How to Be a Billionaire: Proven Strategies from the Titans of Wealth

How to Be a Billionaire: Proven Strategies from the Titans of Wealth

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  10 reviews
"A truly enlightening work filled with fundamental strategies that have worked for others.Martin Fridson documents the essential principles inherent in every billionaire's success."
-Gordon Bethune
Chairman of the Board and CEO
Continental Airlines
Self-made billionaires all have one thing in common: they excel at making money. But hard work, thrift, and focus are only part...more
Published May 23rd 2001 by John Wiley & Sons (first published December 24th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about How to Be a Billionaire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Be a Billionaire

Mohammad Ali Abedi
[Audiobook version]

Here is my first complaint. Why is this book read by a woman? I know, I know, I’m being sexist, but the book is written in such obvious male tone, that it doesn’t really fit.

I’m still stuck with trying to become a millionaire, so for me this is not really a guide, since I’m not even THAT interested in being superwealthy. And good, because I don’t think it would have worked that well as a guide, but as a stories on billionaires, it was interesting. Plus, unlike other books, it...more
Anton Klink
As the book was first published more than decade a ago, it may appear somewhat dated by omitting some of the more recent fashionable billionaires, but nevertheless it provides a nice overview of the careers and principles of some of the most iconic billionaires in history. We are provided with a short business bios of the likes of Warren Buffett, Bill Gates, John D. Rockefeller Sr., Ross Perot, J. Paul Getty, Sam Walton, Kirk Kerkorian and Richard Branson. In addition to these superstars of mone...more
Rico Lamoureux
Upon first glance of the title you might see this book as no different than the countless 'Get Rich' BS out there, but if you actually give it a chance you'll soon discover that it's something far greater.

Whether you're a tycoon enthusiast who loves such shows as The Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous, or someone who's just curious about the world around us, How To Be A Billionaire is a very insightful book that not only informs, but inspires as well!

Negative connotations are often associated w...more
Franco Arda
The author tries to identify what the superrich did right and tries to formalize it in some structure. I use the word `try' because becoming rich is no hard science. We don't know what works and what doesn't. Unfortunately, the number of ways to do something wrong always exceeds the number of ways to do it right. The author tries to pinpoint the right ways. As with any case study, the attributes that `explain' success can also be used to `explain' failure. For example, taking monumental risk can...more
Bosse Bunch
Very informative.

Very informative.

This book is a good read for those seeking knowledge and great wealth. It started a little dry but quickly pick up speed. The billionaire profiles give you a strategic look into their business practices.
Andrew
Book about billionaires and their principles and methodologies. Book focuses on entrepreneurial ventures, and can almost be considered operating principles.

9 fundamental strategies:
- Take monumental risks
- Do business in a new way
- Dominate your market
- Consolidate an industry
- Buy low
- Thrive on deals
- Outmanage the competition
- Invest in political influence
- Resist the unions

Key principles
- Pursue the money in ideas
- Rules are breakable
- Copying pays better than innovating
- Keep on growing
- Ho...more
Lonnie
Oct 02, 2007 Lonnie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: billionaire wannabes
Broken down into chapters on the five qualities of billionaires and presented, I think, as a tongue-in-cheek guide to making billions, the author offers great, short biographies of some of history's as well as contemporary billionaires. It's a peek into what they did and what makes them tick. If you are intrigued by the great fortune makers and their rise to the top, this book will satisfy.
AmblingBooks
"Most listeners will want this audio treasure to continue forever and ever" � AudioFile

Listen to How to Be a Billionaire on your iPhone, desktop, or smartphone.
Robert
May 29, 2008 Robert added it
This books talks about the sacrifices that you need to make if you want to make billions. More of a study on billionaires than a study on how to get there. The author does a good job of laying out why you would not even want to try.
An
An marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Juanjo
Juanjo marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Vincent
Vincent marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
pentacle11gmail.com
pentacle11gmail.com is currently reading it
Jul 28, 2014
Ekw
Ekw marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Kenny Lok
Kenny Lok marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Themightybat
Themightybat marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Shizuto Arimori
Shizuto Arimori marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Kartik Rao
Kartik Rao marked it as to-read
Luu
Luu marked it as to-read
Flamingoo
Flamingoo marked it as to-read
Andy Sterkowitz
Andy Sterkowitz marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Travis
Travis marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Hrishikesh Choudhari
Hrishikesh Choudhari marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Jaime Thomas
Jaime Thomas marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Nate Hockstra
Nate Hockstra marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
MEGA-DEEN
MEGA-DEEN marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Financial Statement Analysis: A Practitioner's Guide Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds Unwarranted Intrusions: The Case Against Government Intervention in the Marketplace It Was a Very Good Year Investment Illusions: A Savvy Wall Street Pro Explores Popular Misconceptions about the Markets