Start by marking “Homecoming (Avalon High: Coronation, #2)” as Want to Read:
Homecoming (Avalon High: Coronation, #2)

Homecoming (Avalon High: Coronation #2)

3.48  ·  Rating Details ·  1,512 Ratings  ·  74 Reviews
Meg Cabot's magical Arthurian epic continues . . . Manga style!

Will's dangerous brother, Marco, has been released from the mental hospital, and it seems as if he's turned over a new leaf. But Ellie isn't sure she trusts him yet, especially when she keeps having creepy nightmares about him every night.

Meanwhile, Mr. Morton is still convinced that Ellie's boyfriend, Will, is
Published July 1st 2008 by TokyoPop (first published June 24th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Homecoming, please sign up.

Sophia
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jaglvr for TeensReadToo.com

Meg Cabot and Jinky Coronado are back in a second installment of the AVALON HIGH CORONATION series. HOMECOMING is Volume 2 of the continuation.

Will's brother, Marco, has been released from the psychiatric hospital. Marco corners Ellie at the local park to convince her that the idea of Will being the incarnation of King Arthur is totally foolish. Marco starts to convince Ellie that even he no longer believes that he's involved in the foretold prophecy. But
Biena (The Library Mistress)
Can't believed I finished a fiction book after so looooong.

Bought this one from Fully Booked BGC. Now, I have to keep my eyes open for the third one!
Rebecca
Because of the cliffhanger ending from the first book in the series I grabbed this one up quickly and read through it.
One thing that I didn't find so great was that it repeated the first part of the first book but in a way it would've been good for people who hadn't read the first one for quite a while. Plus it's useful if you haven't read the novel Avalon High by Meg Cabot. Which I haven't but I definitely will be if the book is anything like this series.
Anyway, the characters are all interesti
Kim
Okay, I will admit that this installment was an improvement off of the first part. Though we still had to read through the introduction, about Arthur and the many lives he lived where he was brought down by evil before he could fulfill his destiny and whatnot, the main plot actually started to pick up a bit. Nonetheless, I still would have been happier to just have a regular book sequel to Avalon High.
Louisa
Jun 12, 2014 Louisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved all that happened in this middle book! So good, and I hated the threats!
Rachel Shen
Apr 14, 2014 Rachel Shen rated it really liked it
Avalon High: Homecoming
Excitement, mystery, and romance all in one! This book would be enjoyed by a young adult who likes to read Mangas and books about romance and drama among teenagers in high school. It is especially interesting because it mentions problems that many face today such as intrusive nightmares and thoughts that the main character had in the story. She also had many of her personal fears and her unstable relationships among other kids her age in the book. The main character is dem
Rowan
Sep 28, 2008 Rowan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ellie's terrifying nightmares about a psychotic and tyrannical Marco begins soon after she encounters him in the park. Recently released from the mental hospital, Marco seems normal and harmless enough. Will, Ellie's boyfriend as well as Marco's brother, thinks otherwise. He absolutely cannot forgive Marco for attempting to kill him and Ellie before. As if that wasn't drama enough, Will is possibly the reincarnation of King Arthur, while Ellie is the reincarnation of the Lady of the Lake. All of ...more
Becky
The cover of this one is a little touch ridiculous. Ellie's dress is pretty much ripped to shreds and Morgan looks like Jessica Rabbit. The story continues exactly where Volume 1 left off, with Ellie unexpectedly running into Marco. Marco seems to have made amends, but the shrewd reader/just about anyone can see that he's still his evil old self.

Not too much happens in this installment, even though its longer then the first volume. A dinner with Will's parents is quick and resolves nothing, Morg
Carri
Nov 03, 2015 Carri rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, let me preface this by saying that I'm not really into graphic novels and this review will reflect that, so take it for what it's worth.

Avalon High was one of my favorite books as a teenager, and I still reread it occasionally as a 20-something. It's a great story, but I've always been sort of indifferent about a sequel. I finally gave AH Coronation a shot as part of the PopSugar 2015 Reading Challenge.

Coronation just really fell short of the awesome that was Avalon High. The story felt flat
Nicola Mansfield
Chapter One once again tells us everything that has happend up to this point. Then the soap opera lives of the high school teens continues, though Will is mad at Ellie for the majority of the book saving me having to suffer through too much romance. Will still does not truly believe he is the reincarnation of King Arthur and to make matters worse his brother returns from the institution, where he has been since the end of the novel. He apparently went mad and tried to kill Will and Ellie. But no ...more
Nov 21, 2011 Jennifer rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Arthurian reincarnation in high school. Personally, I rolled my eyes all the way through this book. It's basic principle was that if you just believe in your man he will be awesome and do all the things he should because of you. I mean, it helps that that boyfriend is perfect but we'll just overlook that. The writer has obviously ignored the sad outcomes of King Arthur's love life in the book. I can only hope that later in the series this is resolved but I highly doubt it. I would also be loathe ...more
Runa
Jun 27, 2008 Runa added it
My complaint: Nothing happens. I just wish these were longer, or had more dialogue, and I know that defies the concept of a graphic novel...which is why I kinda wish these were regular novels. There's story to tell and it's not being told :( Loved the line about how Will wants to go into political science to help people, not to enlist to kill people, cause that's so amazingly true. I...really don't have all that much to say. Not enough happened. All I can do is hope that the final book has stuff ...more
Soobie's heartbroken
It hasn't improved! The art keeps being bad, the protagonist has such big boobs that it's a miracle that she can walk upright and a lot of pages are wasted on explaining what happened before.

SIGH!

Ellie's one of the stupidest characters I've come across recently. She keeps doing the wrong thing and creates problems for everyone. She believes, for examples, that the guy who tried to kill her and her boyfriend has recovered in just a couple of months and that he's a completely reliable source of in
Julia
Aug 08, 2008 Julia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I felt unsatisfied from this second installment of Meg Cabot's Avalon High series. The manga style seemed to leave us with very little story. It continues from the first "episode" with Homecoming week at the highschool. Ellie is still driven by her belief in the Order of the Bear and that she and some of her classmates are Arthurian legends back to life. If Will doesn't believe in himself as Arthur by the Hunter's Moon, peace will never reign on earth again. The book stops abruptly short of Home ...more
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
So the aventure of Avalon High continues in this second manga. What can happen worse than Morgan wanting to destroy her chances as homecoming Queen? What about Marco's return?

Obviously, things are just getting complicated... well more complicated.

I really liked it. Like I said for the first one, I'm glad that Meg Cabot decided to use manga to continue this story. The pictures show words that are not said and word describe what can't be seen. It's the best way to put this.

Now, unto the third and
Terri
Part two of this series, has Ellie still trying to convince Will of his destiny. If he doesn't by the Hunter's Moon, evil will win. And Morgan and Marco sure want that to happen... Meanwhile Elle is still trying to fix Will's relationship with his parents with terrible results.

I like Elle. A girl who is trying to accept she is the reincarnation of The Lady of the Lake and that King Arthur and all the players are real and big things are happening. And yet trying to maintain a normal life and run
Danielle
Apr 20, 2010 Danielle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: meg-cabot
The first chapter reviews what has happened in volume one of this series. It then continues with Marco being released from the hospital early, ellies continuous nightmares about him. And Morgan sabotaging ellies homecoming queen campaign. And Ellie has to convince will he is a king, or the world is going to end. This one ended very similarly to the first one, a cliff hanger where something shocking happens. I can't wait to start the third volume. And to see how this series will end.
Sara ♥
Finally finished this book. It was okay. The story was fine or whatever. The problem is that it's a trilogy... a to-be-continued book... so I knew there would be a cliffhanger. So that's annoying. Who knows when the next book will be out. Maybe next summer or something. It's not even listed on her website. All-in-all, the manga thing was fun for a book, but I would have prefered an all-out sequel rather than this kinda cheesy thing. Meh.
P
Jul 21, 2010 P rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Young adults that like manga
Recommended to P by: my library
Shelves: young-adult
This is a quick, fun read. It is a fantasy about teens who it is believed have led past lives in Medieval times. As far as manga goes, this book is pretty tame. No language or other mature concepts besides perhaps wicked deceipt between two brothers. I think I like it because it's clean. It is a good representation of a graphic novel and how they can be useful and interesting. Probably more for girls, but has good drawings so anyone might like to browse it.
Saniya
Dec 10, 2010 Saniya rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: meg-cabot, borrowed
It was too short! I finished it in 30 minutes. Anyways I borrowed it from my Friend and this book was good. The Manga Style was ok. Even-though I haven't read the first graphic book, I understood this book easily. I really Wanted to know the end which is in the book 3 so I am waiting to read that book desperately! I will give this book 3.5/5 stars =]
Kris
Jun 08, 2015 Kris rated it it was ok
I tried. I thought this had to be better than the first one. But it just reduces all the characters to stereotypes, and the art, while well done, is just so completely against the characters developed in the books. I hate that it just reduces these girls to tight clothes and big boobs. A disappointment.
Gina
Jan 03, 2008 Gina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This came out yesterday. It was okay. I am not sure I will buy any of the others. Manga takes me like 5 minutes to read and it isn't as enjoyable as Meg's writing. I miss a lot of the emotion and personality depth that is in good writing.

I am excited to see what happens in the story; I just don't like waiting so long for a chapter in a story.
Amy Gideon
I wish that Meg Cabot had written a sequel to the book rather than attempt a manga adaptation. All the manga did was heap frustration on disappointment. I do not recommend this manga series, but I highly recommend the book.

For my full series review on volumes 1-3 please visit http://perksofbeinganotakuwallflower....
Leslie
Feb 16, 2009 Leslie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Meg Cabot's "Avalon High" was one of my top-five books of 2007 so I was thrilled to know there was a sequel. Unfortunately, she chose to switch this story to a manga-style book and the second installment was as disappointing as the first. Cabot is one of my favorite YA authors, but this edition just doesn't work for me.
Debbie
Book two in the Avalon High series.

Mr. Morton tells Ellie that she must convince Will to believe that he is really the reincarnation of King Arthur or the world will be destroyed.

I think I'd prefer to read the novel. Not much actually happens in this manga version and, once again, the book abruptly ends, leaving the reader to search for the next book.
Elizabeth
Possibly more annoying than book one. Morgan is being mean to Ellie (the lady of the lake) and threatens to make up stories about her cheating on Will (King Arthur) if she refuses to drop out of the race for homecoming queen. And Ellie has to convince Will that he really is a king before homecoming or Arthur will never come back and the world will sink into evil.
Kim
It's a shame we didn't enter the story straight away. It took one chapter to remind us of what had happened in the book and then just when we get to the action it's over and we have to wait for the next one and the next for the story to end. As this is a three part manga sequel to the book.
Alexis Matthews
I HAVE TO READ THIS BOOK!!! The first 1 wuz SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Julie
Apr 04, 2009 Julie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle-school, teen
This was really bad; the characters from the non-graphic novel book Avalon High lost all their complexity and depth and were reduced to sniveling stereotypes. The story also became flat and uninteresting. Not worth the hour it takes to read.
Nicole Dunton
Jan 27, 2016 Nicole Dunton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dug right into this one after reading the first one. I'm glad I did. I absolutely loved it! Time to grab and read the third! I fully recommend. Definitely a great and easy read I love the artwork!
  • Shining On
  • Me & My Brothers, Vol. 8 (Me & My Brothers, #8)
  • The Toadhouse Trilogy (Book #1)
  • D.N.Angel, Vol. 14 (D.N.Angel, #14)
  • My Dead Girlfriend: Volume 1 "A Tryst of Fate"
  • The Dreaming, Vol. 2
  • NG Life 6 (NG Life, #6)
  • 神様はじめました 20 [Kamisama Hajimemashita 20]
  • Sabrina the Teenage Witch: The Magic Within 1
  • Kilala Princess, Vol. 01
  • Catnipped (Bad Kitty: The Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Kiss the Bride
  • Shining On: 11 Star Authors' Illuminating Stories
  • Audrey's Guide to Black Magic (Audrey's Guides, #2)

More about Meg Cabot...

Avalon High: Coronation (3 books)
  • The Merlin Prophecy (Avalon High: Coronation, #1)
  • Hunter's Moon (Avalon High: Coronation, #3)