Start by marking “Tamar of the Terebinths” as Want to Read:
Tamar of the Terebinths

Tamar of the Terebinths

I am Tamar.

You know almost nothing about me from the Bible’s Genesis 38 account except that I disguised myself as a prostitute to seduce my father-in-law, Judah—Jacob’s fourth son—so that I could hold him to his legal obligation to marry me to his third son.

I want to tell you about my life, about all the things never written down about my family or Anush, the woman who r
Published December 18th 2013 by Whisper Voices Publications

To ask other readers questions about Tamar of the Terebinths, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tamar of the Terebinths

Stavros Halvatzis
Mar 22, 2015 Stavros Halvatzis rated it it was amazing
This is a haunting story, full of poetry, wisdom, drama, and deep seated intrigue. Looking forward to more from this very talented author!
Joy Sikorski
Mar 30, 2014 Joy Sikorski rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Quotes from people who have reviewed this book:

"This is a haunting story, full of poetry, wisdom, drama, and deep seated intrigue. Looking forward to the next book in the series."
— Stavros Halvatzis

"Tamar of the Terebinths brings to life familiar but often overlooked characters from Biblical times, giving them vibrant voices. The engaging narrative causes us to reconsider our notions about the ancient world while telling a resonant story full of timeless truths."
— Dawn Powers, Esq.

“In Tamar of t
LeNoir Kali
Jul 31, 2015 LeNoir Kali rated it it was amazing
By gently parting the veils of time, Sikorski and Silversher have afforded us a tantalizing glimpse into the exotic world of Genesis through the inquisitive perspective of a spunky girl on the verge of womanhood. Tamar's city, her family and friends, the rituals and rules of her culture come to vivid life in this delightful Biblical tale. I eagerly await the second book of the Tamar of the Terebinths Trilogy.
Joshua Rutherford
Joshua Rutherford rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2015
Shannon
Shannon rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2014
Michael Silversher
Michael Silversher rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2014
Ozma Bryant
Ozma Bryant marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015

“Memories are strange things. Withough being something I can hold in my hand, they wield a beguiling power over me. Like a mirage in the noontime heat of summer, they dance before my inner eyes and beckon me to find water where there is not water.” 0 likes