Counting Cockatoos

Counting Cockatoos

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  7 reviews
'Counting Cockatoos' features tumbling tigers, happy hippos, rumbling rhinos, and more. It introduces plenty of different animals, and encourages reader interaction with two cockatoos hidden on every page.
Board Book, 24 pages
Published March 1st 2007 by Barefoot Books (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Counting Cockatoos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Counting Cockatoos

Liz
Oct 19, 2007 Liz rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Two year olds learning how to count
Shelves: kids-books
I LOVE this book and my toddler loves it too. He is learning to count so this is perfect -- the cockatoos are hidden in each page but there are always two to find, in addition to cute paintings of tigers, hippos, etc. Very nicely illustrated!
Orlando JBF
From the same author as "Octopus Opposites" - Counting Cockatoos doesn't quite measure up to it. But the illustrations use the same bold, water colors and my 1-2 year old has funning "counting" / finding the cocatoos on each page.
Paula
Introduces the numbers one through twelve by counting different types of animals, with two cockatoos concealed on each page for the reader to find.
Beautiful illustrations and it could be good for preschoolers to find the cockatoos, for the younger ones you could just do the animals counting. In the back there are some additional counting challenges
Donna-Lee
My daughter likes looking for the hidden cockatoos and I like the colorful illustrations.
A beautiful early counting book.

The matching floor puzzle has very large sturdy pieces. It is a great complement to the book.
Both items are available at:
Meg McGregor
Beautifully illustrated, this book introduces littles to exotic animals and helps them to learn tc count as well. I love the little cockatoos on each page.
Chrystal
My kids laughed at the 'and two cockatoos' parts.
Elsa
Sep 15, 2012 Elsa rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: pb
Great book to share at storytime!
Lorrie
Alice
Alice added it
Apr 08, 2013
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2013
Wooden Horse
Wooden Horse marked it as to-read
May 04, 2011
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2010
Bear on a Bike Secret Seahorse (Hide-And-Seek Books) My Granny Went to Market: A Round-The-World Counting Rhyme Bear about Town Bear In A Square (A Barefoot Board Book)