Start by marking “A Path Made Plain (Seasons in Pinecraft #2)” as Want to Read:

A Path Made Plain (Seasons in Pinecraft #2)

Betsy Yoder lives with her great aunt in Sarasota’s Pinecraft neighborhood, far from her family in Ohio. Heartbroken by a man who left her—and the Order—to marry someone else, Betsy instead pours her time and energy into her bakery, offering the village of Pinecraft delicious desserts from her Amish heritage, and is content in her hard-working yet peaceful life.
Enter the f
Published November 14th 2014 by Abingdon Press (first published November 4th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about A Path Made Plain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Path Made Plain

Brittany
Apr 20, 2015 Brittany rated it it was amazing
A Path Made Plain is one for my keeper shelf! I thoroughly loved this book from the start to the finish. I found it to be a very unique take on all things Amish. It is set in Pinecraft, Florida, a setting I really enjoy in Amish fiction. There is a light suspense thread running through the story, which makes it interesting to see the lengths the “bad guys” will go to in order to cover up their illegal activity.

I am a reader who enjoys a good romance flowing through the story. Attraction between
Debbie
Jul 19, 2015 Debbie rated it it was amazing
"A Path Made Plain" is the second book in Lynette Sowell's Seasons of Pincraft Series. "A Path Made Plain" is Betsy Yoder's story. And it is just as wonderful as the first book " A Season Of Change" .

Betsy's heart is broken because Jacob, ( her not so secret crush) has married someone else and so she puts all her talents and energy into her bakery.

Thaddeus Zook, a former Amish man, who left the Amish to pursue a career as a chef. returns to his grandmother, who has been the only one who has ev
Drebbles
Dec 04, 2014 Drebbles rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
Her heart broken after the man she loves Jacob Miller marries someone else, Betsy Yoder puts her heart into starting and running her own bakery. It is taking everything she has to make the bakery of success - not only financially but in the eyes of the other Amish who aren’t sure the bakery is a good idea. She is not looking for any distractions, especially in terms of romance, but she can't help but notice Thaddeus Zook who is ex-Amish with no intention of rejoining the Amish community. ...more
Emma
Nov 24, 2014 Emma rated it it was amazing
by Lynette Sowell
Enter the formerly Amish Thaddeus Zook, a pastry chef who has moved to Pinec
Jessica
Nov 25, 2014 Jessica rated it really liked it
A Path Made Plain is the story of Betsy Yoder and Thaddeus Zook. Betsy's heart has just been broken since the man she dreamed of marring had left the Amish to marry a Mennonite girl. Betsy puts all her energu and resources into opening an Amish bakery in the mixed community of Amish, Mennonite and English in Pinecraft, Florida.

Thaddeus always felt the need to be different and did not join the Amish Order. Instead he went to school to become aa pastry chef. His previous job ended when his boss w
Aug 09, 2016 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Enter the formerly A
Maureen Timerman
Aug 17, 2014 Maureen Timerman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
Just finished reading Lynette Sowell’s Seasons In Pinecraft book 2, and enjoyed my return visit, and am hoping for another. We have several return characters, and must say this book is about one that I didn’t have a favorable impression of in the previous book. This is a read alone book, but you will love the first book in this series A Season of Change: Seasons in Pinecraft Book 1, I did!
This is Elizabeth [Betsy] Yoder’s story, and I now have a much better feeling about her, and learned to love
Michelle
Dec 06, 2014 Michelle rated it it was amazing
A Path Made Plain, Seasons in Pinecraft Series by Lynette Sowell
Abingdon Press
Amish, Mennonite, Christian Fiction
ISBN 9781426753657
I really enjoyed this 5 star book. I found it to be refreshing, heartwarming and a great example of what it takes to live the life of faith. The author Lynette Sowell did an outstanding job of bringing life and excitement to the characters. It was well written with many examples of what life is like when you dedicate yourself to live a life filled with higher mora
Maryann Skaritka
Nov 18, 2014 Maryann Skaritka rated it it was amazing
A Path Made Plain is the 2nd Seasons in Pinecraft Book by author Lynette Sowell. It can be read as a stand alone. I did read the first book and I felt warmly welcomed back to Pinecraft and all of the Plain people there. The author does a great job with this book and serves up a story to readers that is chock full of pie, love, romance, faith, family and a mystery to be solved too.

Betsy Yoder is recovering from a broken heart when the one man she truly loves marries another. She stays in Pinecra
Melissa
Jun 28, 2014 Melissa rated it it was amazing
A Path Made Plain is the 2nd book in the Seasons in Pinecraft series. This book tells the story of Betsy Yoder from the first book. After Jacob Miller left both her and the Order to marry Natalie, Betsy comes up with a new dream. Pouring all of herself into the dream, Betsy decides that she will not let another man into her life or her heart.
Thaddeus Zook left the Order many years ago. He has made a life in the English world as a Pastry Chef. This is an occupation that his Amish family cannot u
Beverly Lytle
Nov 08, 2014 Beverly Lytle rated it it was amazing
The second book in the Seasons in Pinecraft series, A Path Made Plain, is so much more than am Amish Romance story. You will find this book woven full of mystery, suspense, characters finding their place both in and out of the Amish community, and behaviors not typically found within the Amish fiction genre. Yet, at the same time, the spiritual threads clearly weave themselves throughout the story and its characters.
I enjoyed the multi-genre appeal of this book. It could be read as a stand-alone
Cheryl
Dec 26, 2014 Cheryl rated it really liked it
I liked this second book in the series much more than the first...

I found the storyline in the first book of this series - A SEASON OF CHANGE - to be totally improbable. I liked this second offering much more.

Characters Betsy and Thad were believable and I like that they shared a love of pastry baking, an unusual but not totally outlandish occupation for an Amish male.

I like the details given of Pinecraft, Florida and was even more intrigued when I found out that it is a real vacation spot for A
Connie Ruggles
Jan 25, 2015 Connie Ruggles rated it really liked it
We often grow up with preconceived notions about what is expected of us. For example, if we're from a family of teachers, we might think we are expected to become a teacher. Sometimes the expectation is expressed, other times it is just assumed. I'm no expert, but I suppose this holds true across cultures as well; certain occupations are "approved", others are not.
Sowell has written an intriguing story set against that kind of conflict and how it is manifested in the lives of two young adults. T
Cynthia
Dec 06, 2014 Cynthia rated it really liked it
There are a number of things I liked about this story: the main characters, Betsy and Thad; the glimpses into the difference between Amish and Mennonite; the setting (Florida for an Amish story!); and Betsy's fledgling career as a bakery owner.

The main points of view are Betsy's and Thad's. I didn't care for the point of view of the bad guys. I think everything the reader needs to know could've been revealed through Thad's POV, and possibly Betsy's.

All in all, though, a good story.

I received a
Cindelu
Dec 05, 2014 Cindelu rated it liked it
I won this book on Goodreads.

It was an interesting book due to the Amish culture it portrays. The culture in Pinecraft appears much different than typical Amish lifestyles that I have read about. The main storyline flowed well and there were many outlets for other stores also which added to the enjoyment of the book.
Some of the language was rather stilted and I had difficulty understanding some of the viewpoints.
Overall I enjoyed the book.
Cathy Daniel
Oct 26, 2014 Cathy Daniel rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. The ending seemed a little abrupt to me like the author had to finish so quick let Thad get right with God. I'm also not fan of the legalistic views that the Amish have but I enjoy this author so much.
Patricia Dunigan
Patricia Dunigan rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2014
Becky
Becky rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2015
Bre
Bre rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2015
Darlene
Darlene rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2015
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Nov 20, 2014
Sandy Rutkowski
Sandy Rutkowski rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2015
Andrea Woodard
Andrea Woodard rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2015
Susan Bennett
Susan Bennett rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2016
Nathaniel
Nathaniel rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2016
Susan Turnbull
Susan Turnbull rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2016
Linda
Linda rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2016
Sarah Paulson
Sarah Paulson rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2016
Catherine
Catherine rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2014
Terry Giet
Terry Giet rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2014
  • A Simple Charity (Lancaster Crossroads, #3)
  • Gabriel's Bride
  • Redemption
  • The Bachelor (Plain City Peace #2)
  • Snow Globe (The Amish of Jamesport #1)
  • Huckleberry Summer (The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill, #2)
  • The Rescue (The Inn at Eagle Hill, #0.5)
  • Crossroads (Amish Roads #2)
  • A Plain Man
  • Fearless Hope
  • Hannah's Courtship (Hannah's Daughters #8)
  • The Forgiven (Keepers of the Promise #1)
  • A Plain Love Song (The New Hope Amish #3)
  • A Love Undone: An Amish Novel of Shattered Dreams and God's Unfailing Grace
  • A Mother's Secret (Hearts of Lancaster Grand Hotel #2)
Lynette Sowell is an award-winning author with New England roots, but she makes her home on the doorstep of the Texas Hill Country with her husband and a herd of five cats. When she’s not writing, she edits medical reports and chases down stories for the local newspaper.

More about Lynette Sowell...

Seasons in Pinecraft (3 books)
  • A Season of Change (Seasons in Pinecraft, #1)
  • A Promise of Grace (Seasons in Pinecraft #3)