Start by marking “Researched to Death (Jamie Brodie Mystery, #4)” as Want to Read:
Researched to Death (Jamie Brodie Mystery, #4)

Researched to Death (Jamie Brodie Mystery #4)

"Was it National Old Boyfriends Week, and I'd missed the memo?"

Librarian Jamie Brodie is looking forward to a week of vacation in Oxford, England, his first trip back in seven years. Before he's even packed, though, a couple of complications arise.

The first complication is Jamie's ex, Ethan Williams, who shows up at Jamie's office with his new boyfriend and a request. Et
Published January 21st 2014

To ask other readers questions about Researched to Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Researched to Death

ttg
Feb 03, 2014 ttg rated it really liked it
Researched to Death is Perry’s fourth volume in her Jamie Brodie Mysteries, following the first book Cited to Death, and the subsequent books Hoarded to Death, and Burdened to Death. The series focuses on intrepid and sensible UCLA reference librarian Jamie Brodie, and his boyfriend Pete, a former cop and currently a psychology professor, and their knack for falling into murder mysteries.

The Jamie Brodie Mysteries fits the “gay amateur sleuth” category very well, and rings a tone similar to Josh
Chris
Oct 12, 2014 Chris rated it liked it
Shelves: gay, done, mystery, ebook, 2014
Good series continuation as both Jamie and Pete's ex-boyfriends turn up, Jamie gets involved in a murderous search for an old book, and, of course, Jamie and Pete continue to work on their relationship issues. Fortunately, the mystery in this one was more substantial than in the previous book, although I think both mystery and relationship issues could've been edited down to decrease how repetitive and contrived things felt by the end.
Ami
Mar 31, 2014 Ami rated it really liked it
I agree wholeheartedly with ttg's review. Yes, Meg Perry's writing is quite simplistic and sometimes I feel Jamie is listing the activities he is doing rather describing ... but I also became very comfortable with this.

I like that Jamie is rational and he is not one person who challenges authority or doing something stupid. When Pete (his boyfriend who is also an ex cop) told Jamie to stay in the car, Jamie STAYED in the car, rather than running after his boyfriend and ended up endangering both.
clear skies
I was disappointed in this book.

I didn't like the main plot, it was flimsy and really it was a bit far-fetched and no use of Jamie's time. It also became a tad repetitive as well - guess what not everything can be solved purely by Jamie's occupation. I understand the plot was about a missing book but alas I am not sure why he was involved in the case. The only reason he was - was to bring back Ethan, Jamie's ex-boyfriend of 7 years. At the same time Pete's only real boyfriend Luke also shows bac
Linda ~ chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny ~
I enjoyed this book in the Jamie Brody series much more than the previous book. The mystery was engaging enough and even though the resolution doesn't make much sense (view spoiler) it was still better than the non-mystery that bogged down the last book.

I'm still not really connecting to Jamie and Pete. Pete's jealousy is not appealing, and Jamie'
C
Feb 16, 2014 C rated it really liked it
I read the first four books in this series (all that are available to date) this weekend and thoroughly enjoyed them! I picked up the first one because I saw someone else swooning over a mystery where the protagonist does crazy things like call the police when things get sketchy, tell the police absolutely everything he knows leaving nothing out just because it might embarrass someone, and stay in the car when there's a potential murderer close by!

Crazy!

But while the MC Jamie is being a sensible
Tami (synchro from BL)
Feb 08, 2014 Tami (synchro from BL) rated it really liked it
Interesting mystery and more relationship development

The mystery/sleuthing part was nice and interesting to read (little tiny point for pedantics like me: There is no "university of Bavaria". Bavaria is a federal state in the republic of Germany, with Munich as capital. The university in Munich, my alma mater, as it happens, is called "Ludwigs-Maximilians-Universitaet", for short "LMU". If you google "university Munich" it is the first hit after the ads. Just saying...).

The relationship between
Neet
Dec 24, 2015 Neet rated it really liked it
This is the 4th book in The Jamie Brodie mysteries and as Jamie says it must be National Old Boyfriends week and he didn't get the memo.Jamie is preparing to go to England and more pointedly Oxford in a few weeks,when who should darken his door at work,but his ex Ethan.To say Jamie is surprised to see his ex would be an understatement.Ethan and his new boyfriend,Charlie for assistance with the research of a paper they both are working on.Ethan also wants to apologize on how he hurt Jamie and ...more
Sue
Sue rated it really liked it
May 15, 2014
Niki
Niki rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2014
Steven C
Steven C rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2015
Marian Guerrant
Marian Guerrant rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2014
Gillian
Gillian rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2016
Michele
Michele rated it did not like it
Jan 30, 2016
Anna
Anna rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2014
Munch
Munch rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2014
Haldis
Haldis rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2015
Haille23
Haille23 rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2015
Blackrei
Blackrei rated it liked it
May 14, 2015
jules0623
jules0623 rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2014
Sharon Cox
Sharon Cox rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2014
Miracles
Miracles rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2016
Lasticmax
Lasticmax rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2015
Ignis
Ignis rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2014
Marsha Bishop
Marsha Bishop rated it really liked it
May 15, 2016
Matt Moore
Matt Moore rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2016
kinkyprincess
kinkyprincess rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2015
Annie J.
Annie J. rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Hollis Shiloh
Hollis Shiloh rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
I started reading mysteries where a lot of us started - with Nancy Drew. I graduated to Agatha Christie, then P.D. James. My new favorite is Peter Lovesey.

I've had the characters of Jamie Brodie and Pete Ferguson in my head for a long time, but just recently figured out how to tell their stories. Jamie is an academic librarian because I'm an academic librarian and it's the world I know best.

Thank
More about Meg Perry...

Jamie Brodie Mystery (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Cited to Death (Jamie Brodie Mystery, #1)
  • Hoarded to Death (Jamie Brodie Mystery, #2)
  • Burdened to Death (Jamie Brodie Mystery, #3)
  • Encountered to Death (Jamie Brodie Mystery, #5)
  • Psyched to Death (Jamie Brodie Mystery, #6)
  • Stacked to Death (Jamie Brodie Mystery, #7)
  • Stoned to Death (Jamie Brodie Mystery, #8)
  • Talked to Death (Jamie Brodie Mystery, #9)
  • Avenged to Death (Jamie Brodie Mystery, #10)
  • Played to Death (Jamie Brodie Mystery, #11)