Start by marking “Kissing Madeline (Dearest, #3)” as Want to Read:
Kissing Madeline (Dearest, #3)

Kissing Madeline (Dearest #3)

4.21  ·  Rating Details ·  4,072 Ratings  ·  428 Reviews

What’s the worst thing about wanting a sexy NFL football player? Everyone else wants him, too.

After catching my boyfriend getting deep-throated by a skanky cage girl, I’ve learned my lesson – never date a professional athlete. Never. Besides, I have more important things to worry about, like not blowing my shot to make it as a broadcast reporter. I won’t let anything ge
Published April 27th 2015 by Lex Martin (first published April 26th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Kissing Madeline, please sign up.

Lex Martin Initially, I only planned to write three books, but I'm definitely writing a book for Jenna & Ryan and possibly one for Harper and Olivia. :)
Lex Martin It's out now! I'm sorry... I'm just seeing these questions. Thanks for reading!
Confess by Colleen HooverNever Never by Colleen HooverBeautiful Redemption by Jamie McGuireNovember 9 by Colleen HooverThoughtful by S.C. Stephens
Most Anticipated Romances of 2015
181st out of 1,415 books — 6,271 voters
The Deal by Elle KennedyA Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. MaasConfess by Colleen HooverThe Girl on the Train by Paula HawkinsThe Mistake by Elle Kennedy
Best Books of 2015
249th out of 2,584 books — 4,905 voters

More lists with this book...

Patrycja

Release Date: 27 April, 2015
Rating: 4.25 - 4.5 stars
Cliffhanger:. No
HEA: (view spoiler)

Lex Martin once again charmed me and gave me a little piece of heaven. Her books are really good and with every new release she manages to completely bewitch me. Her stories are exactly what I need in my life – a mixture of fun, sex and love!

So even though some time has passed since I finished readi
Eliza

Rating: 4 "sweet thing" stars
Cliffhanger: No
HEA: (view spoiler)

photo 0B1A946C-675F-4C4D-AD77-B96708059784_zpsijfawa2k.jpg

Lex Martin manages to bridge the gap between New Adult and Contemporary in a way I find appealing and effortless. I've enjoyed every book in the series so far and Kissing Madeline is the winning hat trick of her trio of Dearest novels.

Daren and Madeline are characters that have been introduced in Dearest Clementine and a
Katerina
Jul 28, 2016 Katerina rated it really liked it
"I hate you".
"It'll pass. Then you'll love me, I promise."
"You shouldn't make promises you can't keep."
"You need to be careful. I always keep my promises."

Darn, this book was hot. I mean really hot. Super-duper hot.

Daren and Maddie decided that the friends-with-benefits situation worked for them, since they were busy with their jobs but they loved spending some quality time together, off the radar. Besides, with Maggie's job as a reporter who has to interview Daren weekly about his career on
Lex Martin
Feb 23, 2016 Lex Martin rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
To receive an email when I release SHAMELESS on April 26 and get sneak peaks, sign up for my newsletter here: http://tiny.cc/zhizjx

I'll be giving away SIGNED copies of Dearest Series books and ARCs of SHAMELESS in my Facebook group. Here's the link if you want to check it out: http://on.fb.me/1oJN3mZ

Special Note: Several of you have asked about Harper and why she isn't prominent after Dearest Clementine. Thanks for loving her! Here's the thing... I want each book to read as a standalone, and I
Jacqueline's Reads
Apr 27, 2015 Jacqueline's Reads rated it it was amazing
5 Kissing Daren Stars

Kissing Madeline is a standalone in the Dearest series. Each book in the series are standalones.

Daren is Clementine’s ex-boyfriend. Clementine is the main heroine in book one of the Dearest series. Daren was just drafted into the NFL, he’s a newbie and he doesn’t get much play time, but he’s still a very popular athlete. He’s recently single and ready to mingle. He has no intentions in settling with any girl.

Madeline landed her dream job. She’s a TV reporter for her local st
✿kawehi.reviews
Apr 29, 2015 ✿kawehi.reviews rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I received an ARC via the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you and hugs&kisses for adding me in your acknowledgements!! I was very flattered and excited that I inspired one of your scene conversations in this book! Hehe.

#YES!! Daren dumped that "slore"!! And NO ladies, put down your pitchforks, she DOES NOT appear in this book at all! *does a happy dance*

Waah, words cannot explain how much I love, loved this novel!

I know some of you are like, “why would I want to read a book
Lindsay
Apr 27, 2015 Lindsay rated it it was amazing
Kissing Madeline…I’ve read the two previous books by Lex Martin and loved both of them. So when I had the opportunity to read this one, I jumped at it. I’ll be honest and say, from the blurb alone, I couldn’t recall either character name from the previous books. It wasn’t until I was a few chapters into this book that I realized that Daren was Clem’s ex and Madeline was the college reporter that interviewed Clem toward the end of her book. I’ll admit that I lost a little steam there. I wasn’t a ...more
Amanda
Third book in the Dearest series, Kissing Madeline reads like a mash-up of the two first books. There's the bland heroine, the duchy hero, a plot revoling around sex, a mystery that is no mystery at all, some casual sexism and slutshaming, but let's take it from the start.

Madeline, the heroine, walks in on her boyfriend sleeping with another woman. Madeline breaks it off and decides to focus (even more) on her job. When she moves in with Sheri, she is now the neighbour of Daren, a Heisman trophy
Give Me Books
Apr 24, 2015 Give Me Books rated it it was amazing
Daren, oh Daren! First there was Gavin with Clem. Next came Jax with Dani, and I really didn’t think anyone could top Jax. But Daren! I think you are the new number one! You had me swooning like crazy!

Daren is a sexy NFL star who lives, breathes, and sleeps football. It has been his entire life and the only thing that brought him peace.

Maddie is a smart, confident journalist who wants to make a difference. However, after filling in on a sports segment for a co-worker, the connection between her
Amy
Dec 05, 2015 Amy rated it it was amazing
“Everyone has baggage, Daren.”….It’s learning not to make the same mistakes that matters”

Lex Martin has done it again! I am giddy, happy and just so excited! Kissing Madeline was such a fantastic read. I have been waiting for Daren’s story for a long time. His character has grown so much since we first met him in Dearest Clementine.

Kissing Madeline is Maddie and Daren’s story. After Maddie catches her boyfriend in a compromising situation, she vows to never date another athlete again. Her caree
Margie
ARC received via author in return for an honest review

I try and push all my friends to read the first book in this series 'Dearest Clementine.' I can't say enough good things about it. It made me swoon, tear up, want to throw things at certain characters and it made me feel. It's THE definition (in my opinion) of a true college romance book. That being said, I had high hopes for 'Kissing Madeline'and it delivered!

If you read the first book, you met Maddie briefly when she interviewed Clementin
Jacqueline
Apr 29, 2015 Jacqueline rated it really liked it
This is the third in the series, but it stands alone and is complete in itself.

This is the friends with benefits that becomes more plot, but the lively banter and sizzling chemistry made this a better than usual example of that kind of story. She's an ambitious rookie broadcast reporter, he's an NFL sports star so they have to date in secret to avoid any appearance of partiality which was also a fresh touch. I wasn't so convinced about the drama; the breadcrumbs there were so huge I saw the dram
Anne OK
May 07, 2015 Anne OK rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-reads
Romance and football is a great combination! And Lex Martin's Dearest Series has been outstanding. Each of the three books has been a gem. I'm sad to see it end.

Daren and Maddie were a perfect combination. Both were very strong characters. Even their baggage of angst and hurt didn't override their growing relationship. I loved the fact that we watched their relationship take shape and face its own challenges rather than being bogged down in a heavy dose of the past.

Amazing from start to finish!
Aila
Jan 12, 2016 Aila rated it really liked it
Finishing this book felt like someone sliced open my chest and took out my guts and replaced it with the stuffing you find for stuffed animals and rainbows and heart emojis and chocolate and just made me feel all the warmth and fuzzies. IT WAS SO. GOOD.

Okay first of all, apologies in advance for skipping the first book to the third. The thing is, I spent the majority of the first book in this series, Dearest Clementine, disliking one of the main characters in this book: Daren. He cheated on Cle
Noodle
I absolutely adored the first two books, Lex Martin writing has magic. But Kissing Madeline, in my opinion, had one too many cliches for me to really LOVE.

ISSUES-

The Meeting:
I absolutely HATE it when the heroine crashes into the dude the first time they meet. I've read it happening so many times and while it may have been fun the first few times, its getting kind of old to be honest.

description

Fuck Buddies:
Fuck-buddies or Friends-with-benefits annoy the living hell out of me. Theres only two ways
Lanie
Apr 19, 2015 Lanie rated it it was amazing
ARC was provided by the author in exchange of an honest review

awwwwwwww i love it!!
full review to be posted here: http://bookaholicfairies.blogspot.com/
Candi~Dirty Laundry Review
Apr 27, 2015 Candi~Dirty Laundry Review rated it it was amazing
Before I write this review. I am going to add a disclaimer. Some people know that I am good friends with Lex. I don’t want that to cloud anyone’s judgment on my love for this book. This whole damn series. Because right now, Lex Martin is not my friend. I am a reviewer. Of an author’s book. That I absolutely freaking loved. So let’s get to it.

I have to say that I have so much love for the Dearest series. And with each book. It just gets better and better. Hotter and hotter. And sexier and sexier.
Keya
I think this one was my favorite in the series! The epilogue was so perfect and I loved how it concluded the other couples stories too. I loved Getting a bit of Gavin and Clem and Jax and Dani!

I'm trying to figure out why I loved this one more than the others... considering the fact that I was not a big fan of Darren. Yes because he cheated on Clementine... I won't easily let that go BUT he did redeem himself I must say. he learnt from his mistake and I'm glad I got to see a side to him that I
Ciara Garcia
May 02, 2015 Ciara Garcia rated it it was amazing
ARC was provided by the author in exchange of an honest review.

If Lex Martin tells you that Kissing Madeline would be her steamiest book, you better believe her!

Dearest Clementine and Finding Dandelion made me squeal like a retarded seal. But Kissing Madeline made me sweat buckets. I swear to everything that is holy, this book is so hot!

If you love sexy and sweet NFL players, Darren Sloan is the man for you. He's sooo swoon-worthy. He's very understanding and supportive when it comes to Maddie.
Melissa
This was such a fun read! Overall, I've really enjoyed this series. The first two books were a refreshing take on college romances and I much enjoyed Lex Martin's writing. In this one, the characters are just a bit older (right out of college) but what made the story work was the characters. Daren and Maddie were so good together and they moved seamlessly between being friends and being something else. I loved Maddie's drive and determination not to sell herself short. Daren on the other hand ...more
Talltree
Nov 03, 2016 Talltree rated it it was amazing
Shelves: no-dnf-zzz-avoid
Yomi Milanesa
Jun 25, 2015 Yomi Milanesa rated it liked it
Rating Clarification: 3.5 stars
Secondbite
Apr 27, 2015 Secondbite rated it it was amazing
ARC received in exchange for an honest review.

Now it’s time to get serious. To focus on football. To play like my life depends on it.
So the last thing I should be thinking is how I’d love to get Maddie McDermott horizontal on my sheets, maybe in my tub, and definitely on the living room floor, preferably near the fireplace.

The entire plot of this book is actually kind of like a “guilty pleasure” of mine. I enjoyed every minute, and I was glued to my kindle from the moment I cracked it open and u
Rebecca
I first became enamored with this series last year after stumbling upon Dearest Clementine, and it quickly became one of my favorite new series of 2014. The Dearest Series has adorable and fun loving characters, and I have felt a close connection to all the heroes and heroines. Daren was my least favorite person in this series, and I had mixed emotions about reading his story. Due to my immense love of the series and complete faith in Lex Martin, I decided to give Daren the opportunity for ...more
Silvana [The Book Voyagers]
Is it even possible to love Lex’s books even more than I already did? YES, YES IT IS.

REVIEW TIME

Review can also be found here: http://www.hopelessbooklovers.com/hap...

Kissing Madeline threw me into a windmill of feels. Lex Martin, you know the way to my heart. Since Clementine, then Dani, and finally Maddie, time and time again, you managed to care for every single character and their situations, their relati
Tarah
May 02, 2015 Tarah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favies
You don’t need to read the first two books in the series to enjoy Kissing Madeline, but I highly recommend it because they’re amazing. Lex didn’t disappoint me with book number three.

I am not a football fan, but Daren had me from the beginning. He is a charismatic, swoon-worthy, sexy god. The things the man does with his hands… and I don’t mean anything with a football. Lex brought the sex in Kissing Madeline. She brought it hard. So. Hard.

Not only does Lex Martin know how to write the man of yo
manuela
May 11, 2015 manuela rated it it was amazing
MADDIE AND DAREN ARE SO DAMN ADORABLE!!
She grins, and my stomach does this weird little backflip. Because her smiles do something crazy to my chest. Like they're drawing out air I haven't breathed yet.

I loved this so freaking much! Even thoough they've both been hurt in previous relationships, and are definitely not looking forward to get tangled in another one, they can't resist each other. The chemistry between the two of them is crazy and a friendship with benefits seems the best idea ever.
Lea
Apr 30, 2015 Lea rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

Short review time, because I'm tired and haven't eaten anything today.

Kissing Madeline was surprisingly good. I only picked it up because I like pretty cover and, well, LOOK AT IT ! It's so fucking pretty.

What I was expecting: annoying tropes, clichés, insufferable characters, asshole hero, slut-shaming, cheesiness.

What I got: a hero who doesn't treat women as objects and respects them, a heroine who doesn't talk shit about people even though she has good reasons, no cheesy romance.

C
Heather andrews
May 24, 2015 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
When it comes to Maddie, Daren's thoughts always tend to be on the dirty side, "effing hell. Maddie and sex toys. Down, boy. I need to go before my d*** gets any more excited to see her." His girl has a few surprises she comes out with and I personally don't think he minds, "eff, Maddie.” Her eyes light up, and she takes me all the way, swallowing me down the back of her throat. “Goddamn, woman. Don’t you have a gag reflex?" Daren could be considerate at times, "it’s okay. I need to study some ...more
  • Beyond What is Given (Flight & Glory, #3)
  • Conflagration (The Wellingtons, #2)
  • A Perfect Ten (Forbidden Men, #5)
  • Long Way Down (Calloway Sisters, #4; Addicted, #3.2)
  • Devious Minds (Devious Minds, #1)
  • The Game Plan (Game On, #3)
  • Fighting Solitude (On the Ropes, #3)
  • All Broke Down (Rusk University, #2)
  • Hooked by Love (Bellevue Bullies, #3)
  • The Score (Off-Campus, #3)
  • MacKenzie Fire (Shine Not Burn, #2)
  • Scoring Wilder
  • Business as Usual (Off the Subject, #3)
  • Childstar 3 (Childstar, #3)
  • Blonde Date (The Ivy Years, #2.5)
  • Capture (Elements of Chemistry #3; Hypothesis, #1.3)
  • Aberration (East Park, #3)
USA Today bestselling author of Shameless and The Dearest Series. I write contemporary romance novels, the sexy kind with lotsa angst, a whole lotta kissing, and the hot happily ever afters.

Newsletter:

Facebook Author Page:

Facebook Group/Lex Martin's Wildcats:
More about Lex Martin...

Dearest (3 books)
  • Dearest Clementine (Dearest, #1)
  • Finding Dandelion (Dearest, #2)

“  “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” 3 likes