Start by marking “Crochet Me” as Want to Read:
Crochet Me

Crochet Me

3.67  ·  Rating Details  ·  254 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Featuring 18 fashionable patterns that take crochet into new territory, this beginner-friendly book of projects dispels the "unhip" reputation of crochet with designs that are edgy and stylish. Projects include jewelry, thigh-high stockings, retro bags, scarves, sweaters, shrugs, camis, and home décor objects, exploring color, texture, design, embellishment, and how to cus ...more
Published October 1st 2007 by Interweave Press

To ask other readers questions about Crochet Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crochet Me

Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet by Debbie StollerBeyond the Square Crochet Motifs by Edie EckmanThe Crochet Answer Book by Edie EckmanCreepy Cute Crochet by Christen Haden200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws, and Afghans by Jan Eaton
Must-Own Crochet Books
10th out of 91 books — 49 voters
Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet by Debbie StollerComplete Guide to Sewing by Reader's Digest AssociationThe Creative Family by Amanda Blake SouleStitch 'n Bitch by Debbie StollerSew U by Wendy Mullin
Best Craft Books
32nd out of 39 books — 35 voters

More lists with this book...

Abbey
Feb 16, 2012 Abbey rated it liked it
Shelves: knit-crochet
BOTTOM LINE: Attempt at "trendy" doesn't quite come off, but a fun attitude and some very intriguing patterns made this fun to read, at least.

Not at all my cuppa, these designs are fairly "out there", and some are plain bizzarro IMO. But the author writes well, and this medium-sized paperback pattern book is arranged well and photographed ditto. The size and tight paperback construction make it difficult to use, but for those whose tastes reflect those of the author this would be a fun book to
Kristina Jo
Jan 25, 2014 Kristina Jo rated it liked it
As per crochet book rules, some inoffensive items; some that I don't think would look good on anyone; one I loved the concept of, but hated the execution; and a couple I may attempt in the future. Nothing I fell absolutely in love with, but I'm picky. I did like the essays and articles that came after nearly every pattern. I had just mentioned to my mother that I need to relearn how to read stitch diagrams when, lo and behold! "Read Stitch Diagrams"! I was just starting to get tired of hunting t ...more
Cami
Jul 16, 2009 Cami rated it it was amazing
I got this one from the library and immediately added it to my "must buy" list. It's a great book filled with wonderful patterns from prominent crochet designers. This is a classic book that you'll return to when you find a new, beautiful yarn and you want to know what to make with it. It's a must for the crochet garment-maker's library.
Wendi
Dec 02, 2008 Wendi rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Wendi by: Sarah
mmmm, this book is like candy for the crochet person!! I love just browsing through the pictures and hoping that some day I'll be learned enough to be able to make some of the items in the book.
Sherry
Oct 09, 2010 Sherry rated it it was ok
A very nice book if looking for ideas in the world of crochet, the patterns shown, I found to be lacking. It is more of a introduction for specific designers than a book for workable patterns.
Leslie
Sep 18, 2010 Leslie rated it really liked it
Get out your hooks, Crochet fans! Kim P. Werker, editor of Interweave Crochet magazine and the founder of crochetme.com, has gathered together a group of hip designers and created a book of innovative and stylish designs. The eighteen patterns range from bags to sweaters and leave granny squares and crocheted flowers far behind.

I particularly liked the looks of both the Babydoll Dress by Amy O'Neill Houck and the Leaves Sweater by Annette Petavy. Both designs use fine yarn to accomplish a beaut
Ella
Aug 30, 2015 Ella rated it liked it
This book has a variety of crochet patterns - a few tops, jewelry, a pair of stockings, a bag, a basket, a rug, and more. Most of it isn't my style, and this would be a book I would pass on if it weren't for two patterns that really caught my eye - I haven't made them yet, so I've yet to see how they work up with from the pattern.
Joshua Gage
Sep 19, 2014 Joshua Gage rated it liked it
Shelves: crochet
These patterns are nice, and look very pretty, but there's nothing here I'd want to crochet. I'd recommend getting it from the library to check out the patterns before purchasing it.
Amy
Jun 25, 2016 Amy rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I've gotten my hands on, LOVE the patterns and different ideas.
Apr 09, 2015 Sarah rated it did not like it
Baby doll dress
Josie
Sep 16, 2013 Josie rated it really liked it
In this book you get to read other crocheters experiences and profiles. There are little pages describing the artists reason for creating the pattern. The book tries to give crocheters a sense of community and purpose. It touches on the issue of feminism and being raised in a career first society. I would say this is for more advanced crocheters. I liked it. The patterns are ok but not amazing or anything.
Endrina
May 28, 2010 Endrina rated it it was amazing
I just got this book, and after having leafed through it and admired all the lovely patterns I know I'll be using this book a lot. There are loads of lovely items, and the instructions seem clear as well. I can't wait to get started on the blue wrap on the front cover - and there are even more goodies inside! This is indeed a book with trendy and cool patterns, and a must for all crocheters!
Ames
Oct 08, 2013 Ames rated it really liked it
The patterns in this book are a bit advanced, but many I want to try making when my skills are better. Making a full piece of clothing seems daunting, but there are plenty of smaller accessories to tackle. I also enjoyed that each designer has a profile included. It's not often you have the opportunity to "get to know" the amazingly talented people behind the designs in a pattern book.
Tanya
Aug 25, 2008 Tanya rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Intermediate crocheters
Shelves: 2008-books
Not for beginners - but has a couple of cute projects in it. If you are interested in "going green," there is a cute project in there for a "cocoon bag" which will allow you to create a reusable bag to take to the market. I'm just learning to crochet, so this is a book to come back to after banking some experience with my hook first.
May 16, 2010 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Great crochet book with some very cool designs. I'd like to someday crochet the Style Moderne jewelry, the Comfy Cardi, and that amazing Mesmerize Sweater! Also liked the Shades of Plaid scarf which looks woven. Might want to purchase this book for its good instructions of Tunisian crochet and other more advanced techniques.
Gabriela
Aug 15, 2011 Gabriela rated it really liked it
Shelves: crafts
Very inspiring, with lots and lots of models and designers profiles. The books creates a marvelous atmosphere, introducing at the same time new styles (new for me), like Tunisian crochet.A must read if you're a crochet enthusiast/designer.
Sheila
May 09, 2011 Sheila rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Love this one! It has some great patterns that are attractive and interesting (in addition to the usual crazy stuff nobody would be caught dead in). I made a variation on the over-the-knee stockings, and they're great.
Anna
Jul 28, 2008 Anna rated it it was ok
Shelves: knit-crochet
There are maybe 2 designs in this whole book that are both fashionable and wearable for a real woman (read someone not model sized). I was disappointed.
Tracey
Sep 15, 2010 Tracey rated it liked it
Some nice patterns inside this book but I wish that I had borrowed this instead of purchasing it as I have not come across anything I will make.
Jen
Feb 15, 2013 Jen marked it as to-read
A couple patterns I really liked in here. I made the scarf for a friend for Christmas and it turned out really cute!
Cordelia
Sep 19, 2008 Cordelia rated it did not like it
They didn't pick the best of the Crochet Me patterns, which can all be found for free online.
Bryn
May 13, 2008 Bryn rated it really liked it
"Revolution"? Hyperbolic. But there are some really cool (and occasionally mind-bending) designs.
Ashley
Feb 17, 2011 Ashley rated it really liked it
Shelves: yarncraft
Gorgeous patterns, but many of them do require a lot of focus. :)
Darlene
Jun 17, 2011 Darlene rated it really liked it
The clothes in here is so pretty. The color choices too.
Carrie
Aug 27, 2008 Carrie rated it it was amazing
Beautiful patterns. A must-have.
Libraryla2
How great crocheting is.
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2016
Vim Venturanza
Vim Venturanza is currently reading it
Jun 24, 2016
  • Loop-d-Loop Crochet: More Than 25 Novel Designs for Crocheters (and Kntters Taking Up the Hook)
  • Amazing Crochet Lace: New Fashions Inspired by Old-Fashioned Lace
  • Crochet Inspiration
  • Mr. Funky's Super Crochet Wonderful
  • Crochet So Fine: Exquisite Designs with Fine Yarns
  • Hip to Crochet
  • The Crochet Answer Book: Solutions to Every Problem You'll Ever Face; Answers to Every Question You'll Ever Ask
  • Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker
  • Blueprint Crochet
  • Positively Crochet
  • Austentatious Crochet: 36 Contemporary Designs from the World of Jane Austen
  • Simple Crochet
  • Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet #15906
  • The Complete Book of Crochet Stitch Designs: 500 Classic & Original Patterns
  • The Chicks with Sticks Guide to Crochet: Learn to Crochet with More Than Thirty Cool, Easy Patterns
  • The Crochet Stitch Bible
  • Teach Yourself Visually Crocheting
  • Creepy Cute Crochet: Zombies, Ninjas, Robots, and More!
Kim Werker is a writer, editor and speaker who really digs making stuff. She runs a project called Mighty Ugly, leading workshops and lecture-conversations to help people embrace the dark side of creativity so they can have way more fun making stuff and trying new things.

Her newest book is Make It Mighty Ugly: Exercises and Advice for Getting Creative Even When It Ain't Pretty. Kim is the founder
More about Kim Piper Werker...