Crochet Me

Crochet Me

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  196 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Featuring 18 fashionable patterns that take crochet into new territory, this beginner-friendly book of projects dispels the "unhip" reputation of crochet with designs that are edgy and stylish. Projects include jewelry, thigh-high stockings, retro bags, scarves, sweaters, shrugs, camis, and home décor objects, exploring color, texture, design, embellishment, and how to cus...more
Published October 1st 2007 by Interweave Press

To ask other readers questions about Crochet Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crochet Me

Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet by Debbie StollerBeyond the Square Crochet Motifs by Edie EckmanThe Crochet Answer Book by Edie EckmanCreepy Cute Crochet by Christen HadenThe Complete Book of Crochet Stitch Designs by Linda P. Schapper
Must-Own Crochet Books
6th out of 50 books — 38 voters
Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet by Debbie StollerComplete Guide to Sewing by Reader's DigestThe Creative Family by Amanda Blake SouleStitch 'n Bitch by Debbie StollerCreepy Cute Crochet by Christen Haden
Best Craft Books
23rd out of 29 books — 26 voters

More lists with this book...

Abbey
BOTTOM LINE: Attempt at "trendy" doesn't quite come off, but a fun attitude and some very intriguing patterns made this fun to read, at least.

Not at all my cuppa, these designs are fairly "out there", and some are plain bizzarro IMO. But the author writes well, and this medium-sized paperback pattern book is arranged well and photographed ditto. The size and tight paperback construction make it difficult to use, but for those whose tastes reflect those of the author this would be a fun book to...more
Kristina Jo
As per crochet book rules, some inoffensive items; some that I don't think would look good on anyone; one I loved the concept of, but hated the execution; and a couple I may attempt in the future. Nothing I fell absolutely in love with, but I'm picky. I did like the essays and articles that came after nearly every pattern. I had just mentioned to my mother that I need to relearn how to read stitch diagrams when, lo and behold! "Read Stitch Diagrams"! I was just starting to get tired of hunting t...more
Cami
I got this one from the library and immediately added it to my "must buy" list. It's a great book filled with wonderful patterns from prominent crochet designers. This is a classic book that you'll return to when you find a new, beautiful yarn and you want to know what to make with it. It's a must for the crochet garment-maker's library.
Wendi
Dec 02, 2008 Wendi rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Wendi by: Sarah
mmmm, this book is like candy for the crochet person!! I love just browsing through the pictures and hoping that some day I'll be learned enough to be able to make some of the items in the book.
Sherry
A very nice book if looking for ideas in the world of crochet, the patterns shown, I found to be lacking. It is more of a introduction for specific designers than a book for workable patterns.
Leslie
Get out your hooks, Crochet fans! Kim P. Werker, editor of Interweave Crochet magazine and the founder of crochetme.com, has gathered together a group of hip designers and created a book of innovative and stylish designs. The eighteen patterns range from bags to sweaters and leave granny squares and crocheted flowers far behind.

I particularly liked the looks of both the Babydoll Dress by Amy O'Neill Houck and the Leaves Sweater by Annette Petavy. Both designs use fine yarn to accomplish a beaut...more
Josie
In this book you get to read other crocheters experiences and profiles. There are little pages describing the artists reason for creating the pattern. The book tries to give crocheters a sense of community and purpose. It touches on the issue of feminism and being raised in a career first society. I would say this is for more advanced crocheters. I liked it. The patterns are ok but not amazing or anything.
Endrina
I just got this book, and after having leafed through it and admired all the lovely patterns I know I'll be using this book a lot. There are loads of lovely items, and the instructions seem clear as well. I can't wait to get started on the blue wrap on the front cover - and there are even more goodies inside! This is indeed a book with trendy and cool patterns, and a must for all crocheters!
Ames
The patterns in this book are a bit advanced, but many I want to try making when my skills are better. Making a full piece of clothing seems daunting, but there are plenty of smaller accessories to tackle. I also enjoyed that each designer has a profile included. It's not often you have the opportunity to "get to know" the amazingly talented people behind the designs in a pattern book.
Tanya
Aug 25, 2008 Tanya rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Intermediate crocheters
Shelves: 2008-books
Not for beginners - but has a couple of cute projects in it. If you are interested in "going green," there is a cute project in there for a "cocoon bag" which will allow you to create a reusable bag to take to the market. I'm just learning to crochet, so this is a book to come back to after banking some experience with my hook first.
Great crochet book with some very cool designs. I'd like to someday crochet the Style Moderne jewelry, the Comfy Cardi, and that amazing Mesmerize Sweater! Also liked the Shades of Plaid scarf which looks woven. Might want to purchase this book for its good instructions of Tunisian crochet and other more advanced techniques.
Gabriela
Very inspiring, with lots and lots of models and designers profiles. The books creates a marvelous atmosphere, introducing at the same time new styles (new for me), like Tunisian crochet.A must read if you're a crochet enthusiast/designer.
Sheila
Love this one! It has some great patterns that are attractive and interesting (in addition to the usual crazy stuff nobody would be caught dead in). I made a variation on the over-the-knee stockings, and they're great.
Anna
There are maybe 2 designs in this whole book that are both fashionable and wearable for a real woman (read someone not model sized). I was disappointed.
Tracey
Some nice patterns inside this book but I wish that I had borrowed this instead of purchasing it as I have not come across anything I will make.
Jen
Feb 15, 2013 Jen marked it as to-read
A couple patterns I really liked in here. I made the scarf for a friend for Christmas and it turned out really cute!
Cordelia
They didn't pick the best of the Crochet Me patterns, which can all be found for free online.
Bryn
"Revolution"? Hyperbolic. But there are some really cool (and occasionally mind-bending) designs.
Ashley
Gorgeous patterns, but many of them do require a lot of focus. :)
Darlene
The clothes in here is so pretty. The color choices too.
Carrie
Beautiful patterns. A must-have.
Libraryla2
How great crocheting is.
Eileen
Eileen marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Arseimadaniel39gmail.com
Arseimadaniel39gmail.com marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Myriam Alegna
Myriam Alegna marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Talitha Moller
Talitha Moller marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
  • The Crochet Answer Book: Solutions to Every Problem You'll Ever Face; Answers to Every Question You'll Ever Ask
  • Simple Crochet
  • Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker
  • Amigurumi!: Super Happy Crochet Cute
  • Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet  (Leisure Arts #15906) (Donna Kooler's Series)
  • Creepy Cute Crochet
  • 200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws, and Afghans: Crochet Squares to Mix and Match
  • The Crochet Stitch Bible
  • The Complete Photo Guide to Crochet, 2nd Edition: *All You Need to Know to Crochet *The Essential Reference for Novice and Expert Crocheters *Comprehensive Guide to Crochet Tools and Techniques *Packed with Hundreds of Tips and Ideas *Step-by-Step Inst...
  • The Chicks with Sticks Guide to Crochet: Learn to Crochet with More Than Thirty Cool, Easy Patterns
  • 100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet: A Collection of Beautiful Blooms for Embellishing Garments, Accessories, and More
  • The Knitter's Book of Yarn: The Ultimate Guide to Choosing, Using, and Enjoying Yarn
  • No Sheep for You
  • New Pathways for Sock Knitters: Book One
  • Amigurumi World: Seriously Cute Crochet
  • The Best of Interweave Knits
  • KnitKnit: Profiles + Projects from Knitting's New Wave
  • Fitted Knits: 25 Designs for the Fashionable Knitter
Kim Werker is a writer, editor and speaker who really digs making stuff. She runs a project called Mighty Ugly, leading workshops and lecture-conversations to help people embrace the dark side of creativity so they can have way more fun making stuff and trying new things.

Her newest book is Make It Mighty Ugly: Exercises and Advice for Getting Creative Even When It Ain't Pretty. Kim is the founder...more
More about Kim P. Werker...
Teach Yourself Visually Crocheting Get Hooked Again: Simple Steps to Crochet More Cool Stuff Interweave Presents Crocheted Gifts: Irresistible Projects to Make & Give Get Hooked: Simple Steps to Crochet Cool Stuff Mighty Ugly: Exercises and Advice for Getting Creative Even When It Ain't Pretty