Start by marking “Courage Times Three A Novel” as Want to Read:
Courage Times Three A Novel

Courage Times Three A Novel

Historical Christian Fiction novel, "COURAGE TIMES THREE," is an epic saga of war and peace, love and hate and faith and trust in the Lord, redeeming one from the bowels of hell during a lengthy and crippling WWI and WWII, including the haunting holocaust.

A beautiful story about a few people who stayed true to God in the good times and the bad. This book actually captures
Published September 14th 2013 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc. (first published August 23rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Courage Times Three A Novel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Courage Times Three A Novel

Brenda Elliott
Jan 25, 2014 Brenda Elliott rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I believe it is a warm inspiring story of love, courage, God, Faith, and trust. Love lost is an acceptance in life that is hard to swallow but one finds the wherewithal to move forward, which is so inspiring. War is inevitable due to power and control. Peace never lasts for long and hate seems to seep into crevasses and cracks in the earth, into our bones as we live in this world of sin. But again we overcome because of love.
Angela Cruz

This is a fiction novel based around love, family and God. This is a story about three women whom have been through some difficult life altering situations. The time line starts in the 1900's ending in the today's times, it is a lot of information to take it. I rather got bored in some parts of the book because it seemed to be a history lesson instead of being about the character itself. It does have some good points such as, the love and family bond that they all share. This book brought tears
Bev Walkling
Feb 04, 2014 Bev Walkling rated it it was ok
Shelves: war, history, christian
Courage Times Three

I received a free e-copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. The book is described as a spiritual story of three courageous women surviving the brutality of the world wars in Europe throughout the first half of the 20th century. I was interested in reading the book because of the wartime connection. The book is also listed as a Christian book and that was fine with me too.

The time span of the book is quite immense covering from the Great War to 9/11
Babs
Feb 07, 2014 Babs rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014-challenge
Personally I think this book had potential to be a good story. But written from the point of view of the narrator only proved to be a downfall. The reader never gets to know the individual characters since the domination of the writer is so strong. Perhaps more dialogue would have given characters more of their own voice.

I also had difficulty with the theology in this book. For example:

Satan had a way of celebrating his many achievements, like inflicting self-loathing within on numerous lonely
Celeste Cooper
Jun 27, 2014 Celeste Cooper rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am unsure as to why this book got poor marks by some other reviewers. The writing style suited me fine, possibly because I connect more with the feeling. Everyone has his or her preference and I give five stars because of the story line, character description, and flow. As far as the research, I thought it quite good. Even best sellers can get a few things wrong.

Beginning during WW II this family story moves across generations. You feel what once was, and you can hear the bell peeling through
Melissa Cheslog
Jul 21, 2014 Melissa Cheslog rated it it was amazing
This is so very much unlike most of what I read. I was absolutely blown away by this story. It follows the lives of Valentin and Lilly starting from World War II in France and continues to present time. The story is full of honesty, hope, love, and faith. The journey of the characters, this family, is so vividly honest and believable. It is a story that will move the reader and encourage the reader to learn more about themselves and the strength of the human spirit. I found the plot to move very ...more
Megan
Courage Times Three wasn't terrible, but the way it was told was very boring to me. I enjoy dialogue between characters and this book is told mostly through the narrator, which meant very little dialogue, so that was disappointing for me. I never felt a connection with any of the characters and things happened in their lives too quickly for me to care. If you enjoy stories told this way you'll probably enjoy this book.
Angela
Angela rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2014
Frenchtulip
Frenchtulip rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2014
Daniel J Tini
Daniel J Tini rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2015
Denise
Denise rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2014
Veronica Mcdonald
Veronica Mcdonald rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2014
Mary
Mary rated it did not like it
Dec 28, 2015
Suzanne
Suzanne marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2013
Marc Mullo
Marc Mullo marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
Firuza
Firuza marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Reyhane
Reyhane marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Jenn Ferris
Jenn Ferris marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Sunny Wilkins
Sunny Wilkins marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Ashley Tetzlaff
Ashley Tetzlaff marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Charline Bonham
Charline Bonham marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
MJ
MJ marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Janice Sisemore
Janice Sisemore marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Twilightwatchers
Twilightwatchers marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Jeanette
Jeanette marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Jaci
Jaci marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Wilma  Coate
Wilma Coate marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Mark Snowden
Mark Snowden marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
catherine reen
catherine reen marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
JEAN M CALDERON
JEAN M CALDERON marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2015
While underground.... 3 2 Jan 29, 2014 06:51AM
Every one's Choice: Name your favorite character in this story and why? 2 9 Jan 27, 2014 07:21AM
Change of story 1 3 Jan 18, 2014 02:40PM
Strongest female? 1 3 Jan 18, 2014 02:34PM
Making Connections: 2007. COURAGE TIMES THREE by Brenda Brown Elliott 4 12 Jan 15, 2014 06:38PM