing series,and it does a good job of putting down a setting as well as characters. I LOVE DRAGONS!!! When I imagine a shape shifting dragon man all I can say is it gets hot in the room. This book was amazing. I love books with a strong heroine who figures out exactly what she wants and isn't afraid to go for it. Add to that the mystique of dragons, a bit of treachery, a dash of deceit and the search for true love and you
Jenny Q
Oct 22, 2014 Jenny Q rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
Great start to a new series! Love the story world and I'm looking forward to future books.
Rebekah
Feb 14, 2014 Rebekah rated it it was amazing
Beta read of awesome :D Review to come!
Sandra
Feb 16, 2016 Sandra rated it it was ok
Shelves: series-stopped
Veredict: Not impressed at all for at least the first half of the book. After that, still unimpressed, but at least enjoyed some bits. 2.5 stars it’s all I can give.

I’m going to start with the things I liked because it will be all ranting afterwards, I can’t help it:
- The prologue is what it should have been. What would it have taken, Juliette Cross?
- The architecture in a city that it’s shared by humans and Morgons. Those ten-storied disco-bars or Morgon houses, designed from up to bottom inspi
L-D
Sep 25, 2014 L-D rated it really liked it
I received this novella free from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I am not sure why I enjoyed this novella so much. I mean, I have read shifter books, paranormal books, romances between lovers from two different sides of the tracks.... so what makes this novella so captivating? I don't even particularly enjoy novellas as a rule - not enough time for true story and character development. I can't honestly put my finger on it so let me go ahead and give some credit to J
Dianne
Hellooo, hot alpha dragons! Juliette Cross’ novella trilogy kicked off with Soulfire, a world where a half human, half dragon race exists amidst the prejudices and hatred of an intolerant world. The Morgon race and the human race have always lived in their own worlds, but now the lines are becoming blurred as humans become more fascinated by the mystique and powerful beauty of these part dragon beings. Jessen is rebelling against the life her corporate kingpin father has arranged for her. She ha ...more
  • A Demon in Waiting (Sons of Gulielmus #1)
  • Odyssey (The Vampire Destiny Series Companion, #1)
  • Reluctant Prince (Kingdom of Cymmera #1)
  • Jordyn and the Caverns of Gloom (A Daemon Hunter, #2)
  • Celestial Beginnings (Nephilim, #1)
  • Ascension (The Watcher Chronicles, #4)
  • The Art of D/s Trilogy (The Art of D/s, #1-3)
  • Ash to Steele
  • Demon Evolution (The Evolution Trilogy, #2)
  • Her Sinful Angel (Her Angel, #8)
  • Born in Chains (Men in Chains, #1)
  • Angelsong (Dark Angel, #3)
  • The Last Keeper's Daughter (The Last Keeper's Daughter, #1)
  • Through The Veil (#1)
  • Close Remembrance (The Krinar Chronicles #3)
  • Bonds of Hope (Wicked Play, #4)
  • Taken by Chance (Club Volare, #5)
  • Fire Stones (Fire Wars, #2)
JULIETTE is a multi-published author of paranormal and urban fantasy romance. She calls lush, moss-laden Louisiana home where she lives with her husband, four kids, and black lab named Kona. From the moment she read JANE EYRE as a teenager, she fell in love with the Gothic romance--brooding characters, mysterious settings, persevering heroines, and dark, sexy heroes. Even then, she not only longed ...more
More about Juliette Cross...

Nightwing (3 books)
  • Windburn (Nightwing, #2)
  • Nightbloom (Nightwing, #3)

“Never stray from your own kind, Jessen,” my mother would say, “or you could end up like Princess Morga, a slave and outcast to be abhorred.”

The problem was, I’d never been a very obedient daughter. Never the one to do exactly as I was told. And fairy tales have no meaning when the stars align and Fortune spins her wheel, weaving her own story for your heart.”
3 likes